• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think Schlichter needs to be docked some "Trumpier than Trump" AF points for giving major props to DeSantis as being a worthy capable fighter.

Schlichter did'nt seem to have many negative things to say about DeSantis in his recent article unlike some have here.

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    While I agree that Trump is not the only fighter, I wonder who is the better fighter. Trump has nothing to lose so there is nothing holding him back. DeSantis is young and has a full career ahead of him and I wonder if that would hold him back a little; knowing he may damage himself and his future If he fights too hard.

From what I know now, I’d pick Trump but would be happy with DeSantis. Just need ANYONE who can stop the avalanche we see coming our way. The problem is, even with a strong president, can we effectively stop the insanity that has been instilled in the USA….world?
    Sadly, I just don't think there has been enough pain. The only way we can make lasting headway against the corruption of freedom is if whoever we manage to elect also has long coattails, and that requires that the ENTIRE right coalesce around a candidate who will not be everything they desire. I don't see that in the 'never vote for Trump even if he wins the nomination' cadre and I don't even necessarily see that in me personally. I can survive a lot better than most in my present circumstances, so it is really a living memory of how great this country really is and coming from a service family and really knowing how difficult some people have it who do not have my advantages that motivate me to seek the redemption of America. At some point I believe I will just burn out and conclude I just can't save people from themselves

The lesson that God allowed his chosen people to endure slavery for 400 years and wander the wilderness for 40 should quell any belief that worse cannot happen to us

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    That would be 24.5m views.

From what I have seen the MSM and Trump have been belittling it, but I have seen others say it was a short term issue that was fairly quickly solved.
    Given the numbers Tucker's video had on 27 April and thereafter, I don't think the problem was on Twitter's end - thus it seems fair to criticize DeSantis' team as not quite ready for prime time

If you're going to jump from a plane, make sure whoever packed your chute can be trusted to do a good job

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And now, the rest of the story...

Apparently, in 2008 Griffin was 50-50 in his giving to D's and R's. After that, since 2012, 100% RED... but yeah, spin it how you want...
    Did you miss the part about how he not only gave personally but acted as a fundraiser for Obama?

That's helping run the camps, not just saluting Hitler

Like many wealthy people on the right he's an opportunist, and a libertarian primarily because it lets him do whatever he wants

Ingomike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Watergate, Iran Contra, Teapot Dome... that's just what pops into my head.

EDIT: You're just trying to define the "bad guys". Politicians thrive on corruption.
    Newsflash, today is 2023, it is not even 2012, it is 2023. Nothing is like it was. Republicans/conservatives have NO power in DC. Please name the parts of government that they control*? Please name the unelected parts of government Trump controlled*?

Control: do their every bidding…

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Because Trump doesn't give the slightest **** about doing things differently than how they've always been done.

We spent a generation thinking about making the capitol of Israel Jerusalem, but we never did because we were so scared it'd start a world war. Trump just did it, no ****ing about at all. He does not care about the established norms and way of doing things. This is how we got out of NAFTA.

I don't believe DeSantis will be that way.
    D'Accord

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    He backed a number of GOP losers. McCain and Paul Ryan as well.
    Kind of looks like he wants a 'business as usual' candidate he can control, doesn't it

Ask yourself if the 1992 Perot was running right now, would people like Griffin be 'for him or agin' him'?

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Yawn

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    DeSantis said in a recent interview with Trey Gowdy when asked about the war in eastern Europe. (Ukraine v Russia) is one that he would like to be settled and does not want to see a wider war. He said that he doesn't want to see the United States get further enmeshed in a war between Russia and Ukraine.
    So you'll take his retconned answer over the unscripted one?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    You would think having two good candidates for a change would be a good thing... but no.
    I just hope the primary ends without too much self-inflicted internal damage - not too much blood running down Republican backs from those little stabby cuts.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You would think having two good candidates for a change would be a good thing... but no.
    I just hope the primary ends without too much self-inflicted internal damage - not too much blood running down Republican backs from those little stabby cuts.
    So, are you saying backstabbing should now stop only because someone you like is running?

I'm more of a never forgive, never forget kind of. guy

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So we just gloss over the fact that DeSantis did the same thing April 1, 2020 and didn't lift the last restriction until almost 6 months later? He gets props for recognizing early that such restraints were unsustainable, but is that because he is an innate supporter of personal freedoms or because he runs a state HEAVILY dependent on tourism and travel and he could see the writing on the wall

I know I'M glossing over a big thing for you, which is Trump's lack of 'repentence' for want of a better word. I just will admit that I AM glossing things over. I don't see anything to be gained by a show of public contrition by him at this point and thus I don't see the point

Your critique of 'my candidate, right or wrong' is valid, but you should already be seeing the same behaviors of Trump supporters that were so roundly criticized beginning to be displayed by DeSantis supporters - with the fig leaf of 'I don't have a guy' to somehow excuse this

As this campaign plays out you will see DeSantis supporters display EVERY behavior they found fault with in Trump supporters and they will find reason to excuse every one of them

You heard it here first
    Are we going to continue to gloss over the fact Trump is still pumping his clot shots, lockdowns, and debt busting spending?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    So, are you saying backstabbing should now stop only because someone you like is running?

I'm more of a never forgive, never forget kind of. guy
    No, not saying that. Backstabbing will never stop.
    I am saying I hope it doesn't do so much damage to the Republicans that it lets the dumocraps win.
    Because that would be stupid.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I think that DeSantis was correct when he said in effect in Mar. 2023 that on a scale of US vital national interest the Russia/Ukraine war should not take a high priority over the most pressing issues facing our national interest today. I don't think he's ever walked that back.

He pointed out more vitally important issues like securing our borders, addressing the crisis of readiness within our military, achieving energy security and independence, and checking the economic, cultural, and military power of the Chinese Communist Party.

I believe that he still sees all of that as being at the top of our national interest priority list.

Last edited:

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Did you miss the part about how he not only gave personally but acted as a fundraiser for Obama?

That's helping run the camps, not just saluting Hitler

Like many wealthy people on the right he's an opportunist, and a libertarian primarily because it lets him do whatever he wants
    I guess you skipped the part where he bundled equal amounts for Obama and McCain in 2008?

SheepDog4Life

Natural Gray Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 14, 2016
    SW IN
    Top Bottom