Do different generations have a stereotype firearm?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dante1983

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2021
    Is it a regional thing or is it even real? Just seems in my little corner of the world that there are certain brands or gun types that different age groups seem to carry. Guys in their 60’s.. 1911. 70’s, almost always a revolver. 50’s 1911 or sig, 40’s Glock, 30’s lotta shields and glocks, 20’s I actually don’t know. Is it just the ppl I know or is it pretty universal? Or am I wrong completely?

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've noticed they generally break down into three categories.

1. Those that do not have 1911s.
    2. Those that want 1911s.
    3. Those that have 1911s.

Folks move through the three stages as they progress in skill and wisdom.

You forgot one.

4. Those that tried 1911s, but they're lefties, so brass always ejected into their faces, which resulted in them giving up on pistols that need custom work right out of the box just to make them carryable.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You forgot one.

4. Those that tried 1911s, but they're lefties, so brass always ejected into their faces, which resulted in them giving up on pistols that need custom work right out of the box just to make them carryable.
    Don't other semi-autos eject out of the right side? Or do they make left-handed semi-autos like left-handed bolt guns?

Usmccookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 28, 2017
    nwi
    As technically a millennial, I will admit that a lot of my early and nostalgic taste in firearms comes from video games such as call of duty. I still appreciate some good steel and wood, but my influences are what they are. I can say that a large portion (majority?) of my age group have similar influences unless they come from a heavy gun family. (i did not)

I assume that different forms of media have similar effects on each generation. movies, and shows such as diehard, Miami vice, western flicks and what not.

just my :2cents: What do I know, I'm just a dumb millennial.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Don't other semi-autos eject out of the right side? Or do they make left-handed semi-autos like left-handed bolt guns?
    They do too, but the angle is different. My Beretta, Glock, HiPowers, CZ, none of them throw brass into my face. That was unique to all 4 of the 1911s I've owned over the years.

I'm sure a little ejector work would have taken care of it, but I can't get myself to get custom work done on a brand new pistol just to carry it.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    You forgot one.

Those are the guys for whom grenades were made!

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    They do too, but the angle is different. My Beretta, Glock, HiPowers, CZ, none of them throw brass into my face. That was unique to all 4 of the 1911s I've owned over the years.

I'm sure a little ejector work would have taken care of it, but I can't get myself to get custom work done on a brand new pistol just to carry it.

WTH? No gangsta grip?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Dhlawson
    Top Bottom