• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Not too sure but I'll go ask some drug dealers here and some cartels in Mexico and see if they are willing to pay taxes.
    Estimated remittances to Mexico in 2022 totaled $58.5 billion and were the largest single source of government income

Estimated cartel profits are all over the map, with the highest number I've seen being $500 billion. How much of that do you think is shared with the Mexican government since they aren't paying taxes only bribes?

Certainly a 10% tax on remittances would be felt by the Mexican government, and $5.85 billion would buy a lot of wall if it was dedicated solely to that purpose

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Estimated remittances to Mexico in 2022 totaled $58.5 billion and were the largest single source of government income

Estimated cartel profits are all over the map, with the highest number I've seen being $500 billion. How much of that do you think is shared with the Mexican government since they aren't paying taxes only bribes?

Certainly a 10% tax on remittances would be felt by the Mexican government, and $5.85 billion would buy a lot of wall if it was dedicated solely to that purpose
    Yeah but.
    The US does not tax remittances.
    Minnesota has had a big problem with cash going out by the suitcasefull to terrorists in Somalia and other middle east crap holes. They open up a suitcase full of a million dollars in cash and then close it up and send it along. There are no arrests, there is no talk of tax, no nothing. It is dreaming to think they will tax this crap - dreaming.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    IMO 'enlightened self-interest' is just self-interest dressed up in better clothing

I'm sure jamil will be along soon to explain what enlightened self-interest 'really' is and why I'm wrong - although probably without giving any examples of it actually working

Looking forward to it

Abra Cadabra Hegelian Dialectic
    Well. Maybe you’re right. Maybe you’re wrong. That’s the nature of wild ass guesses. But the more wild, usually the less often you’re right.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    And you have an irrational need to put him down, then excuse it with “I voted for him”. Some will ever be able to get beyond that to understand the concepts. This is the same disconnect those that cannot understand why crime is up but support little penalty for crime.

Securing the border is way more than just a wall, there was to be a financial wall as well. That financial wall would collect fees on money moving from the US to Mexico. Money moving from the US is the largest source of money in Mexico so I have read…
    Wait. It’s irrational to put him down? Uh. Dude, he did the things I put him down about. I know it. You know it. Everyone knows it. So if you think its irrational to “put him down” for things he actually did you must think he should reasonably get a pass.

Nah. I’m not a fiercely loyal Trumper. I don’t owe Trump a pass.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    No, but they move through the economy, so 10% less economy is going to be noticed

We aren't talking about the Mexican government taxing them but the US government' and you are correct 'government income' was bad phrasing. Largest single source of income for the legitimate Mexican economy rather

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I haven’t paid a lot of attention to this oart of the conversation. Is there an executive summary? Did Trump fail to make Mexico pay for the wall? Or was it just a campaign promise?

buckwacker

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2012
    But if they are on the books workers, they are already paying taxes on the income.
    And if they are off the books workers there are thousands of IRS workers that could be catching them.

And it is very debatable what the "real potatoes" are, some estimates are the drug money flowing south is greater than the amount being sent.
    Illegals (and legal Mexicans, maybe other central Americans) do NOT pay a penny of income taxes because they are legally, as in with the blessing of the US government, able to claim any and all relatives back home as dependants.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    What would actually stop him, other than a desire to have a second term. Just like Biden, once he's in he's free to go back on whatever he's said so long as he pleases his handlers. It's a long time Republican tradition
    We'll just have to disagree with this. I'm not buying the notion that he will turn corrupt and sacrifice a second term to be a one and done'er sellout on the illegal immigration/border issue thus throwing everything away for one term just so he can get into office and please his "money men"

He has no record at the national level of saying what he will do and then doing it, and making like a camp chair on Ukraine doesn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy about his willingness to suffer the slings and arrows

As far as this issue goes I posted my take on that a few days, ago and I'll stand with it..

The big takeaway for me is that he never changed his position on the most important part when he went against the grain and said that the Russia/ Ukraine war was not a top national interest priority that Biden and others are trying to make it out to be, and it takes away from the real vitally important national interest issues that need to be focused on.

You can read my expanded take on it here if you want. If not, I don't really care.

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Illegals (and legal Mexicans, maybe other central Americans) do NOT pay a penny of income taxes because they are legally, as in with the blessing of the US government, able to claim any and all relatives back home as dependants.
    Yes. So they are already paying exactly what the government expects of them according to the legal tax code.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm not sure how I can present anything tangible on what he WILL do, but I know he will let you down

You were presenting DeSantis signing a bill impolementing E-verify as a tangible accomplishment at being anti-illegal immigration. and extrapolating (wildly) that he will be a terror on that in DC if he ever gets there. I pointed out that Trump actually for real began building the wall, getting the funds any legal way he could. One is far more tangible than the other, yet Trump gets short shrift while if DeSantis farts in the direction of the southern border it is presented as a major accomplishment on immigration
    I wasn't talking about comparing accomplishment. Everything I posted was about demonstrating his constancy on the illegal immigration/ border issue to support my belief that he won't make a policy shift and go soft based on that stable consistancy over many years.

He's had the same consistancy as Trump has over the same amount of time on this issue and has supported Trump's policy while being one of his more vocal defenders in Congress and even to a certain extent into his Governorship when he's been done wrong That's also consitancy..

I haven't really noticed you giving him much credit for supporting Trump and his policies during his unprecedented persecution. Instead, you just follow Trump's immature lead and call him all kinds of stupid names like a junior high schooler.

The E-verify thing was one part of an illegal immigration legislative package that was passed. Just an example to demonstrate a consistant stance IDK you might have seen me post a couple more examples going back to his stint in Congress.

You seem to forget the discussion began with you making the unsubstantiated speculative claim that he would go soft on his consistant policy, I've been following that origin all along while you've been trapsing about.

Schedule F was referenced because, not only was it a real ass attempt to get the whip hand on the deep state but Trump was criticized for doing too little too late. That is relevant to my criticism of DeSantis waiting 5 years, until he is running for president, to trot out his immigration masterpiece and I pointed out that it should be fair to make the same criticism of DeSantis (too little, too late why did you wait so long) as people made of Trump's Schedule F deployment to belittle the accomplishment

Sometimes a post can be about more than one thing AND not entirely about you and what you want to say

Remember, a post by me will be devoid of nuance
    Now to address this part. This is what the discussion was supposed to be pertaining to.

While I've posted an ample amount of material to support my position on the illegal immigration/border issue all you brought to the discussion was speculation about DeSantis (by speculation I'm referring to what you said about how DeSantis will flip his position on this issue and go soft after being elected just to please his 'money men")

That is pure speculation. You have no substantive tangible to base that on to show he would. My tangible that leads me to believe he wouldn't is based on his many years of constancy on the border issue. He's never changed on that. That's real. Not speculation.

And then you attempt to change the subject about how Trump was so mistreated and never given any substantial credit due him over "Schedule F"

It doesn't pertain to me. I wasn't even a party to that discussion at that time nor have I belittled him for anything on that subject.

When the issue was re-introduced to me that i wasn't aware of and brought to my attention by you during the change of subject mid discussion tactic I gave you the courtesy of doing a little bit of research anyway and subsequently gave Trump some credit for it based on the bit of research that I did.

So, no you don't get to continue a beef that you had with others and change the discussion to what you want to say at my expense. I wasn't a party to that.

Go re-hash it with them. See Bug when I have a discussion directly with you about a specific topic, I don't try to make it about me and any other thing I want to talk about in that discussion at your expense like you have done to me. That smacks of pomposity on your part.. :drama:

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Trump signed schedule F in October 2020, just before the election. This is what many incumbent politicians do. They act like they’re working on a campaign promise that had gone unattended otherwise. Alm he did was sign an EO. Could he not have done that his first year?

Nah. Credit is earned. Why should I give credit for draining the swamp when he did nothing to that end until the clock ran out? Maybe credit is automatically earned from people with fierce loyalty, but that’s essentially a handout.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Yeah but.
    The US does not tax remittances.
    Minnesota has had a big problem with cash going out by the suitcasefull to terrorists in Somalia and other middle east crap holes. They open up a suitcase full of a million dollars in cash and then close it up and send it along. There are no arrests, there is no talk of tax, no nothing. It is dreaming to think they will tax this crap - dreaming.

So now we admit the money is real. If only the government wanted to do something about it…

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Trump signed schedule F in October 2020, just before the election. This is what many incumbent politicians do. They act like they’re working on a campaign promise that had gone unattended otherwise. Alm he did was sign an EO. Could he not have done that his first year?

Nah. Credit is earned. Why should I give credit for draining the swamp when he did nothing to that end until the clock ran out? Maybe credit is automatically earned from people with fierce loyalty, but that’s essentially a handout.
    I gave credit to him for an initiative intent such as that but let's just say the launch failed on that initiative because he issued the EO so close to the election and didn't get re-elected. In the end it did'nt have a chance to do anything.

It was a gamble just like DeSantis's campaign launch failed due to a gamble that they thought would work.

Last edited:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    So now we admit the money is real. If only the government wanted to do something about it…
    "admit the money is real" ?? Are you talking to me? Where did you get the idea that I think the money is not real? Anyhow, wherever that came from it is wrong.
    I think the remittance money is a huge problem. I also think the government is not doing a ******* thing about it and I don't think they intend to do a ******* thing about it.

It would be hard. Some fraction of the remittance money is cash and a big fraction of the drug money is cash and laundering that cash in Mexico is easy.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I gave credit to him for an initiative intent such as that but let's just say the launch failed on that initiative because he issued the EO so close to the election and didn't get re-elected. It was a gamble by issuing the EO that late and in end it did nothing as intended.

It was a gamble just like DeSantis's campaign launch failed due to a gamble that they thought would work.
    I think the timing tends to reveal how serious he took it. Seems to me more like a campaign trail crowd chant that Trump adopted as a campaign slogan. Then it occurred to him that he should probably at least try to make it look like he’s doing something about it in his first term.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    The “He Bug, Desantis hater’s” club (apologies to the Little Rascals).
    See, DeSantis has an unfortunate name. NeverTrumper just rolls off the tongue. Which I think is why Trumpers like saying it. NeverDesantisers just doesn’t work. :):

He Bug Hater’s Club it is then. The HBHC club it is.

Top Bottom