• ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    361   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I don't care for the whole "put your number in the ad". It's $7/month. If you don't want to pay, don't cheat their system.

Armslist has way more knuckleheads than our classifieds section here, but you can usually figure them out pretty quickly at least.
    If I as a buyer respond via a published email or phone number, how am I cheating the system. Armslist requires a fee to list ads or reply via their site. They do not restrict contact info being in the ads.

Horsetrader

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 24, 2021
    Northern indiana
    I look at it to check prices, but lately it seems armslist is wanting to make a membership fee monthly their priority. And it’s hard to make contact with the seller compared to the past. Since the update of their system I’m loosing interest in that site

Dono12b

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I look at it to check prices, but lately it seems armslist is wanting to make a membership fee monthly their priority. And it’s hard to make contact with the seller compared to the past. Since the update of their system I’m loosing interest in that site
    I paid for a month like a goof ball but oh well it’s All good I’m having some fun and I helped a guy I mutually know find his rifle. So all in all I feel the $6.99 for one month was worth it my subscription is up in two days.

bsmithg19

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2020
    Blackford County
    I used to think Armslist was comical, but now it's hilarious! It's a bunch of scammers trying to scam scammers since most of the real people are gone. I still list parts on there since I had to pay for an account to be able to email a guy about buying a slide. I've found if I don't at least put my email in the listing you're not likely to get a reply because no one wants to pay for it. Not sure people want to pay to sub for access to $120 bricks of 22 and $1000 cases of 9mm. I'll likely let my subscription expire.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I don't even look there anymore.
    Used it with great success for a few years, scams increased as well as people being robbed at gun point.
    Once more posts started showing up with people being robbed, and of course a fee for overpriced goods.
    I quit wasting my time....

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    Haven't visited the site since they introduced their pay-to-play feature. Honestly though, I hadn't found much value in Armslist since 2019, when I last purchased something. Fairly regular searches barely ever resulted in success, and one day I realized I simply wasn't that desperately in need of anything to justify all the effort it takes to wade through scammers, neckbeards, and tire kickers.

I wonder if all those guys on there with leaky jon boats to trade for your guns ever found what they were looking for.

HCALREF

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 2, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I have used it for years. Made several good buys, sells, and trades. Last couple years there have been too many dishonest people and no shows. Dont use it anymore, period.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I've used it a bit since they went premium. I picked up my new (to me) 1866 Chassepot that I just posted about over in the Long Guns section. That deal went just fine.

On the other hand, the scam ads are still there somehow (not sure how unless the scammers are paying for the premium accounts) and people are still pretty ambivalent about replying to inquiries about their ads. The latter is what I've never understood. Why bother posting if you aren't planning on replying to people wanting to buy your stuff?

xxxleafybugxxx1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2021
    Indiana
    Just curious does anyone use armslist anymore or have we all mostly switched to IGO? I’ve tried making an account there with no luck I think the feature is down, a gentleman had a couple 80% lowers for sale and boy I wish he had his phone number in the ad right about now. Lol
    I went to check it out the other day, but I didn't go very far because of the fee they are charging now..

chibicascade

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I got a really nice Ruger Mark II from a guy on there, but I also got burned on a PPK/s with a faulty safety. It's hit and miss, but I've had decent luck. The pay to play feature is a real turn off for me though.

Top Bottom