• ...and so much more!
  • Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    151   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    We often talk about printing, etc. what the tell tale signs are of a carrier, beyond scratching his balls and grunting. But do you look? I've made it a habit to look and see, everywhere I go to know who's carrying or not ("try to")Yesterday, I noticed a cop in plain clothes, with a 1/4" of leather sticking out by his suit coat. I asked him if he preferred shoulder carry. He was startled almost! He said "yes, it's better for my back". We had a short interaction and a good one, ironically peeing together in the bathroom LATER ON. lol. Do you observe your surrounding people? Do you know who is armed and who is not?

edit!!! I just reread my post after comments. LATER ON. The interaction happened OUTSIDE the restroom. Ha

Last edited:

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I do check sometimes...never in a restroom...but I people-watch and that's one of the things I'll look for. A weekend or two ago, we were at the Outback in Bloomington and a family sat down at the table next to us. The dad was CC but the chair backs are just low enough to interfere with the grip of a holstered gun--he was having the same problem I was--it caused severe printing of his gun.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Being situationally aware is part of what we do. OCers I notice (most people are looking at their I-Phone/Android device and do not pay attention to ANYTHING!) but that's easy. Printing and holsters below the shirt/jacket are noticeable. I look more for the "untucked shirt 2 sizes too big guys". He, that's me!

Yup!

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 7, 2011
    I don't specifically look for guns, but when I walk into a room, I do look at everyone in there to take an inventory of sorts.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Being situationally aware is part of what we do. OCers I notice (most people are looking at their I-Phone/Android device and do not pay attention to ANYTHING!) but that's easy. Printing and holsters below the shirt/jacket are noticeable. I look more for the "untucked shirt 2 sizes too big guys". He, that's me!
    YES, me too !!!!! I just think that is part of SA .....

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I do look for other people carrying. I spotted a guy standing at the bar in a restaurant once and it was printing through his shirt. Have only seen a couple other folks OCing.

WebSnyper

Maximum Effort
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    We often talk about printing, etc. what the tell tale signs are of a carrier, beyond scratching his balls and grunting. But do you look? I've made it a habit to look and see, everywhere I go to know who's carrying or not ("try to")Yesterday, I noticed a cop in plain clothes, with a 1/4" of leather sticking out by his suit coat. I asked him if he preferred shoulder carry. He was startled almost! He said "yes, it's better for my back". We had a short interaction and a good one, ironically peeing together in the bathroom. lol. Do you observe your surrounding people? Do you know who is armed and who is not?

I look for it, but would never call someone out on it. It's their business, until I see something that makes it my business.

Agreed, situational awareness, for threat management.

I don't specifically look for guns, but when I walk into a room, I do look at everyone in there to take an inventory of sorts.

This as well.

I just assume everyone is carrying.

Sadly, we know that is not true.

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    We watch all the time. It's a game we call "Red Jacket" after Sons of Guns show a few years back.

For those that don't watch, you might be surprised where and how often you can ID a CC. OCs are excluded because, well, it's obvious.

USMC-Johnson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    Its less about who is carrying or not but who is most likely to present a threat,where that threat will come from, and how to prioritize incoming threats.

The guy carrying in the isle next to you doesn't matter if the person walking through the door has a crow bar 6 feet away. Yes the guy with the gun presents more danger but not more immediate danger.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I seldom see anyone carrying CC or OC in Wayne Co. Although I did have a tow truck driver show me his after he noticed mine. :)

Top Bottom