• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    My permit expires late next summer. I will renew to the lifetime permit. Do I have to wait till then to do this?

Would hate for them to get rid of it before I got one.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    There is no reliable source indicating that the lifetime option will be pulled.

And to answer your question: Sadly, you do have to wait. Its either 180 or 90 days before the expiration date. Someone else knows without looking it up, I am sure. I already have the lifetime so I don't care to check it again.

Good luck,
    Josh

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.
    (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins one hundred eighty (180) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.190-2006, SEC.4.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    IC 35-47-2-6
    Granting or rejecting initial application; renewals
    Sec. 6. (a) Every initial application for any license under this chapter shall be granted or rejected within sixty (60) days after the application is filed.
    (b) The period during which an application for the renewal of an existing license may be filed begins one hundred eighty (180) days before the expiration of the existing license. If the application for renewal of an existing license is filed within thirty (30) days of its expiration, the existing license is automatically extended until the application for renewal is passed upon.
    As added by P.L.311-1983, SEC.32. Amended by P.L.190-2006, SEC.4.

This is correct information.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, if that info is incorrect we got big issues :)

The Marion County Sheriffs office told me to hold on to my receipt. It would serve as my License until my new one came in. Unless the law has changed. I stand by my commit that it is true.

License are not renewed. It must be reapplied for each time. Now we have the Lifetime Permit.

Just to repeat. My license was still good at the time I reapplied.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    No disagreement there. Since it was found within the posted current code it would be hard for anyone to refute that it is correct information and, by that default, true.:)

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    My permit expires late next summer. I will renew to the lifetime permit. Do I have to wait till then to do this?

Would hate for them to get rid of it before I got one.

Mine expires 6/2010. I can file to renew it just before Christmas 2009.

408 days, 21 hrs, 17 min, 10 sec.....

but who's counting?

Blessings,
    B

Top Bottom