• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    It is a little off topic, but the brass cleaning and sorting, hopper filling, primers, and boxing take some of the reloading time no matter what press you use. Before I got married, I had a girlfriend that liked to shoot some and and was happy to help reload. She would take the brass out of the polisher, run it through the media separator, inspect and sort the brass. (or hulls) fill the primer tubes, and stack the complete loads in the proper boxes while I pretty much just kept pulling the handle. It did not matter if it was the 550B for pistols, or the MEC Grabber for 12 gauge, a couple evenings a month kept the ammo stocks up.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    This was a good sales "pitch" for a 55o Leo. Thanks? :) Though if I'm only ever going to load 9 mm would I give up anything by getting a Square Deal?

I will load some other cartridges but they would be low volume and I could do those on my single stage.

The SDB is basically tailor made to load 9mm. As mentioned proprietary dies and the small work space are drawbacks but those aren’t a big deal for a dedicated 9mm press. .45 ACP and .38 spl seemed to work the press hard but 9mm flowed out like water.

guardman7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    I own a 750, with casefeed because its "faster" but I wouldn't suggest going into any kind of reloading with "speed" at the front of your mind....

Top Bottom