• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Wish I could see a destructed picture of the same shot as the reconstruction don’t get me wrong I love desantis BUT media can be misleading both ways. The pic above would lead you to believe the entire bridge was washed away….. when I am betting only taking 3 days they repaired something instead of reconstructed.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    Wish I could see a destructed picture of the same shot as the reconstruction don’t get me wrong I love desantis BUT media can be misleading both ways. The pic above would lead you to believe the entire bridge was washed away….. when I am betting only taking 3 days they repaired something instead of reconstructed.
    Pic 1 is the damaged bridge. There is only one bridge to Pine Island so same bridge in all pics.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012

It's a temporary bridge. I don't know if they used prefab pieces or how, but it's apparently legit.

However, as one would expect, the permanent bridge will take much longer to build.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    It's a temporary bridge. I don't know if they used prefab pieces or how, but it's apparently legit.

However, as one would expect, the permanent bridge will take much longer to build.
    Surely Florida like every other state has spare bridges just for this kinda thing. :lol2:

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    The bridge looks to be all precast concrete. It is very possible that some sections were already made for other bridges to be built at a later date. No matter, if it was repaired in 3 days it's a damn good job.
    I'm sure the liberal fact checkers will blow holes in the story if possible.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The bridge looks to be all precast concrete. It is very possible that some sections were already made for other bridges to be built at a later date. No matter, if it was repaired in 3 days it's a damn good job.
    I'm sure the liberal fact checkers will blow holes in the story if possible.
    I’m wondering if they were simply set back onto the supports.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Motivated people can get a lot done in a short time. I remember reading about how the badly damaged Yorktown came into Pearl for repairs and 72 hours later was off to participate in the battle of Midway.
    Yes.
    But that's also because They fixed Yorktown 'just enough'.
    And they used 1,400 workmen.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Yes.
    But that's also because They fixed Yorktown 'just enough'.
    And they used 1,400 workmen.

In case anyone's bored...

The next morning, after Nimitz had cut orders voiding the safety rule of spending a day purging her tanks of stored aviation fuel,

To satisfy the enormous power needs of the repair crews the Navy contacted Leslie Hicks, president of the Hawaiian Electric Company, who arranged a series of rolling blackouts in Honolulu. Only the most urgent repairs were made. Instead of individually fixing the hull’s ruptured seams, an enormous steel plate was welded over the damaged section.

On the morning of May 30, more patched than repaired but fit enough to fight, Yorktown steamed out of Pearl Harbor

Sometimes.. good enough is.. good enough

Top Bottom