• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • XMil

Shooter
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    Well, it's true... My Burris Fullfield II went wonky on me.

The 460 is a tack driver, but late last season I couldn't put a string of 2 shots together with it. I chased everything I could because spring guns are violent and shake things loose. Also, with more than a thousand shots, I thought maybe it was leaded up. It never occurred to me that my little pellet gun would tear up a high quality scope but live and learn.

It didn't just go away all at once and there was no visible indication. I could string a few or even a lot together then everything would go straight to hades.

I got a new Leupold 3-9 x 33 EFR today and she's a killer again. Leupold claims all their scopes will stand up to air guns, so well see. BTW EFR stands for Extended Focal Range which lets you focus from 19 yards to infinity.

I called Leupold directly because I head the 3-9 EFR was "made special" for airguns. They were super knowledgeable and helpful. FWIW, they said that's not true and all their guns will stand up to airguns. Time will tell.

I use this gun to keep the English sparrows and Starlings off my bluebird and martin houses and I need to be able to reliably hit a quarter size target at 50 yards. I'm not a great shot, and even though they are vermin, I can't stand the thought of wounding them so I rely on good equipment!

bman940

Plinker
    Jan 29, 2012
    N. Tx
    I will be putting a Riton 3 Conquer on my .17 Beeman and expect excellent performance. The only way manufacturers will say their optics are air rifle rated is if they have tested them. I have run across companies that have said their scopes are ok for springers, but Riton actually did the testing. I also saw that Riton has a big 4th of July sale going on with some scopes 40% off, which is tough to beat.

Top Bottom