• ...and so much more!
  • Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana

Fast-forward to today, and the move away from firearms has helped clarify the type of customer that Hobart aims to serve. She is unlocking growth for Dick’s by making the retailer’s stores more welcoming to women and people of color, who have not always felt at home in the world of sports and outdoor recreation.
    I haven't been to Dick's since they came out against gun owners. It appears they would prefer I not come back either.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

I haven't been to Dick's since they came out against gun owners. It appears they would prefer I not come back either.
    Is this an extension of Universities embracing "Gaming" as a pseudo-athletic endeavor?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

WTH is with the "women and POC have not always felt at home in the world of sports and outdoor recreation" comment? Is she trying to blame that on the sale of firearms?

Seems like she's saying "We don't want you white male gun lovers" running off women and POC.

I'm with you Expat. They obviously don't want my business.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    They're going to be the market-leader in jog-bras and $600 Air Jordans, is how I'm reading it.

They will end up going where Guitar Center is headed: a minimally-staffed demo booth where people go to coon-finger the merchandise - before buying it on-line.

(...but I'll volunteer to staff the jog-bra try-on booth...:rockwoot:)

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Been so long since I have been in one of their stores. Always had trouble shopping their knowing what they did to a truly great outdoor sports and firearm store, Galyans. Once they came out as anti firearm, they lost me completely.

This latest slap in the face of the many who kept them in business is just one more reason not to shop there.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Who knew dicks was ran by a bunch of dicks?

Honestly tho, did anyone buy guns or ammo from them anyway? Seems like they’re just trying to get attention to help their plummeting sales.
    I bought a 10/22 there one Black Friday. Didn't like it and sold it shortly afterward though. That was the last time I was in there.

kickbacked

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    I shop at DSG, im not advocating for them or anything you could probably go through every company you shop at and find something that goes against your views. I will say that surprises me because the outdoor section at mine flat out sucks and is a ghost town. The only thing i occasionally buy from the outdoor section is plastic worms because my other places closed down and I will die with a black/ red flake watermelon senko on my hook. But there is never any staff in the outdoor section. DSG caters towards golfers more than anyone at least in my area. (I do believe they own or are owned by a golf store). The outdoor section always sucked even when they sold scary black rifles.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Been so long since I have been in one of their stores. Always had trouble shopping their knowing what they did to a truly great outdoor sports and firearm store, Galyans. Once they came out as anti firearm, they lost me completely.

This latest slap in the face of the many who kept them in business is just one more reason not to shop there.
    Thank you very much. Galyan`s was a local treasure, and i still grieve their shutting down. Galyan`s got as much of my money, or really, likely more, than Cabela`s. I LOVED the guys in the gun department at the Plainfield store. They looked forward to seeing me too. Legend has it that one afternoon, a guy walked into the Plainfield Galyan`s to buy gun cleaning patches and solvent, and left with a Browning gun-safe...:cool:

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I shop at DSG, im not advocating for them or anything you could probably go through every company you shop at and find something that goes against your views. I will say that surprises me because the outdoor section at mine flat out sucks and is a ghost town. The only thing i occasionally buy from the outdoor section is plastic worms because my other places closed down and I will die with a black/ red flake watermelon senko on my hook. But there is never any staff in the outdoor section. DSG caters towards golfers more than anyone at least in my area. (I do believe they own or are owned by a golf store). The outdoor section always sucked even when they sold scary black rifles.
    You`d have to work hard to find a company that has slapped the Second Amendment in the face as much as has Dick`s...

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    You can continue to shop there if you want to. That's your prerogative.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Seems like she's saying "We don't want you white male gun lovers" running off women and POC.
    Or, they could be saying that they didn't want women and POC to purchase firearms...
    :dunno:

Who's to know for sure in these crazy times.

Top Bottom