Do you hold grudges, or are you a forgive-and-forget person?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    LOL! Well, I don't carry grudges, but then again, I usually just don't care.

As I get older my list is taking care of itself. They are dropping like fly's and I was no where near. Karma is a serious lady.
    What was maybe 10 is now at 2.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    My family is mostly british/irish with some German in the mix.
    Now there's a dangerous mix of thran-ness and stubbornness. In our household we split that, my wife is of German descent, so she gets the stubbornness. I'm Irish so I cover the thran-ness :):

Sigblaster

Soon...
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indy
    To get back on topic, most of my and my wife's family is . Except for our parents, they've all gotten on the bad list. Our parents are really good, but the rest are . It's weird. The thing is, even when you tell them about the crappy things they've done, they don't care. They dismiss you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Madmax

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 19, 2009
    Indy Southeast
    I hold a grudge but also believe that what goes around comes around. You wait for someone's stupidity to work against them w/o a person wronged even becoming directly involved.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Treat me like **** or screw me over... I’ll be civil but don’t call me to pull you out of the ditch you find yourself in, I’ll drive by and wave. Figuratively and literally.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I don't sit around thinking about the people that have done an injustice to me or mine but I will never forget. Of course when karma does strike down on those on my list I do get a nice smile. I am like churchmouse in that my list is growing short, at 74 the years have taken down most people on my shortening list. I am also sure I am on some peoples list myself, don't care I plan to outlive them also. When you really think about things, anyone my age that does not have any enemies must have lived a boring and sheltered life. My life has been neither of these. Jim.

dprimm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Just West of Indianapolis
    I try hard to not hold grudges. Too much negative energy in my past - I fight hard enough daily to keep it out of my mind and my life. That said, there are some people that I wouldn't have pi$$ed on if they were on fire that I still don't care enough about to see if my view has changed.

There are a select few in my life that I really care about their opinion of me or my actions.

As I said, too much negative energy in my history that I fight daily to keep away. I don't encourage it.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    As I said, too much negative energy in my history that I fight daily to keep away. I don't encourage it.

Pretty much this. There are plenty of people who have earned themselves an exit from my life, but I try not to pick at those scabs too often. No point in it.

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    ...snip...

How about you? Grudge holder, or forgive-and-forgetter? Somewhere in the middle? Forgive but never forget?

I have never seen where holding a grudge is good for me. I have also never seen or heard where I was to forget all wrongs. I must forgive those who harm me, and not wish them wrong or seek payback. That is just good living.

Forgetting? Wouldn't that be the same as using your pinky toe to locate the edge of the dresser, and then forgetting what you just learned the next night? Being proactive to prevent hurt/loss is not the same as holding a grudge. YMMV.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am generally a move on and get over it kind of guy. But depending on the incident, that might not be the case.
    In the example given, if someone just lost a loved one, I would assume they did it out of the shock and grief rather than some personal slight toward me.

flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    Mostly, I just cut them out of my life and move on. There are a few people that I have no choice but to be as pleasant as possible and walk away due them being bosses. I remember what they have done and try to always remember that they ARE out to get me. There is one person, who only left when I got EEOC involved. If he got hit by a dump truck I'd tip the driver.
    Outside of work it's much easier as I'm not forced to be around anybody if I don't want to. Like Churchmouse, TIME seems to be taking care of most.

Bob

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    It really depends on the situation.. good example is a issue im having with my neighbor, I will never forgive him or forget. When you mess with blood, all bets are off

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    It really depends on the situation.. good example is a issue im having with my neighbor, I will never forgive him or forget. When you mess with blood, all bets are off

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I had issues with several of my previous neighbors and have gone out of my way to not know anything about my current neighbors. I'd actually prefer the Mayberry approach where everybody is besties, but it just isn't worth the risk or hassle. It only takes one neighbor that has a beef to completely ruin your life. I'll pass.

Top Bottom