• ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Ogden, Utah (JMB's home town!)

Last Tuesday man tried to grab an 11 yo girl from a school playground.

A teacher saw it happening, confronted the man enabling the girl to escape, and then shepherded 20 kids into the school.

The man tried to break into the school. A teacher (not sure if same teacher who originally confronted the man or not), a "licensed concealed gun carrier," drew his handgun and held the man until police got there, who took the man into custody after a struggle.

“This employee is protected under the Second Amendment. He followed all policy and procedure at the school, and in this particular case, did everything that he should have done to protect the innocent lives of the children at the school,” Lt. Eynon (Ogden police) told ABC4. “And in this case, it is likely that a life was saved or injury to a life was prevented due to the actions of this heroic employee.”

“A teacher intervened when there was a situation that threatened students’ safety. This teacher, this school employee, is a hero. We don’t disagree with that at all,” Ogden School District’s Jer Bates tells us.

Update: Ogden police press release: Facebook

Last edited:

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Ogden, Utah (JMB's home town!)

Last Tuesday man tried to grab an 11 yo girl from a school playground.

A teacher saw it happening, confronted the man enabling the girl to escape, and then shepherded 20 kids into the school.

The man tried to break into the school. A teacher (not sure if same teacher who originally confronted the man or not), a "licensed concealed gun carrier," drew his handgun and held the man until police got there, who took the man into custody after a struggle.

Update: Ogden police press release: Facebook
    Both my kids are teachers and the spouse works in admin for a school. This is the perfect scenario on why you should carry. It isn't just to stop mass shootings.

Wish the school systems around here would take note.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Sarasota Florida

Family calls sheriff because 29 yo mentally ill son "recently experienced mental health issues and seemed disoriented earlier that day," and apparently left the house. While deputies searched neighborhood for him, another 911 call came from son of a homeowner (age not given) half-a-mile away who said he shot someone breaking into his house.

Deputies found mentally ill son dead on porch. Son of homeowner said man picked up a "plant from Dad's yard" (presumably in a pot of some kind) and charged him.

Sheriff's office person said "There were a couple of attempts maybe at a door or window. It wasn’t just somebody knocking at a door or window. It was more involved than that,"

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Oklahoma

Wife of man in jail for killing alleged burglar at his business: ‘My heart is broken’ (yahoo.com)

This happened a year ago, trial was supposed to start this week but now pushed back to October.

Man running marijuana growing business (medical MJ legal in Oklahoma) burglarized one morning. Wife says same burglar came back that night at 0100 through a hole in their fence and went to back door. Husband fired three times through door, killing burglar. Man charged with first degree murder.

In Texas, you are presumed to have acted reasonably if you use deadly force against someone using force to unlawfully enter or attempting to enter your habitation, vehicle, or place of business or employment. ("using force" can be as little as opening an unlocked door). Dunno what Okie laws are like. Wife says husband is being charged because he's black and burglar is (was?) white.

Going strictly by what was presented, State of OK is not looking good, but the article is based on what the wife says, it's possible there's more to it.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Arvada Colorado

Bad guy who police say hated cops (he left a note) and went on a mission to kill cops ambushes and kills police officer with a shotgun, shoots out windows of police car, gets an AR-15, goes hunting for more cops.

Citizen with handgun shopping nearby shoots and kills bad guy and apparently disarms him. Another cop arriving on scene sees citizen holding rifle and kills him.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Wow. That one event is one of the strongest narrative busters around. I wonder how the progressives will spin that?

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Arvada Colorado

Bad guy who police say hated cops (he left a note) and went on a mission to kill cops ambushes and kills police officer with a shotgun, shoots out windows of police car, gets an AR-15, goes hunting for more cops.

Citizen with handgun shopping nearby shoots and kills bad guy and apparently disarms him. Another cop arriving on scene sees citizen holding rifle and kills him.

Scan, kick the shooters guns away from him (DO NOT PICK THEM UP), scan, re-holster and assume a submissive posture!

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Scan, kick the shooters guns away from him (DO NOT PICK THEM UP), scan, re-holster and assume a submissive posture!
    I would add that after second scan do not re-holster unless LEO is coming on scene. Never know if bad guy has a buddy or is still able to move.

That being said, I did not read any of the articles yet. My sad meter is pegged so I will have to wait for it to drop down a bit.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    I would add that after second scan do not re-holster unless LEO is coming on scene. Never know if bad guy has a buddy or is still able to move.

That being said, I did not read any of the articles yet. My sad meter is pegged so I will have to wait for it to drop down a bit.

From what I understand, he was holding the shooters rifle when LEO arrived.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Houston, Texas

Around 2200 on 28 June perv taps on 10 yo girl's window while perving. Girl screams, parents arm themselves (both have LTCs), confront perv, order him to lie down in the yard until police arrive. Instead perv crosses street to a gas station. Parents follow, mom "holds him at gunpoint" outside gas station store while dad goes inside to call police. Perv jumps mom, wrestles gun away from her, tries to pull trigger but apparently safety is on and defeats him. Dad rushes back outside and shoots perv three (according to sheriff) or four (according to dad) times in torso. Perv rushed to hospital in critical condition. Perv later charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and indecency with a child by exposure. Still in hospital as of yesterday (5 July).

I would not have done a couple or three things that these parents did, but it came out alright in the end.

Texas father shoots man peeping into 10-year-old daughter's bedroom: deputies | Fox News

‘Peeping Tom’ shot 3 times by Texas girl’s father is charged: report | Fox News

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Islamorada Florida

Another perv.

Husband, wife, 12 yo daughter , 41 yo man sharing motel room. Husband and man go out drinking and return late. Man sleeps on pullout bed.

Later wife wakes husband when she hears daughter scream. Husband sees naked man leaning over daughter and touching her and himself. Husband pulls gun and kicks man out of room, calls cops. Cops pull over man in his car a mile away.

I’m amazed this perv didnt end up shot.

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    I’m amazed this perv didn't end up shot.
    Huge parental failure. But I'm thinking it was in the parents modus operendi so the child was being abused long before the abuser abused her. At least they stepped up at the end to stop the latest abuse but there should be some major lifestyle changes.

Top Bottom