Avon

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Florida

Man is beating wife. 25 YO Stepson calls 911, ultimately shoots man to protect himself and his (I guess) mother while still on the phone with 911.

Man is taken to hospital where he gives police conflicting stories and says he’s going to kill stepson when he gets out of hospital. Beaten wife backs up son’s story. Man arrested for battery when he gets out of the hospital, stepson not charged with anything.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Florida

Man is beating wife. 25 YO Stepson calls 911, ultimately shoots man to protect himself and his (I guess) mother while still on the phone with 911.

Man is taken to hospital where he gives police conflicting stories and says he’s going to kill stepson when he gets out of hospital. Beaten wife backs up son’s story. Man arrested for battery when he gets out of the hospital, stepson not charged with anything.

Hopefully his neck will get broken in jail

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana

Saw this one on the news. I know quite well where Norco is on the west edge of Riverside County. It's a "semi-rural" small city in close proximity to some much larger ones, notably Corona just south of the 91 freeway (Norco got its name from "North Corona"). Not quite the Wokeness of LA County. The perp screaming about his shotgun wound on the way out is priceless; he's in stable but critical condition. Of note is a second perp getting out with another stolen AR. The 80 year old is very lucky he was armed and saw what was about to unfold on his security cameras. He was ready for them. I seriously doubt he would have survived this encounter with them if he hadn't cut loose with the shotgun on Perp #1. The 80 year old store owner is now recovering from a heart attack, brought on by the stress of the event shortly after it occurred.

Had this occurred in L.A. County, just a few miles northwest, the 80 year old would have been arrested for attempted murder and hate crimes, and all four mopes freed without any charges (and therefore no bail).

John

Last edited:

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    From the east side of Indy

Just saw this on the evening news, I’m glad they (MSM) are at least acknowledging that it happened. Sad for the folks that had to experience it. Think that’s 2 in as many weeks.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Ohio

Amazon delivery driver threatened by a man with knife. Amazon driver shoots him in the leg, man runs away because of and despite leg wound. Goes to the hospital but before police catch up to him he leaves the hospital. Police peventually find him and take him to another hospital.

Man will be charged, police say delivery driver acted in self-defense.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Kansas

This sounds like a close one …

Man gets in an argument with another man about first man’s children. (Both have children by the same woman) First man shoots second man, killing him, flees, eventually arrested and charged with premeditated murder. Jury acquits him of that charge and of lesser homicide related charges like manslaughter.

(They did convict him of filling in possession of a firearm, though).

Bennett, the district attorney, said by email Wednesday that his office respects the jury's verdict.

""This was a self-defense case. I appreciate the work of law enforcement, the testimony of the witnesses, the effort of our attorneys and the work of the jury to consider the totality of the evidence," he wrote.

JAL

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2017
    Indiana
    West Palm Beach last Sunday night . . . two women get into a fight at a party of about 20 which turns into a brawl. A dude goes to his truck and pulls out a short shotgun and starts threatening everyone with it. Another dude drops him using a concealed pistol after he and a few others tell him to put the shotgun away.

https://cbs12.com/news/local/man-threatens-to-shoot-up-the-crowd-shot-and-killed-by-a-bystander

Tragic escalation at a large party. Law enforcement are so far ruling the shooting justified, and it seems it was. I have to wonder though about people and their ability to manage conflict and conflict resolution . . . the two women brawling with each other inciting escalation by another.

John

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Alabama

Unfortunately defender died. Robber wounded.

Yeah, the wording of the reports Ive seen makes me think he didnt follow Tuco's advice. The story I read said that he showed (?) Indicated (?) her that he was armed and was shot. I wonder if he pointed and hoped she run, but didnt so he had to return fire when he called her bluff?

For those that arent aware, its a famous quote from The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly: "When you have to shoot, shoot. Dont talk." Dig deep. If you dont think you can take a life, just dont carry. Its not a talisman.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    If you have a gun pointed at someone, I will pull the trigger.

The last one that does loses.

Top Bottom