• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    It is tactically sound...If I was a criminal (and a murderer)...that's what I would do! Eliminate the greatest threat first.

And do you have any evidence that it has EVER happened, EVEN ONE TIME in the history of criminal record keeping? Can you cite even 1 example of a civilian who was carrying openly and was the target of a bad guy who walked into a bank, store, cafe, etc and during the commission of a robbery shot the citizen who was openly carrying?

Just one example please.

:popcorn:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    2r28vnl.jpg

*Not an accurate representation. I have less hair.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    And do you have any evidence that it has EVER happened, EVEN ONE TIME in the history of criminal record keeping? Can you cite even 1 example of a civilian who was carrying openly and was the target of a bad guy who walked into a bank, store, cafe, etc and during the commission of a robbery shot the citizen who was openly carrying?

Just one example please.

Found this:
    Open carry deters armed robbery in Kennesaw

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Nothing wrong with bumping old threads, as long as you have something useful to add and aren't bumping it just to say "I agree!" or whatever.

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama

Yup, there are plenty of examples that can be found that show that OC has stopped crime. Thank you for posting this link to reinforce that point.

And just a reminder, there is an OPEN CARRY INGO EVENT tomorrow in Schererville at the Pit Stop Smoke Shop Cigar Lounge. Somehow I don't think the cigar shop will be robbed tomorrow night by gun toting gang bangers who are intent on grabbing some Newports from behind the counter :rolleyes:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    melensdad...I don't really need to cite anything, when I am only making my own opinion on what is preferential for my own person.

I am not making an argument, of which this sounds like you are doing.

bdj357

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jun 13, 2008
    DaRegion NWI Crown Point

Just one example please.

Let me explain something to you...
    I DO NOT HAVE AN EXAMPLE BECAUSE I SAID...
    If I was a criminal (and murderer) that is what "I" would do.

If I was a willing to risk my life to rob a place and had no moral in regards to human life, it wouldn't be a hard stretch to kill someone for money (that has happened I am pretty sure). So if I am in that mindset, would I shoot the mother w/ the child in her arms, or the guy with a gun on his hip? DUH DUH DUH...the guy with the gun. That my friend is Tactically sound no matter if you are a criminal or not...take out the greatest threat first.

If you want any examples...GOOGLE, check I don't know if there is, and I don't care. That is why it is my opinion.

I hope I didn't offend...just trying to clarify with as few of words as possible.

45acp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Carmel
    I'm glad to hear Indiana has OC, however, I have a permit and CC but it's nice to know that I don't have to be concerned if it prints through which has always been a concern.

acetylcholine

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    My :twocents:: About 3-4 weeks ago, when i was doing the paperwork for my permit, I was confused about concealed carry and what indiana allowed. I called the state firearms office (or whatever the heck its called) and the very nice lady that I asked for clarification said:

"Indiana allows you to carry open or concealed, however we suggest you carry concealed if you do carry, so as not to cause alarm to the public" or some such paraphrasing. That was from the state's mouth.

neraph

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 7, 2009
    I have a slightly different question:

In Indiana, you can carry a rifle, shotgun, or AOW open or 'concealed' (however much you can manage that) without a permit. True or False?

Top Bottom