Does anyone know why the viewers of the NBA finals are so low???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MCINDIANA

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 23, 2016
    Michigan City
    It seems like most of the sports writers and commentators cannot understand why people are not watching the NBA finals with the low amount of viewers. They can find every excuse except the real reason. They would have to pay me to watch.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    It seems like most of the sports writers and commentators cannot understand why people are not watching the NBA finals with the low amount of viewers. They can find every excuse except the real reason. They would have to pay me to watch.

And us as well.

If I want to watch a group of loud mouth thugs beating on each other I know a few places they gather.
    I understand the NBA is finally seeing that those with white privilege's are the ticket buyers by a huge margin. Same ones that are not tuning in.

If they shriveled up and faded away no real lose save for all the support people and businesses that rely on the crowds.

But wait, there are no crowds.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Mark Cuban tried the excuse that people are illegally streaming games so it reflects on viewership.

Uh, this is 2020, not 2000. We’ve been streaming for 10 years now. It isn’t new. They were streaming just as much in 2019 as they are in 2020. With that big of a percentage lost, someone like him should know it isn’t from streaming. I haven’t watched a single highlight all year. Same with nascar and nfl, not a single second has went to anything they do now.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Mark Cuban tried the excuse that people are illegally streaming games so it reflects on viewership.

Uh, this is 2020, not 2000. We’ve been streaming for 10 years now. It isn’t new. They were streaming just as much in 2019 as they are in 2020. With that big of a percentage lost, someone like him should know it isn’t from streaming. I haven’t watched a single highlight all year. Same with nascar and nfl, not a single second has went to anything they do now.

When I am scanning the channels and know the games/races etc are on I skip over them. Not even a blink of a rating. NADA.

Play the games and drive the cars people.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    This is the first time that the NBA finals have gone up against the NFL and the MLB postseason. Lots of sports fans typically watch all three of those, but now people have to choose.

There's probably something to people being turned off by the politics of players, but that's really not any newer than the pirate streaming.

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy

To be fair, NASCAR was in self-destruct mode long before they got woke. I could go on, but it just makes me sad to think about it. :(

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    toon.png

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    Ever since Dale left this Mortal plan and those idiotic Morons hung the car of tomorrow on us yes. They have been in a death spiral.

For my wife, NASCAR died with Dale.

NASCAR was a family event for us. It was a great time when we'd watch it together, my kids being young and having their favorite drivers, and napping next to me on the couch when we watched it. You probably have a few Lego pieces of Jeff Gordon's cars from when my second-oldest was young. ;)

The one-size-fits-all template is what really killed it for me. No more "win on Sunday, sell on Monday". They eliminated the manufacturers and models from the race. How can you argue Chevy vs. Ford when they fit the same template? :): Might as well have just called it IROC at that point.

Don't get me wrong, I liked IROC for what it was, but I didn't want NASCAR to turn into IROC.

Ok, you've got me started on this, and I'm going to try to stop now.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    This is the first time that the NBA finals have gone up against the NFL and the MLB postseason. Lots of sports fans typically watch all three of those, but now people have to choose.

There's probably something to people being turned off by the politics of players, but that's really not any newer than the pirate streaming.
    Ya, except NBA plays in the middle of the week a lot of times, and the only other sport that does it MLB... and believe me, as a lifelong baseball fan, baseball ratings aren’t close to NBA finals. World Series is different of course, but regular season baseball doesn’t do well

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Obviously it's largely due to social justice nonsense, but don't overlook the fact that NBA basketball just plain suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

:flamethrower: Flame away.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    For my wife, NASCAR died with Dale.

NASCAR was a family event for us. It was a great time when we'd watch it together, my kids being young and having their favorite drivers, and napping next to me on the couch when we watched it. You probably have a few Lego pieces of Jeff Gordon's cars from when my second-oldest was young. ;)

The one-size-fits-all template is what really killed it for me. No more "win on Sunday, sell on Monday". They eliminated the manufacturers and models from the race. How can you argue Chevy vs. Ford when they fit the same template? :): Might as well have just called it IROC at that point.

Don't get me wrong, I liked IROC for what it was, but I didn't want NASCAR to turn into IROC.

Ok, you've got me started on this, and I'm going to try to stop now.

Like we discussed in our short visit I am and was deeply entrenched in racing at all levels. To explain how deeply you may or may not believe me but I know Rick Hendrick and many that are still in the game. Dont see them much these days but when NAPCAR is in town we touch base if possible.
    So yes, we were "Huge" fans and when I saw Dale pound the wall CKW and myself did not breath for some time. We knew it was bad.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Obviously it's largely due to social justice nonsense, but don't overlook the fact that NBA basketball just plain suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuucks.

:flamethrower: Flame away.

Like I said up thread......a group of thugs beating on each other. Period.
    And a foul tempered group of thugs at that.

Yes there are a few very benevolent members of that group but man they have screwed that game up.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Ya last time I watched they don’t call travels, barely touch someone it’s a foul, and it was a 3 point contest. Nobody got down in the paint and plaid hard nose basketball, it was all outside shots and walking up and down the court. Haven’t watched in years. NBA sucks. NFL I love, but haven’t seen a second of it. That one hurt a little, but no thanks.

CampingJosh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 16, 2010
    Ya, except NBA plays in the middle of the week a lot of times, and the only other sport that does it MLB... and believe me, as a lifelong baseball fan, baseball ratings aren’t close to NBA finals. World Series is different of course, but regular season baseball doesn’t do well

The NBA finals weren't going up against regular season baseball; they were going against postseason baseball, which draws a lot more viewers.

"Lots of times" is a weird way to talk about four games so far in the finals. One of those games went against an NFL game for the first time ever. The other three each went against multiple baseball playoff games.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    The NBA finals weren't going up against regular season baseball; they were going against postseason baseball, which draws a lot more viewers.

"Lots of times" is a weird way to talk about four games so far in the finals. One of those games went against an NFL game for the first time ever. The other three each went against multiple baseball playoff games.

Well if that is the case it is just more evidence how badly they have ****ed up the game.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville

Then why did nba announce they’re not allowing political messages next year? I think they have more statisticians to review that than we do, I’m sure they know the main reason is the SJW bs.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Then why did nba announce they’re not allowing political messages next year? I think they have more statisticians to review that than we do, I’m sure they know the main reason is the SJW bs.
    Which should **** off the left, because it shows they really didn’t support their message that much the begin with if they’re so quick to go back on it because of ratings

Top Bottom