• ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    North Carolina NC

Two masked individuals broke into an apartment around 0100, demanded money, and shot a 73 yo female. 12 yo male saddled up and shot at invaders, who fled. 19 yo with GSW found half a block away, died at hospital. 73 yo taken to hospital and treated for non-life threatening GSW.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    North Carolina NC

Two masked individuals broke into an apartment around 0100, demanded money, and shot a 73 yo female. 12 yo male saddled up and shot at invaders, who fled. 19 yo with GSW found half a block away, died at hospital. 73 yo taken to hospital and treated for non-life threatening GSW.
    Goldsboro, home of Seymour-Johnson Air Force Base. That young man certainly took care of business.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    DGU gone wrong, apparently.

Winona Texas
    On Sat police respond to reports of man pointing gun from sun roof of his vehicle. Deputies assisting spottedthe subject’s car and got into a high speed chase over several highways. The car finally stopped on the property of the Starrville Methodist Church and the subject escaped into the woods. Police searched the area but didn’t come up with the subject and started expanding their search area. They did find a shotgun in the car.

The next morning the pastor of the church found the subject hiding in the stall of a restroom in the church building. The pastor was armed, pulled his gun and told the subject to leave but the subject attacked him, ultimately getting the gun and killing the pastor and wounding another member of the church. He also fired on the pastor’s wife, missing her but she injured her shoulder in a fall while fleeing.

The subject stole the pastors car and ultimately ended up in another chase with police who finally captured him. He was found to have a gunshot wound to his hand.
    At the tine of this event another church member was shot as well, but not killed.
    He was released from ICU a mbth ago but i just now saw this

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    North Carolina

Maybe not a DGU, but in the same spirit:

The suspect forced his way into a couple’s home brandishing a knife, the couple fought off their attacker leaving the suspect with traumatic injuries.

Suspect later died at hospital.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Whoops, apparently my last two post were two different stories on the same event. Not sure which Carolina that actually happened in though.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Houston, Texas

2 killed when person they were trying to rob opens fire, sheriff says (click2houston.com)

Some guy (some dude?) eating lunch in his BMW when two other guys try to rob him. Lunch guy pulls a gun and shoots both robbers dead. Then he apparently jumps out, takes the car the robbers arrived in, and leaves the scene. Then he comes back and cooperates with the deputies. Sheriff's office has forwarded its investigation to the Harris County DA.

I would like to hear the rest of this story.

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    Hurst, Texas (NE of Fort Worth and west of Dallas.)

Grand jury declines to indict Hurst homeowner for killing suspected burglar in November (yahoo.com)

This guy dodged a legal bullet. The catalytic converter thief failed to dodge a real one.

Previous article:
    North TX man accused of killing burglary suspect, police say | Fort Worth Star-Telegram (star-telegram.com)

Cliff's notes: Guy caught catalytic converter thief in action and confronted him in street. Catalytic converter thief drove off, guy shot thief's car several times. Police found thief a couple blocks away dead. Guy said thief drove car towards him, police say guy's doorbell camera (which guy allowed police to view without a warrant) didn't show this. Guy didn't help his case by policing up his brass (three shells) and not calling the police. Police charged guy with murder and tampering with evidence. GJ said no.

Don't steal catalytic converters in Hurst Texas.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    I must have missed something but my take was that was a pretty bare article about what happened.

Glad the bad guy didn't win, but no details seems odd

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    I must have missed something but my take was that was a pretty bare article about what happened.

Glad the bad guy didn't win, but no details seems odd
    I dunno, a lot of incidents have scarce details at the beginning, and many of them never show up in the news again. I figure in those cases it turned out that are known criminal I was dealt with, so there’s no news there, especially if it is not dupportive of “the narrstive.”

Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    North Carolina

34-year-old masked man kicks in door, beats elderly occupant And demands money. Occupant shoots robber several times. Robber staggers out of the house ends up at a local hotel where police picked him up and took him to the hospital. Critical condition but not dead as of the time of the article.

Occupant was unaware at the time of the incident that the masked man was his grandson.

And of course:

Mays said she is a friend of [the robber] and he “was in the process of making changes in his life,”

Top Bottom