• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldguyguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Cicero
    My son asked me to load some #6 28 ga shotshells for my grandson. Since I only needed a box and had no #6 shot, I just cut open some win and rem shells (20 ga 1 oz) to obtain enough shot. I noticed that the Remington shot was shiny and the Winchester was a dull grey. Anyone know why the difference? Process? Different mineral content?

Also since I poured them together they will be mixed in the finished shotshells. Will this effect performance ?

Any thoughts appreciated.

Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    Harder shot is more shiny. And some shot is graphited to flow better when loading. The remmington shot tower "from the rumors on the internet" has supposedly always produced a higher quality shot pellet. They wont fly any different, but will hit a little different if one is harder than the other.

What is he going after with #6 shot?

oldguyguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Cicero
    Harder shot is more shiny. And some shot is graphited to flow better when loading. The remmington shot tower "from the rumors on the internet" has supposedly always produced a higher quality shot pellet. They wont fly any different, but will hit a little different if one is harder than the other.

What is he going after with #6 shot?
    Squirrel. Thanks to all for comments. Fun to learn.

Top Bottom