• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'd think one would have to be a pretty sensitive snowflake to find any of the wokeness on there bothersome. Yeah, there is a gay couple that are introduced a few seasons in and they're hilarious. Their wedding is a pretty good episode (and happens to be the first episode in what seems to be an increase in production value and directing ability) and they just add to the specific groups stereotyped in the show.
    No, they are normalizing and propagandizing you…

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    No, they are normalizing and propagandizing you…

To what? The fact that gay people exist? They've always existed. I have many friends that happen to be gay and have attended several of their weddings. I don't need the television to brainwash me into believing it's normal, especially since it is normal.

There are definitely some shows that push that agenda excessively, even for me. One of them is Star Trek Discovery. I can't think of any others that I've stopped watching for being a little excessive in the "woke" department, plus it's just not that good.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Discovery+:
    - Josh Gates has several good shows
    - Battlebots
    - There are a few Bigfoot shows my wife has enjoyed
    - Several fishing-related shows with Jeremy Wade
    - We mostly just stay away from the "lifestyle" and relationship parts of the service, and the rest if halfway decent. NO COMMERCIALS.

Hulu:
    - Alone (runs on History, and will get added to Discovery+ once the season ends)
    - Skinwalker Ranch
    - Oak Island, and the related shows (another History Channel thing)

I've been working my way thru Motortrend. That has spawned into some Youtube channels to follow Finnigan and others.

My kiddo has been hooked on Knight Rider (on Netflix).

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    Resurrecting a 2+ month old thread here, but wanted to make sure everyone knows about the black friday deals offered by a lot of these streaming services for new or returning subscribers. Hulu, peacock, paramount, hbomax, showtime, discovery, and a couple others all have cheap deals through 11/28. For a couple bucks each, you can get several of them for 3, 6, or 12 months. If already a subscriber, cancel and sign up with your spouse's name, email & CC.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    Paramount+ has some good original shows. I really liked Mayor of Kingstown. There is also a new show with Stallone that just came out called Tulsa King that looks like it might be good
    I watched the first episode of Tulsa king and it was pretty entertaining. Couldn’t get a good read on the show from just the first one, as it did a lot of set up for story lines, but what I saw was well done. I think it’s gonna be a good one.

Top Bottom