• ...and so much more!
  • Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte

I haven't been to Dick's since they came out against gun owners. It appears they would prefer I not come back either.
    for Dick’s by making the retailer’s stores more welcoming to women and people of color, who have not always felt at home in the world of sports and outdoor recreation.

This is good and needs attention. You do not see any women or people of color in sports today. To prove this, just look at the WNBA, NBA, MBL, all college sports. Absolutely no women or people of color!

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I go there to buy bungee laces for my shoes - because DSW doesn't have them - but even their "camping" section is sad. I went looking for some cheap stuff sacks and they didn't even have those.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    You can continue to shop there if you want to. That's your prerogative.
    I didn't ask for anyone's permission. Like I said im not advocating for them, I only spoke to my experience with them having the worst outdoor section and a lack of employees pre ar ban. And that it surprises me that they think that is the reason minorities and women dont shop there.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    It seems to me their strategy is moving toward the suburban mom. Seems they figure if they cater to the person in the family who buys all their kid's sporting goods (cleats for FB, shoes for BB, bats for BB, etc) they'll get more business. I think it's probably the only thing that could save the sporting goods store model.

Like it or not, soccer moms don't buy a lot of guns and could be 'turned off' seeing a rack of 'scary' ar 15s.

No ill-will harbored to them from me. They don't want men in the store. I rarely shopped there anyway.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    WTH is with the "women and POC have not always felt at home in the world of sports and outdoor recreation" comment? Is she trying to blame that on the sale of firearms?

Seems like she's saying "We don't want you white male gun lovers" running off women and POC.

I'm with you Expat. They obviously don't want my business.
    You can read Outside and Backpacker magazines and read REI’s stuff and come away with the same trendy ideas from corporate.
    It’s pretty sickening and a huge turnoff to me.
    They’ve stopped short of Patagonia’s virtue signaling but they still had to “do something”.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It seems to me their strategy is moving toward the suburban mom. Seems they figure if they cater to the person in the family who buys all their kid's sporting goods (cleats for FB, shoes for BB, bats for BB, etc) they'll get more business. I think it's probably the only thing that could save the sporting goods store model.

Like it or not, soccer moms don't buy a lot of guns and could be 'turned off' seeing a rack of 'scary' ar 15s.

No ill-will harbored to them from me. They don't want men in the store. I rarely shopped there anyway.
    My guess is they are trying to survive the death of brick and mortar stores and this is a public relations stunt…

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Thank you very much. Galyan`s was a local treasure, and i still grieve their shutting down. Galyan`s got as much of my money, or really, likely more, than Cabela`s. I LOVED the guys in the gun department at the Plainfield store. They looked forward to seeing me too. Legend has it that one afternoon, a guy walked into the Plainfield Galyan`s to buy gun cleaning patches and solvent, and left with a Browning gun-safe...:cool:
    As much as you and I grieve the loss of Galyans we should set up for a celebration of life gathering for INGO. LOL

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thank you very much. Galyan`s was a local treasure, and i still grieve their shutting down. Galyan`s got as much of my money, or really, likely more, than Cabela`s. I LOVED the guys in the gun department at the Plainfield store. They looked forward to seeing me too. Legend has it that one afternoon, a guy walked into the Plainfield Galyan`s to buy gun cleaning patches and solvent, and left with a Browning gun-safe...:cool:
    Galyans was my main store back when they were almost inner city on w 16th street and the crap ass low life's that took over the area caused them to close the doors. It was sketchy in daylight and downright scary after dark to way too many folks and rightfully so.
    We frequented the Plainfield store and the one at pike's plaza regularly. Our very own Legal beagle from Lafayette worked the gun counter on Pikes store and is where we met.
    Dicks are a cancer.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Hobart aims to serve. She is unlocking growth for Dick’s

laughing-giggle.gif

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I bought a 10/22 there one Black Friday. Didn't like it and sold it shortly afterward though. That was the last time I was in there.
    What a coincidence. Me too. I was only there for one reason. Black friday loss leader. :rockwoot:
    I havent been back for one reason: They havent had any loss leader sales on anything I need/want. I will only darken their door to cause them to lose money on something I really need. Absolutely NOTHING else.

And as soon as I got home I immediately got to work upgrading it to be the rifle I wanted. I was able to immediately convert it to a $279 retail version using the leftover walnut stock from my stainless build that I upgraded to a bull barrel.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I didn't ask for anyone's permission. Like I said im not advocating for them, I only spoke to my experience with them having the worst outdoor section and a lack of employees pre ar ban. And that it surprises me that they think that is the reason minorities and women dont shop there.
    Shop there, don't shop there. Personally, IDC what you do. My point was you're entitled to do whatever you want. I only made the comment because It appeared to me you were implying that some of us are being too reactionary for choosing not to shop there because of our views. I think DSG sucks on many levels and this whole gun thing is the icing on a ****** cake.

That just gave me another reason not to shop there. It's as simple as that.

Last edited:

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    Before the Sandy Hook policy change, I used to stop in. If you caught ammo (especially .22 and shotgun shells) on sale, they might be a good price.
    I bought a bunch of 16 ga shotshells there because it was about the only place o could find them at the time. Also got an awesome deal on a Troy AR years back. That deal turned into a cluster as well!

I hadn’t been in there in years but wa looking for some specific shotshells to go pheasant hunting last fall. I bit my tongue and walked in the Avon store. The back corner that used to have the hunting and gun stuff was full of shoes! I made a wide arc to be sure I hadn’t just missed a remodel and didn’t see squat for hunting stuff.

Even back when they did sell guns, they were mostly an overgrown Wal Mart sporting goods department. But you can’t blame them. I’m sure they make more money on a pair of Nikes made by a 7 year old in some sweat shop in Asia than they do on a Remington made in the US by skilled labor.

It is odd that they are marketing towards “womyn and PoC” and talking **** about guns, when the two biggest rises in gun buying have been women and minorities!

Top Bottom