Does anyone know why the viewers of the NBA finals are so low???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Essentially, all those players made themselves look like fools. They caused division when sports should unite, league says they have their full support, they plummeted ratings, and their league says “ok never mind, no more next year”

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Why is viewship down? Obviously because of Covid. Yeah, yeah, yeah some people would like you to believe it’s because of SJW stuff, but that simply isn’t true. Across all sports, this season is just a mulligan.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Why is viewship down? Obviously because of Covid. Yeah, yeah, yeah some people would like you to believe it’s because of SJW stuff, but that simply isn’t true. Across all sports, this season is just a mulligan.

If you are captive in your house sports would be a great way to pass some time away. If it were really just about sports.

Come on man. People are fed up with all this SJW crap.

Play the damned game you are paid so highly to play. Leave your politics on the team bus.

Its really that simple. Honestly.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I agree with cm. Not only are we stuck more at home, the new TV shows haven’t started up yet either. I would have loved to watch baseball or football, but I don’t. I don’t even check in to see the score as I don’t want them to somehow get a viewer added to their numbers.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    I can honestly say that I don't even know who is playing in the NBA finals, switched off ESPN too when they became woke.

The one aspect that COVID has played in it all is making me realize how little I actually missed sports, so when they added politics to it that was the last straw for me.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    If you are captive in your house sports would be a great way to pass some time away. If it were really just about sports.

Play the damned game you are paid so highly to play. Leave your politics on the team bus.

Yep. I'm another one not watching sports anymore this year because of it. Sports is supposed to be entertainment, not a political lecture. Just like Hollywood, they are dead to me while they try to tell me how I should think and live.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County

Churchmouse, ^^^^ this ^^^^ a thousand times over this! I used to enjoy watching a little basketball, and I still like watching some college sports. I am however; just almost completely over any desire to watch any pro sports.

If I went to work and made a show and was disruptive proselytizing about the need to restore a constitutionalist focused government, and railing against the communists in our country I would be quickly unemployed.

I am completely over listening to whining multimillionaires who's very opportunity and current financial situation is entirely due to the very nation they denigrate. It would not bother me in the least for all of the primary professional leagues to simply go bankrupt. Get woke go broke! Reap what you sow.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Essentially, all those players made themselves look like fools. They caused division when sports should unite, league says they have their full support, they plummeted ratings, and their league says “ok never mind, no more next year”

Sports, since 1934, have been politicalized. We all know it, we just don’t all recognize it, unless we find the politics offensive to us.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

You come from that jaded segment that had decided not to watch long before the pandemic broke. A big draw for sports is pageantry and atmosphere. That stuff is essentially gone. I LOVE college football, and admittedly (and don’t make fun of me) professional wrestling. I’ve watched little to none of either. Vince McMahon is letting the SWJ stuff in the WWF (I refuse to say E), why do you think wrestling is suffering also?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You come from that jaded segment that had decided not to watch long before the pandemic broke. A big draw for sports is pageantry and atmosphere. That stuff is essentially gone. I LOVE college football, and admittedly (and don’t make fun of me) professional wrestling. I’ve watched little to none of either. Vince McMahon is letting the SWJ stuff in the WWF (I refuse to say E), why do you think wrestling is suffering also?

Thread hijack... At my previous job there were a couple of ladies in the office that didn't get along with each other. They were both rather "large" women. We used to refer to them as the WWF... Wide Women Fighting. :):

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Sports, since 1934, have been politicalized. We all know it, we just don’t all recognize it, unless we find the politics offensive to us.
    Seldom is it as in your face as it is now. Admittedly I've only been watching since the 70s, but I do not remember a time when politics was so in your face from sports. I don't give a :poop: what an athlete thinks about any social issue. Just like I don't care what any other celebrity thinks. They are welcome to have whatever view they want and to express it all they want when outside the workplace, but keep it there. Sports is an escape. I don't want to be preached to while watching it. When the teams started joining in, that did it for me.

There is little pageantry in watching sports on TV.

Wrestling? Redneck soap opera.

If they are letting that crap in, they are going to alienate their traditional audiences while not gaining anything in the new one.

Why did you stop?

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN

This year should have been a massive ratings boost for professional sports. People still working from home, unable to leave the house for many social activities they enjoyed previously, and for those people finding themselves in tighter financial circumstances, less money to spend on other hobbies, the ratings should be through the roof. Instead they are in the toilet.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

covid interferes with tv signals? Weird.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    covid interferes with tv signals? Weird.
    That's unpossible. We know COVID is repulsed by displays of social justice, why else would mass protests not be a concern for spreading the disease, but Trump's rallies are a concern. Maybe these sports just weren't sincere enough in their beliefs, and have to try harder. Maybe at 1/2 time they can broadcast some struggle sessions.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    It seems like most of the sports writers and commentators cannot understand why people are not watching the NBA finals with the low amount of viewers. They can find every excuse except the real reason. They would have to pay me to watch.

The NBA is still a thing?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

That was the draw. The pageantry. Political.......no. Paying homage to the flag of this nation is patriotic. To me that is removed from the political insanity of the day. It is standing for something. The flag. To me that is not supporting a political party. It is how I was raised. There is nothing right left or indifferent as I see it. And how millions of other are seeing it as well. You crap on my flag and I will no longer support you. Dumbass. That is the message we are sending back to the non-essential highly over paid golden boys. Leave your politics on the bus. When the anthem is played it is about us as a nation. Not them as a group of disrespectful petulant children. Any one of them could take this in front of the cameras in the streets with just a little effort. And the Cameras would be there. Personal effort on your own time but nope, they waste ours.

I really am part of a segment Kut. I really am. A group of bat**** crazy people that will rally to your side to protect and defend your rights to think and do as you see fit inside the confines of social behavior standards. At all costs. So we are jaded. Possibly. Jaded to the fact that certain groups (not skin color....most of these nuts are white :() can loot burn impugn and harm with out consequence. And those ass hats in sports support them.

I have some star athletes in the family. Full ride scholarships and smash mouth football players so yes we love the non-pro level.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    Professional Sports have failed to realize they served as an escape for many who lead a mundane work life however many days a week. The refuge previously offered has disappeared with recent advancement of controversial cause.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Professional Sports have failed to realize they served as an escape for many who lead a mundane work life however many days a week. The refuge previously offered has disappeared with recent advancement of controversial cause.

Professional sports forgot that they are simply entertainment and thought they were something more. They are not.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

You understand it, as testament to the part I bolded. If it's not controversial to you, it's ok. Think (concerning past generations) Max Schmelling Vs Joe Louis; not controversial.... Jackie Robinson entering MLB; controversial. The escape you mentioned, is only valid when you agree with the politics you're being exposed to. People are never upset when their social structures or beliefs are given a platform...NEVER; but when an opposing view is, then it's "Why is this team forcing this SWJ crap down my throat? I just want to some time to relax, and watch the game!"

Top Bottom