Does this explain why we're suddenly hip deep in SoyBois and betas?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    It is like some here cannot fathom that humans react to one another’s pheromones and other scent signals. Which is what birth control pills alter…
    Okay. Do you think that women have ditched being attracted to “real” men and are now primarily ****ing soibois to the extent that would alter the gene pool?

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Okay. Do you think that women have ditched being attracted to “real” men and are now primarily ****ing soibois to the extent that would alter the gene pool?

I have seen no research of affects of women selecting the wrong men because of hormone pills. It seems possible.

One aspect that has not been discussed here that is in the links I posted is that the natural system helps humans avoid mating with genetically similar individuals, the pill by altering that increases genetic risk. Could that be a factor in issues we have today that were rare 50-70 years ago?

It seems possible that after a period to reach critical mass, then a period of execution, we now could be seeing effects in the gene pool.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I have seen no research of affects of women selecting the wrong men because of hormone pills. It seems possible.

One aspect that has not been discussed here that is in the links I posted is that the natural system helps humans avoid mating with genetically similar individuals, the pill by altering that increases genetic risk. Could that be a factor in issues we have today that were rare 50-70 years ago?

It seems possible that after a period to reach critical mass, then a period of execution, we now could be seeing effects in the gene pool.
    Could? I’m fine with saying that much. But no more than that without some really compelling data. But even so, I doubt it’s one thing.

And I really doubt Gen X women, the moms of Millennials and Zoomers, were ****ing betas enough to have messed with the gene pool, pill or no pill.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Could? I’m fine with saying that much. But no more than that without some really compelling data. But even so, I doubt it’s one thing.

And I really doubt Gen X women, the moms of Millennials and Zoomers, were ****ing betas enough to have messed with the gene pool, pill or no pill.
    This is getting too far from the point and the science. Why do you insist on dragging in generational labels Into this. The well documented actions of humans in the presence of the pill vs no pill is not generation specific and started in the 60‘s with pill use.

Its affects likely grew at a small pace as it wasn’t like all women started taking the pill the moment it was available. In fact there was early stigma as some believed those taking the pill to be loose women. Then you have the compounding affect over generations.

The science shows that:

Women select different men when they are on the pill, generally softer men.

Women‘s ability to detect genetic similarity declines on the pill.

Men are interested in different women when they are on the pill.

The pill affects human mate selection.

We can speculate as to what the results of this are…

And some of you guys on this thread may be such horndogs in your minds that you cannot imagine just how the human body works, of both sexes…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I was on the Pill for a number of years, and I've never been attracted to feminine males.
    BTW, this is not what the research says. It says you maybe were attracted to different males than if you were not on the pill and different males were attracted to you.

It is not like males are a binary thing with only two options. The difference may subtle but after 70 years it can add up to large differences…

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    She still produced hormones you unconsciously detected, and she certainly smelled you. LOL
    Huh. She told me it was because of my guitar playing! :): True story though... We met at a party at a mutual friend's place (where I was playing my guitar). I was going to the lake the next day and planning on sleeping on my pontoon boat. She asked if she could go, so I said, "Well, can you poop in the woods and take a bath in the lake?" She said yes, and the rest is history. :)

BJHay

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2019
    Crawfordsville
    Could it be that women were more secure in the 'breadwinner & housewife' model but started working in careers that were equal or better then men? Women, as a group, began asserting their right to be equal partners in a marriage. A masculine self confident guy can be perceived as intimidating while an effeminate man makes a more equal partner?

This could be very helpful when conflict arises over who pickups the kids up or makes breakfast when both partners need to be at work.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    This is getting too far from the point and the science. Why do you insist on dragging in generational labels Into this. The well documented actions of humans in the presence of the pill vs no pill is not generation specific and started in the 60‘s with pill use.

Its affects likely grew at a small pace as it wasn’t like all women started taking the pill the moment it was available. In fact there was early stigma as some believed those taking the pill to be loose women. Then you have the compounding affect over generations.

The science shows that:

Women select different men when they are on the pill, generally softer men.

Women‘s ability to detect genetic similarity declines on the pill.

Men are interested in different women when they are on the pill.

The pill affects human mate selection.

We can speculate as to what the results of this are…

And some of you guys on this thread may be such horndogs in your minds that you cannot imagine just how the human body works, of both sexes…
    Or, we think that there are more explanations than clinging to that one thing. It *could* be. It IS takes more than what there is to get us there. That’s my general disagreement. And the language you used made me think that it’s a “could” for you to. But idunno.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Female birth control pills absolutely affect hormonal balance. That's the means by which it prevents pregnancy. I can't explain actually how, but I can't explain the dames either. Does it make females attracted to a different type of man? I suspect it wouldn't make much difference. Stonewash Levi's vs. skinny pants... Someone's gettin' some.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Back in my mid-life crisis days, I had a friend that was a waitress in a strip club. She was admittedly bisexual (at least occasionally), but I always knew her to be interested in men. Well, I use the term "men" loosely. Some were the biker/bad boy types, but one was in some kind of goth band and he wore camisoles and other lacy things (all in black) and painted his nails black, etc.. They actually looked remarkably similar.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Female birth control pills absolutely affect hormonal balance. That's the means by which it prevents pregnancy. I can't explain actually how, but I can't explain the dames either. Does it make females attracted to a different type of man? I suspect it wouldn't make much difference. Stonewash Levi's vs. skinny pants... Someone's gettin' some.
    This.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So you don’t agree with the numerous studies researchers have conducted that demonstrate this phenomenon. People are acting like this is the first time in their lives they have heard of this. First you agree that the pill is hormonal and affects “balance”, but then you “suspect” that throwing off that “balance” doesn’t make a difference? Not sure that makes sense to me.

Perfume makers are selling products to mimic the natural human

“Pheromones are chemicals released by animals that can act upon animals of the same species from a distance. Each pheromone carries with it a message that the receiver can read loud and clear. The message might be “This way for food,” or it might be “It’s time to make babies.”

“Whatever the message they are carrying, pheromones are responsible for triggering a desired reaction in the receiver. They are more than a hint; they are a firm hand on the back guiding the receiver towards, among other things, intercourse or cohabitation. For members of the animal kingdom, they are irresistible.”

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Or, we think that there are more explanations than clinging to that one thing. It *could* be. It IS takes more than what there is to get us there. That’s my general disagreement. And the language you used made me think that it’s a “could” for you to. But idunno.
    I said all along that the soy bois and betas are not the result of just one thing, but this is a bigge on the list for sure. It is actually proven in studies compared to most other suggested causes and anecdotal stories.

I find it puzzling there is such resistrance to the idea that birth control causes women to choose different mates. Are you afraid to think you or your spouse may have actually chosen differently? LOL

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I said all along that the soy bois and betas are not the result of just one thing, but this is a bigge on the list for sure. It is actually proven in studies compared to most other suggested causes and anecdotal stories.

I find it puzzling there is such resistrance to the idea that birth control causes women to choose different mates. Are you afraid to think you or your spouse may have actually chosen differently? LOL
    So suddenly we trust studies and researchers, or do we only trust the ones that come to the conclusion we agree with?

We have a woman on the forum that tells you with firsthand experience that it didn’t change her attractions, but because a study said she’s wrong then she’s wrong? I think it’s ridiculous to say someone who’s attracted to muscular men will suddenly be attracted to skinny jean wearing man bun men because of a pill. Hormones affect more than physical and emotional attraction, so birth control can have an effect on hormones without changing ones desires in a partner.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    So suddenly we trust studies and researchers, or do we only trust the ones that come to the conclusion we agree with?

We have a woman on the forum that tells you with firsthand experience that it didn’t change her attractions, but because a study said she’s wrong then she’s wrong? I think it’s ridiculous to say someone who’s attracted to muscular men will suddenly be attracted to skinny jean wearing man bun men because of a pill. Hormones affect more than physical and emotional attraction, so birth control can have an effect on hormones without changing ones desires in a partner.
    First off, this has been studied for 70 years. So you can stop implying anything hypocritical.

The woman with so called first hand experience is guessing what may have happened. Just like if you chose to go to Burger King and get your truck totaled, you would be guessing if you said instead if you had chosen to go to White Castle it would not have happened.

Do you have any proof that birth control does not change one’s desires in a partner? I have posted proof of my assertions.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    First off, this has been studied for 70 years. So you can stop implying anything hypocritical.

The woman with so called first hand experience is guessing what may have happened. Just like if you chose to go to Burger King and get your truck totaled, you would be guessing if you said instead if you had chosen to go to White Castle it would not have happened.

Do you have any proof that birth control does not change one’s desires in a partner? I have posted proof of my assertions.
    You’re right. Totaling my truck on the way to Burger King is comparable to human instincts and desires.

You keep using hypocrite a lot recently. I just found it odd you generally talk about how studies and researchers have a personal bias, then when it’s used to your benefit it’s the Bible and must be taken as 100% proof. You even used it again in your reply to me. Have you read any studies that suggest birth control changes hormones but doesn’t change a persons attractions?

Can you tell me, if a woman is attracted to tall, muscular men do you really think birth control is going to make them attracted to skinny, scrawny men? You can quote any “study” you want, but you know logically that’s bull ****. I can find a study to support anything I want.

There’s been studies for hundreds of years that the earth is flat. Spoiler alert. It’s bull ****.

Top Bottom