• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Blame the Libertarians for Republican's lies about repealing obammy care when Libertarians have virtually no elected political positions whatsoever?
    Yesss. I see you understand the problem, sort of

It is easy to promise the moon when you have absolutely no power to deliver on that promise and will never likely be called upon to back up anything you say

Text book back benchers unless they can find another Perot

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Blame the Libertarians for Republican's lies about repealing obammy care when Libertarians have virtually no elected political positions whatsoever?

Sure... whatever.

Republicans ran on repealing obammy care and won the whole shootin' match....House, Senate, Executive.....and then did squat about it.

**** them.
    My complaints with the spineless, fecklessness of republicans is in by no means an endorsement of Libertarians. But the republicans are always concerned with reelection first, second, and third. As screwed up as the democrats are, you have to give them credit—they will sabotage their next election cycle to get their priorities passed when they get a chance.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Indeed. That lock step voting behavior, repeated whenever and where ever the hold power, is what keeps dragging us leftward

At the current juncture, the only remedy I see is a durable populist movement like America First that the inevitable squishes will be unable to finesse with obfuscation by nuance

If'n you're not for us, you're agin' us

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Yesss.

It is easy to promise the moon when you have absolutely no power to deliver on that promise and will never likely be called upon to back up anything you say

The Republicans had everything they needed to deliver on their promise. They had the House. They had the Senate. The had they Executive.

They did nothing.

I put ZERO stock in politicians regardless the letter they post after their name. They prove time and again to be little more than narcissistic ***holes.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    My complaints with the spineless, fecklessness of republicans is in by no means an endorsement of Libertarians. But the republicans are always concerned with reelection first, second, and third. As screwed up as the democrats are, you have to give them credit—they will sabotage their next election cycle to get their priorities passed when they get a chance.
    This is very true. Researchers have even looked into the leadership styles of the parties and found this true.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I put ZERO stock in politicians regardless the letter they post after their name. They prove time and again to be little more than narcissistic ***holes.
    I place my faith in God to right this nation if it can be righted, but I suspect he will use the tools at hand - which by their nature are imperfect, unreliable and prone to backsliding

I cannot fathom how anyone can live through what Biden and Dems have 'accomplished' in the last two years and still be playing this 'there's no difference' version of blind man's 'bluff'

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've made my statement and I'll live by it. I do not see it the way some of you see it. I see your way as the reason leftist worked their way in.
    I use to believe like you all but I see now it is error on our part. It is why we have McConnell, Young, Murkowski, Collins etc, etc in office yet today. With R's like that you will never see change.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    I've made my statement and I'll live by it. I do not see it the way some of you see it. I see your way as the reason leftist worked their way in.
    I use to believe like you all but I see now it is error on our part. It is why we have McConnell, Young, Murkowski, Collins etc, etc in office yet today. With R's like that you will never see change.
    Mark 10:27

People who say they can't do something are almost always correct

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Trump was manifestly NOT like those, and yet we have this entire thread (and others) devoted to 'DeSantis will save us' and grasping at any alternative to Trump because he delivered in many areas but is imperfect

'Perfection is the enemy of good enough'

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Trump was manifestly NOT like those, and yet we have this entire thread (and others) devoted to 'DeSantis will save us' and grasping at any alternative to Trump because he delivered in many areas but is imperfect

'Perfection is the enemy of good enough'
    Trump who was a democrat is actually more conservative than the majority of those I listed including Todd Young.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Trump who was a democrat is actually more conservative than the majority of those I listed including Todd Young.
    And where would we be if we had not voted for someone who at that time was criticized as being 'no different than a Democrat' and had wound up with Hillary instead

Something something learn from history something doomed to repeat it

But by all means, keep the hem of your garment clean -
    that's what's important

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    And where would we be if we had not voted for someone who at that time was criticized as being 'no different than a Democrat' and had wound up with Hillary instead

Something something learn from history something doomed to repeat it

But by all means, keep the hem of your garment clean -
    that's what's important
    I voted for Carson in the primary, but voted for Trump over Hillary.
    Reason was because there was a huge difference between him and her.
    Young I don't see any major differences between him and a democrat. Voted for gun control, voted for 1.5 trillion spending bill that has billions going to leftist groups, and other leftist programs. That was just recently. If you want me to I'll go through all his unconstitutional votes and post them i will. However, you will make excuses for him for doing it. The list is very long.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Young I don't see any major differences between him and a democrat.
    I can see your points on his voting record but there are also points the other direction, that you don’t see or acknowledge those points is what I don’t understand. I have not looked them all up but I do know that politicians do vote for bills that are destined to pass anyway to look better to the other side in upcoming elections.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I can see your points on his voting record but there are also points the other direction, that you don’t see or acknowledge those points is what I don’t understand. I have not looked them all up but I do know that politicians do vote for bills that are destined to pass anyway to look better to the other side in upcoming elections.
    He'll no doubt get back in for 6 more years to do what he wants. I'll pray for him like I always do. As with any human we have a choice to do good or to do bad, and its his choice to do the right thing.

Top Bottom