Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    San Antonio Texas again. Just last night, 28 April 2022

Intruder breaks into back door of house and into laundry room. When he tries to break into the main part of the house the homeowner (Woman with three children) shoots him twice. Intruder dies on the way to hospital.
    This one made national news.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Houston Texas.

Either late last night or just this morning.

Two armed teens try to rob man outside some apartments,Man pulls his own gun and shoots one of them in the shoulder. Robbers flee but police found their car outside of McDonald’s later and arrested three 16 -year-olds with it.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    San Antonio Texas again. Just last night, 28 April 2022

Intruder breaks into back door of house and into laundry room. When he tries to break into the main part of the house the homeowner (Woman with three children) shoots him twice. Intruder dies on the way to hospital.
    Is it just me, or does the San Antonio Police Chief have a strong resemblance to former LAPD Chief Darrell Gates?

1651427337936.png

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Albuquerque NM

This is from 2017 but it’s still a nice story.

Dude breaks into a house while homeowner was away, puts on homeowners jacket, watches his TV, drinks his beer. Homeowner gets alert on his phone and sees dude making himself at home. Homeowner calls his neighbor. neighbor wife and her husband go to the garage, get a couple pistols, meet homeowner as he arrives, give him a Ruger 45. I think a couple other neighbors show up, they all go in the house, confront dude, duct tape him, and drag him out to the driveway to await the police.

plot twist: dude was wearing clothes from the house he had just previously burgled.

Further plot twist: A few weeks prior dude had been caught breaking in the back door of a house and was caught by occupant at shotgun point, but the DA dropped charges “awaiting further evidence”.

I guess he has further evidence now.

I Would not have been so forthcoming in the interview as the neighbor wife was, But overall it was a heartwarming story.

Dude strikes again in 2019: Woman catches dude in her kitchen wearing her jeans, tank top, and earrings, Claiming house belongs to him.

I did a search on one of my favorite mug shot sites. Unsurprisingly he has quite a few arrests for burglary, stealing vehicles and watercraft, and not showing up for court appearances.

Last edited:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

I wonder if the defense shooter practiced with fmj and then loaded some type of hollow point ammunition to carry? Or using cheap magazines.
    If you don't Test a few hundred rounds of the hollow point ammunition you are going to use you might just end up in this same situation.
    Junk magazines can cause this problem also. Make sure you test your magazines and use the ones that are proven to work.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Albuquerque NM

This is from 2017 but it’s still a nice story.

Dude breaks into a house while homeowner was away, puts on homeowners jacket, watches his TV, drinks his beer. Homeowner gets alert on his phone and sees dude making himself at home. Homeowner calls his neighbor. neighbor wife and her husband go to the garage, get a couple pistols, meet homeowner as he arrives, give him a Ruger 45. I think a couple other neighbors show up, they all go in the house, confront dude, duct tape him, and drag him out to the driveway to await the police.

plot twist: dude was wearing clothes from the house he had just previously burgled.

Further plot twist: A few weeks prior dude had been caught breaking in the back door of a house and was caught by occupant at shotgun point, but the DA dropped charges “awaiting further evidence”.

I guess he has further evidence now.

I Would not have been so forthcoming in the interview as the neighbor wife was, But overall it was a heartwarming story.

Dude strikes again in 2019: Woman catches dude in her kitchen wearing her jeans, tank top, and earrings, Claiming house belongs to him.

I did a search on one of my favorite mug shot sites. Unsurprisingly he has quite a few arrests for burglary, stealing vehicles and watercraft, and not showing up for court appearances.

I'm guessing that he has a few mental issues. But that's just a guess.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I really don't think it was a mag problem as much as a mag release problem.

They mention that in the video and if you look close you can see what looks like the magazine dropped a little bit.

I have done that before when running drills. Well not that, but I do a reload and don't get it seated properly. Then I get one round off and nothing. I have done it more with my AR then my pistol.

That makes me wonder about the people that have the extended mag releases. Looks like it would be so easy to have a bad grip and drop your mag.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Had some guy waiving a finger salute today.

Got out of his car, while pulling up his pants, at three later stops.

Something about getting his pistol to shoot me.

Presented a 92 to the mother *****'s head....rat scurried back to his ride.

What the hell is it wih people these days?

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Had some guy waiving a finger salute today.

Got out of his car, while pulling up his pants, at three later stops.

Something about getting his pistol to shoot me.

Presented a 92 to the mother *****'s head....rat scurried back to his ride.

What the hell is it wih people these days?
    I don't think it's just these days; had basically the same thing happen in CO back in the '70's. Some bearded freak (could've been the Uni bomber) was driving a mail van at the speed of snail so I passed him with no drama at a reasonable stretch of road.

Stopped at a roadside later for a break and to get some fuel (car and body) and was getting ready to leave when he finally caught up with us. He went off on a rant about driving like a maniac and being a danger to everyone and he had a gun in the glove box and was going to go get it and shoot me. Now, I'd been out shooting all day with a car load of friends (Blackhawk Alpha, Iron Tigers, 4th ID) and we were just heading back to base. When a bunch of buzz cut steely eyed killers loaded for bear started getting out of the car and taking up positions freakazoid went and found out his mail van probably could go more than 25mph and scared the crap out of himself for the third time that day.

I think the problem these days tends to be there are just too many damn people (many illegal who can't read the road signs and don't know the rules of the road in this country) and the population density means that you come into contact with the freakazoids more often than you used to.

Youngest daughter is learning to drive now, she's finding out how many people get pissed if you do try to follow the rules of the road.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Caught this in AmmoLand.com news today. I don't think the city was identified. It was the last sentence which grabbed my attention.

Read more: https://www.ammoland.com/2022/05/woman-draws-her-gun-to-stop-assault-on-the-street/#ixzz7SyimBYiQ
    Under Creative Commons License: Attribution
    Follow us: @Ammoland on Twitter | Ammoland on Facebook

"You are walking down the street. A man rides his bike past you, and then stops and turns around. You are a woman and it is uncomfortable to be approached by homeless men. The stranger asks you for money. You say no and back away. He asks again, but this time he pulls a gun out of his pants and points it at you.

You run away and hide behind a dumpster. You draw your own gun and point it at your attacker. You shout for help and people from across the street see you. Your attacker rides away on his bike. You call 911.

You put your gun away and give a statement to the police. Officers interview the people at the gas station across the street. The police review security video from the gas station. The police arrest a suspect nearby. You identify him as your attacker. He is carrying a BB-gun and is arrested for intimidation.

You are arrested for carrying a firearm without a license. The new permitless-carry law in Indiana does not go into effect for another 60 days. You are released and not charged."

While I'm grateful the local prosecutor was sane and did not charge the defender, she is still in some new jeopardy I would think, due to ignorance of the law.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    New Mexico

this is an old one, November 2018, but doesn’t look like we covered it at that time.

Three teens armed with some kind of weapon tried to carjack man and his date, man shoots one of the teams in the head putting him in the hospital in critical condition, other teens flee.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington

Details on this one are a little sparse yet; but it basically sounds like some guy got pulled over for speeding in an apartment complex parking lot, drove off, and then decided to come back and shoot up a group of people who were outside for a birthday party, but was shot by a woman with a concealed handgun before he could kill anybody.

I'm a bit confused on the date, because the officer quoted references being in a tussle with the perp back in 2006, but it looks like the actual shooting took place just this past Wednesday.

Notice how sickeningly deceptive the headline is: "Man dies after opening fire at apartment party in Charleston"; you have to make it five paragraphs in before they even tell you that he was shot by a legally carrying civilian, and didn't just keel over dead spontaneously.

This should be all over the news. If the details released so far are accurate, this could have been the next big massacre; from the sounds of it there were children playing outside at the party, and the only fact that stopped this from being a near repeat of Uvalde may have been one woman carrying a handgun. Wow. But instead of a headline celebrating a brave hero who stopped a potential mass shooting and murder of many more children, carried all over national news, we get just a local story that buries that fact under this meaningless headline.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    82   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington

1. Bad guy shooter was a person of color. Well, that blows the "white supremacy" angle.
    2. The bad guy already had an extensive criminal history. (Not allowed by law to own a firearm anyhow as a felon, so obviously, background checks didn't stop him.)
    3. Bad guy left the scene, (after being confronted) got the rifle, then came back to shoot the place up... Pre-meditated revenge shooting. Can't say mental illness on this one.
    4. Savior was a heroine. These idiots can't even "define" what a woman is... They sure don't want one so sure about who she is, that she's willing to pack heat, and protect herself. (and others)
    5. This untrained lady (God bless her) stood up to a rifle armed would be killer, with only a handgun... just days after multiple police officers merely "contained" another similarly armed one, til one finally had the fortitude to "do something" and ended the killing... with one that was earned.

Top Bottom