• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I know they make a good product, but does anyone else here think HK could careless about us and our gun rights?

If HK hates us they would flood the market with junk and Saturday night specials. The main focus of their business is military and law enforcement but their dedication to quality and customer service trickles down to the civilian/individual market segment. I now own 3 HK products and have never had an issue with any of them. They are well made, function flawlessly and are very accurate. I have the HK45C, a USP Expert in .40 S&W and the USC Carbine in .45 acp.

The .40 Expert came with an interchangeable hammer assembly so you could swap it out for competition shooting. It had 4 different grips to choose from. The HK45C comes with different back-straps and components can be moved for lefties. Here's a quote from their product page for the HK45C: Well-suited for personal defense use, the HK45C is available in, or can be converted to, a wide variety of variants that use different trigger firing modes, including double action/single action (DA/SA) and DAO (double action only). The DAO mode uses the unique Heckler & Koch LEM (Law Enforcement Modification) firing system, providing an enhanced double action trigger pull.

They built the weapon for personal defense, but you can order it in variants for LEO or military requirements. When you tear down and clean an HK, it is obviously well designed and manufactured. If you do some research and know the product you are buying, then you can't blame the manufacturer if it isn't what you wanted.

Could you provide some examples of them not caring about us or our gun rights?

nkdninjafrog

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 10, 2012
    Muncie
    honestly it wouldn't surprise me if civilian customer service from HK wasn't that good. as far as I know, in Germany, the only people allowed to have guns are military, LE, and hunters, with a few exceptions in the civilian world based on necessity. and even worse, if you do have guns, you have to have a permit for each one O.o

01deuce

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    walkerton
    In my experience, yes.
    I had a HK USPc
    There was no trigger kit available for it, even though they had kits for the USP...
    Extra magazines were practically nonexistent...
    And very expensive...
    If you could find magazines, you couldn't get the ones with the flat base plate...
    And if you called HK to get a flat base plate (easy change out) they wouldn't even talk about it...

I sold it.

Now, to be fair, that was 5 or 6 years ago, so they may be doing better now.
    But, I don't care to try the waters a second time.

If by trigger kit do you mean match trigger?

The match trigger has never been offered for the compact, since well it's a compact. Not a match gun.

Top Bottom