• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dono12b

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Just curious does anyone use armslist anymore or have we all mostly switched to IGO? I’ve tried making an account there with no luck I think the feature is down, a gentleman had a couple 80% lowers for sale and boy I wish he had his phone number in the ad right about now. Lol

2A-Hoosier23

ammo fiend
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Sep 16, 2018
    Lawrence
    I only browse armslist when I want a quick laugh.

In all seriousness I've messaged some Armslist sellers when I found something interesting and every single time they didn't reply, or they did reply but changed the terms of sale, or they agreed to meet then didnt show up, or the item was already sold. :dunno:

But I know some people who have used it successfully and continue to do so. And if i found something on Armslist that I liked I wouldn't hesitate to contact them if they had a phone number or email in the listing. I just don't go on there too often nowadays.

Best of luck finding what you want... Aero precision restocks their website somewhat regularly with complete lowers, but if it's just 80% lowers you're after I'm not sure where to reliably find those

Dono12b

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I only browse armslist when I want a quick laugh.

In all seriousness I've messaged some Armslist sellers when I found something interesting and every single time they didn't reply, or they did reply but changed the terms of sale, or they agreed to meet then didnt show up, or the item was already sold. :dunno:

But I know some people who have used it successfully and continue to do so. And if i found something on Armslist that I liked I wouldn't hesitate to contact them if they had a phone number or email in the listing. I just don't go on there too often nowadays.

Best of luck finding what you want... Aero precision restocks their website somewhat regularly with complete lowers, but if it's just 80% lowers you're after I'm not sure where to reliably find those
    I found a pistol upper complete for $360 guy had his # in the ad texted him and picked it up later that day lol. But now that there’s something I want the person doesn’t have their number in the ad and every option I try to create an account with just doesn’t work it takes me to the home page lol. I’m almost past my green stage on here to be able to use the classifieds here. Thanks buddy.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Between the pay for play and the outrageous prices I haven't been bothering too look at it much anymore.

Huzrjim

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Monroe County
    I've found Armslist to be hit or miss. I've had an account for years, so no issue there, but I agree that getting a response is a 50/50 proposition at best. I have bought a few decent firearms on there, but none within the past year.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Just curious does anyone use armslist anymore or have we all mostly switched to IGO? I’ve tried making an account there with no luck I think the feature is down, a gentleman had a couple 80% lowers for sale and boy I wish he had his phone number in the ad right about now. Lol
    I tried to sign up for something I was interested in but couldn't get it to work as well.

B40B

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 29, 2020
    Valparaiso
    I continue to use it with some success. I have had much less success since they instituted the new policies, but all in all still can find some good items here and there.

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    Quit checking it about 2 months ago.
    Items usually way overpriced (current conditions) I know, but some of those guys have taken it to a different level.
    Before it was pay to play I had done several deals, both buying and selling and never had an issue.

Before they switched, though I would read more and more accounts of guys showing up to a deal to be robbed at gunpoint.
    Very nice thing about INGO is the feedback feature and the forum so you have an idea of who you are dealing with.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I've never used it. I browse classifieds here every now and then, as well as gunbroker. Mainly right now just looking for spare ammo people have. GB is a joke right now. Since it's an auction prices get crazy fast. Good for the guys selling there.

breakingcontact

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Mar 7, 2018
    Southern Indiana
    I don't care for the whole "put your number in the ad". It's $7/month. If you don't want to pay, don't cheat their system.

Armslist has way more knuckleheads than our classifieds section here, but you can usually figure them out pretty quickly at least.

Dono12b

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    Indianapolis
    How did this end up in the Politics forum? :scratch:
    Because the OP didn’t think it belonged in general firearms discussion considering we are not discussing any actual firearms. considered it more of a political issue considering they are another firearms website on the Internet that is local to Indiana to use, and I was trying to use it without stepping on any INGO admins toes. *still a new guy here not sure exactly how it works figuring it out.

Dono12b

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I don't care for the whole "put your number in the ad". It's $7/month. If you don't want to pay, don't cheat their system.

Armslist has way more knuckleheads than our classifieds section here, but you can usually figure them out pretty quickly at least.
    I’m not saying that they should do it but for an instance like this or someone wants to use it but don’t doesn’t necessarily want to make an account it would be helpful or an email just saw the consumer he doesn’t feel helpless because they cannot contact the individual or company.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Because the OP didn’t think it belonged in general firearms discussion considering we are not discussing any actual firearms. considered it more of a political issue considering they are another firearms website on the Internet that is local to Indiana to use, and I was trying to use it without stepping on any INGO admins toes. *still a new guy here not sure exactly how it works figuring it out.
    First, welcome to INGO! I honestly just thought it might have been a mistake (General Politics vs. General Firearms - it could happen). There was also already a thread about it in General Firearms (see Tyler's post #9 above). No worries! :)

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Same can be said about the runners or those only here to hit 50 and never seen again outside the classys. The least they could is pony up the 20 a year.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GetLow16
    Top Bottom