• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    In my experience, I haven't ever seen anyone walking around with any style of bag that I thought could have possibly held an AR with a 16" barrel in it, unless it was broken down. People who bother with bags, or backpacks, tend to want smaller ones, so a big one is gonna get noticed... At least it would by me, and most likely by law enforcement. If you have to stay away from the Law Tactical folder (and I think it's silly to) then maybe go for a 14.5" with a pin & welded muzzle device to keep it as short as possible, then carry it broke down. Me, I'll stick with my 10.5" SBR, or pistol, folded up nicely in a small bag.

And use a walker...
    I'm wanting to go SBR route but I've purposely avoided tax stamps and even FFLs over the last few years since we can do face to face transactions in Indiana and now the ATF has their permanent registry in place with the new rule changes.

As far as the pistol option I'm waiting to see what their new "rule" in August is going to be.

So I think a pin/welded 16" barrel is probably my only realistic option besides waiting til I see a BRN-180 for sale on here or getting an AK folder.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    I went with a Grey Ghost Apparition bag. I really like it and am glad I did.

What I did NOT know about prior is there actually is an alternative to the Law folder. My only gripe with the law is I've seen more than a few people have some kind of issue with it rendering their AR inoperable for one reason or another.

I can't find anyone with a problem with its sort of competitor (as far as for bag breakdown goes)

The Cry Havoc Tactical QRB.

It weighs about 4 ounces more but attaches on the front of your upper and unlike the Law will break down your rifle to a more manageable length of whatever your barrel length + muzzle device is / the lower.

So with a 16" barrel you can use a normal school bookbag or other discreet bag rather anything bigger.

The guy who owns the company has a video of an AR pistol with his device and law folder being able to fit inside a kids lunchbox.

The system is so good and holds such a repeatable zero the Air Force uses it in their rifle setup pilots have under their ejection seat packs now.

If only I saw this before my last 2 builds. Now I need to add one to one of the rifles. No need for P/W or any cutting barrels.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    That is a pretty nice looking set-up.

I have an off brand Law folder on a pistol I have been trying to make my truck gun. It has a little wiggle unfortunately.

I just got a tennis racket case to make it more discreet. Unfortunately it is so wide when folded that it looks off for sure.

Can get it, barely, into a backpack. Guess I need to work with it some more to get a system in place that I like.

I really do like that QRB tho. At least from the promo vids I watched.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    I'm looking for a suitable violin or viola case that doesn't cost an arm and leg to convert for a 16" AR-15. I've got a folding stock AR pistol that could probably fit in a trumpet or coronet case.

John

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    . . .
    I have an off brand Law folder on a pistol I have been trying to make my truck gun. It has a little wiggle unfortunately.
    . . .
    Just built a 17 Design IFLR lower. The folding mechanism is built into it. Locks up very firmly. Has an adjustment jack screw under the handgrip that allows tightening the mating with the upper, if necessary. Waiting on the upper to mate with it - which will arrive tomorrow. Giessele 2-stage trigger. Nearly all the other parts are Aero Precision. My first build and it went together without any significant difficulty. Getting the hammer into the lower was a challenge with its spring and the circular hammer pin clip required for their 2-stage to retain the hammer pin. I'll post details on the build elsewhere in a few days when it's complete.

John

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    That sounds very interesting.

Congrats on your first build.

I will try and watch for your review on it, or drop me a PM with the link.

cp1149

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 27, 2022
    Bargersville
    I have a vertex bag. They're kind of pricey but work great and are fairly discreet. They are also designed for said application which is great.

Top Bottom