• Status
    Not open for further replies.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    No need to bother in NWI. Visclosky is a hard core gun grabber and on his way out to pasture. His replacement will be just as bad.
    Yep. I think I tried sending an email to him once over my concerns about 2A issues and it was a waste of time. Glad to see he's finally on the way out but I do believe his successor will be the same as well. This region has been a majority Democrat anti 2A representative stronghold for many years.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I am well beyond the point of caring. Get what you want now. If we must refuse to comply later than so be it. The more of these accessories there are in circulation the better.
    I agree. Make the case that the concerns over these accessories are unfounded by shear statistical overwhelming common use numbers.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I agree. Make the case that the concerns over these accessories are unfounded by shear statistical overwhelming common use numbers.

I admire the spirit, but these same jackholes have been trying to ban standard capacity mags for, what, 30 years?

There has to been hundreds of millions of mags out there greater than 10, or 7, or 12 or however many rounds they decide are "evil" today and that doesn't seem to slow them down.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Let's not jump for joy, they will eventually look into it a couple more times before they finally reclassify them class III.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Might as well sell any ARs you have. They want to ban those too.

No.

You either lack nuance, or enjoy hyperbole. There is a difference between already owning something that various folks have suggested they would like to ban, and potentially throwing away money on something they have already suggested they would try to ban but were pulled back by others in power.

Nobody at the ATF has tried to ban an AR in the past several years. You can’t say that about braces.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    No.

You either lack nuance, or enjoy hyperbole. There is a difference between already owning something that various folks have suggested they would like to ban, and potentially throwing away money on something they have already suggested they would try to ban but were pulled back by others in power.

Nobody at the ATF has tried to ban an AR in the past several years. You can’t say that about braces.

So, you must have bought your AR's prior to 1990.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    No.

I would counter that you are being willfully blind. There are many items that are legal today that people in the government would love to ban, and are always working towards banning. Pistol Braces are a new item on that list. ARs and the aforementioned magazines are probably the top two on the list. There has been a constant pressure to ban both not for years, but rather for decades.

I will no more hesitate to buy a brace than I would an AR or 30rd mag. All are legal to purchase, and all have pretty equal chances of becoming illegal at some future time.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So, you must have bought your AR's prior to 1990.

No. First one just as the AWB sunset, and it was on a whim and a cash deal I couldnt refuse.

And I said "Several" years. Last count I had 30 (years) is outside the scope of the term several.

I would counter that you are being willfully blind. There are many items that are legal today that people in the government would love to ban, and are always working towards banning. Pistol Braces are a new item on that list. ARs and the aforementioned magazines are probably the top two on the list. There has been a constant pressure to ban both not for years, but rather for decades.

I will no more hesitate to buy a brace than I would an AR or 30rd mag. All are legal to purchase, and all have pretty equal chances of becoming illegal at some future time.

No I understand they want them ALL gone. Where was the Assault Rifle or magazine capacity change notice posted in the federal register by ATF? That is the difference I am pointing out. It is subtle, but you obviously dont deal very well in subtleties.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Yeah, it was just Congress trying to pass laws that would be binding, not the omnipotent ATF.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I responded to their query, for all the good it will do.

If you read the summary, they're basically saying, "If you put a wrist brace on a "12 gauge firearm" we don't believe you're actually using it with one hand. Also, if your optic has rifle length eye relief, nice try."

Let's be honest, a bunch of people ARE using them as SBR workarounds.

There are pictures on this site of one of the members one handing a 12 ga aow, I seem to remember him dual wielding them as well but not sure on that.

And what if you just happen to have really short arms?

And yes some are.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    You do realize that a federal court struck down the NFA provision against SBSs in the 30s? The .gov appealed it to the SC and got the conviction reinstated and the ruling against the law overturned when the owner of the SBS in the case failed to appear leading to a default judgment with no consideration being given to the fact that the man had not been informed of the SC case or the fact that he could not appear by virtue of being dead by that time.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom