• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Huge parental failure. But I'm thinking it was in the parents modus operendi so the child was being abused long before the abuser abused her. At least they stepped up at the end to stop the latest abuse but there should be some major lifestyle changes.
    That's a lot of accusation to heap on the parents with basically no evidence whatsoever.

As to shooting the guy on the spot, I would not have had a problem with it, but it's quite possible the dad didn't want to spatter the guy's brains all over the room in front of his already traumatized daughter.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Lake Tahoe CA
    A Lake Tahoe tourist shot a bear inside his vacation rental. Some say the bear is not to blame. (sfgate.com)

Some friends are staying in a rental vacation home. They go out to dinner, come back, hear noise on second floor. One guy goes to investigate with pistol in hand and finds 400-500 lb black bear rummaging the kitchen (which is on the 2nd floor, interestingly). The bear takes a swipe at him and grabs his arm in bear's mouth. Guy shoots bear in the head, bear releases and runs out of the house same way they think it got in, through a sliding glass door (apparently Tahoe bears have learned how to open sliding glass doors and know what kitchens and fridges look like). Guy fires on the bear a couple more times on the way out.

When daylight comes, authorities track down the bear, find it just about dead, finish it off. Authorities quoted as saying there was no negligence (like leaving food out) by the vacationers and the guy was absolutely correct in defending himself (and presumably the others), and that all the evidence they found support his story. Bear huggers (?) on social media trying the "shame" the guy, one local animal rescue woman quoted as saying Tahoe black bears are just "big scared bunny rabbits." Yeah, with teeth, claws, and the temperament and strength of... well... a bear.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Nothing said the guy was a relative. Nothing said he wasn't, but reports usually mention if it's an Uncle or family member and nothing was mentioned about that.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    That's a lot of accusation to heap on the parents with basically no evidence whatsoever.

As to shooting the guy on the spot, I would not have had a problem with it, but it's quite possible the dad didn't want to spatter the guy's brains all over the room in front of his already traumatized daughter.
    There was a guy down in TX who beat a guy to death for raping his very young daughter. Grand jury no billed any charges. But from reports I've read the prosecutor wasn't upset.
    Lake Tahoe CA
    A Lake Tahoe tourist shot a bear inside his vacation rental. Some say the bear is not to blame. (sfgate.com)

Guy shoots bear in the head, bear releases and runs out of the house same way they think it got in, through a sliding glass door (apparently Tahoe bears have learned how to open sliding glass doors and know what kitchens and fridges look like). Guy fires on the bear a couple more times on the way out.

Bear huggers (?) on social media trying the "shame" the guy, one local animal rescue woman quoted as saying Tahoe black bears are just "big scared bunny rabbits." Yeah, with teeth, claws, and the temperament and strength of... well... a bear.
    Bears aren't dumb, I've read in some places they advise not to lock your car doors. The bear will still get in and do damage doing so. One story I read a bear had learned to pop the windshield out unbroken.

As for that bear hugging lady :nuts:

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    There was a guy down in TX who beat a guy to death for raping his very young daughter. Grand jury no billed any charges. But from reports I've read the prosecutor wasn't upset.
    Yes, that was in my neck of the woods. Or being south Texas, my neck of the brush. Next county over, but it's in the same judicial district and the prosecutor for the district is here in Seguin.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yes, that was in my neck of the woods. Or being south Texas, my neck of the brush. Next county over, but it's in the same judicial district and the prosecutor for the district is here in Seguin.
    Do they have to have a grand jury hearing for any homicides there? I know some states require it but don't know about TX.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Do they have to have a grand jury hearing for any homicides there? I know some states require it but don't know about TX.
    Dunno. Next time I see a lawyer here I’ll ask.
    So I asked a Texas criminal defense attorney. No a prosecutor does not have to have a grand jury for a homicide. The prosecutor can decide on his own that there is nothing to prosecute.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    So I asked a Texas criminal defense attorney. No a prosecutor does not have to have a grand jury for a homicide. The prosecutor can decide on his own that there is nothing to prosecute.
    Thanks much. So the prosecutor was either trying to hang the guy or trying to CYA.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    If the prosecutor had wanted to prosecute him, there would’ve been an indictment.
    True, what do they say about prosecutors, grand juries, and ham sandwiches? But then again there could of been a few people on the jury with daughters, or nieces.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    San Antonio, Texas
    Two men break into home of armed resident, shootout leaves suspect in critical condition | Fox News

Teenager shot following gunfight with resident during home invasion | WOAI (news4sanantonio.com)

2300 (11pm), four residents (at least one of them armed). One story says two intruders, other story mentions only one. At least one intruder armed with rifle and handgun. Armed resident shot the armed intruder, who fled in a car. Other intruder fled on foot. Wounded intruder found at The Children's Hospital, transferred to University Hospital, which is one of the Level 1 trauma hospitals. Brooke Army Medical Center is the other. Those two catch the bulk of the trauma incidents in San Antonio. No charges for would-not-be victims.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    Top Bottom