Does anyone know why the viewers of the NBA finals are so low???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • deingy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Centerville
    If it isn't in the scriptures already it should be. "LET THE SPOILED WATCH THE SPOILED".
    It seems like most of the sports writers and commentators cannot understand why people are not watching the NBA finals with the low amount of viewers. They can find every excuse except the real reason. They would have to pay me to watch.

AtTheMurph

SHOOTER
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    I know it sounds counter intuitive, but the ads are not the deal, same with CNN and others, it's the guaranteed money that comes monthly for carriage fees. You pay your cable co, they pay ESPN $8 every month. At the peak they had 99 million subscribers they still have 85 million subscribers. They get $680 million a month, over 8 billion a year just from you through cable companies. If one has cable, they are paying even if they don't watch...

Not a single penny of that is related to selling ads, that is just icing on the cake...

In the end it is all about ads.

But what will be happening as we go forward (I think) is that there is going to be a decoupling of content and streaming. It's all going to be ala carte. You pay say, $25/mo for some streaming service. Then if you want to watch a game, you pay X or you want to watch some series or movie, you pay Y.

Amazon, Netflix, HULU, etc are all going to end up doing this sort of thing when the NFL/ figures out that selling exclusive rights isn't going to keep working.

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    In the end it is all about ads.

But what will be happening as we go forward (I think) is that there is going to be a decoupling of content and streaming. It's all going to be ala carte. You pay say, $25/mo for some streaming service. Then if you want to watch a game, you pay X or you want to watch some series or movie, you pay Y.

Amazon, Netflix, HULU, etc are all going to end up doing this sort of thing when the NFL/ figures out that selling exclusive rights isn't going to keep working.

It is not about ads! How many times do I have to explain carriage fees? Carriage fees are the real money! Just to use CNN as an example, do you think they run on catheter and hearing aid ads? No way! They run on cable carriage fees. So does ESPN, that is where the billions they pay leagues comes from, not the ads, many of which are sold by the local cable co, not ESPN...

Top Bottom