Do you hold grudges, or are you a forgive-and-forget person?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    I hold grudges but do not let them be debilitating to me. Screw me or those I love over and I will never forget. Not wasting my energy actively seeking revenge but if the opportunity to assist Karma along the way pops up I will take advantage of it.

Generally you just become “invisible” to me and no longer exist in my life.

There is a short list of “never forget” people who I would not even tap my brakes for if they stepped out in front of me in the street. One moron just got added to that list this year.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I hold grudges but do not let them be debilitating to me. Screw me or those I love over and I will never forget. Not wasting my energy actively seeking revenge but if the opportunity to assist Karma along the way pops up I will take advantage of it.

Generally you just become “invisible” to me and no longer exist in my life.

There is a short list of “never forget” people who I would not even tap my brakes for if they stepped out in front of me in the street. One moron just got added to that list this year.
    Thats the approach I take, I'm not actively seeking to destroy his life, he will do that on his own but when it happens, I will spit on him while he's down

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Coming back to this thread, there is wisdom in forgiving your enemies, but remembering the b******'s name.

4651feeder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 21, 2016
    East of NWI
    There is a balance to be found in everyone with regard to grudge; I don't believe it necessary to offer complete forgiveness for all.

What deterrent will evil realize if not for punishment.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    There is a balance to be found in everyone with regard to grudge; I don't believe it necessary to offer complete forgiveness for all.

What deterrent will evil realize if not for punishment.
    I agree with that. One way I'm helping karma along is me and my wife are helping his ex wife take custody of her son.. this dirt bag cheated on her and she divorced him over it but she had been controlled her whole life by him and just did what he said in the divorce.. now she's with a smart guy that has opened her eyes, she is ready to fight and I have alot of damming information on him including heavy drug use. Then there is what he did to my autistic son.. my wife and myself are going help take this dirt ball down. We will let karma and the courts do it, we will just help them with the ammo to do it

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    I've had people try to take my livelihood away. I survived but won't forget. Karma has already stepped in on some. Most of my issues have been people in the workplace trying to screw me. As far as others who have or tried to screw me, I avoid them. Life is too short. I have tried to give everyone a fair shake.

Also, I do my best to see problems coming and avoid them.

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    I've had people try to take my livelihood away. I survived but won't forget. Karma has already stepped in on some. Most of my issues have been people in the workplace trying to screw me. As far as others who have or tried to screw me, I avoid them. Life is too short. I have tried to give everyone a fair shake.

Also, I do my best to see problems coming and avoid them.
    Yeah, I should have known this dude was a bag of di$ks, all the signs were there, the fact he cheated on his wife and bragged to me about how he got her to go along with his plans in the divorce and he actually laughed at how he was screwing her over and she was to stupid to know she could have had half of everything and custody, the fact he's army reserves and other things he's done breaks his oath and what he did to my son is just sickening
    I avoid him now, well actually he avoids me because he is a coward and I have no doubt karma will get him and i will.be happy to help karma along when I have legal avenues to do it.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Do those who say they would hold a significant Grudge, what do you gain from doing so?

chocktaw2

Home on the Range
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 5, 2011
    Mayberry
    There used to be a member on the forum, user name Skull Daddy. He had a very good saying " Everybody gets One Chance ".

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Do those who say they would hold a significant Grudge, what do you gain from doing so?
    Its a lesson in not forgetting red flags in a person.. there a specific behaviors as ive learned that are like tells.. if you identify them you know. Holding a grudge and not forgetting is the best reminder of those things to look out for

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    It depends on the situation. Totally.

QFT

I'm sorta like Teflon, but if you raise the temp up enough to scorch the Teflon, it can last for a LONG time. My current streak is a mere 40 years. Caught him stealing the stereo out of my 68 Mustang in High School,
    and to this day he avoids me like the plague.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    I forgive easily. I do my best not to allow another person to hold me hostage.

We just finished a series at church titled "The Bait of Satan" which was based on a book "Bait of Satan" by John Bevere. We had the series and I read the book and lead a Life Group about it. I have a ways to go, but it is very helpful to realize how much we give in to satan's trap; and in doing so, we keep ourselves in bondage.

I'm on the daily growth track of life. Sanctification is a life long process.

Top Bottom