• ...and so much more!
  • Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Are we going to continue to gloss over the fact Trump is still pumping his clot shots, lockdowns, and debt busting spending?

giphy.gif

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Are we going to continue to gloss over the fact Trump is still pumping his clot shots, lockdowns, and debt busting spending?
    Are we going to continue to gloss over the fact that DeSantis couldn't stand up to the pressure brought about by a heterodox view about the war in Ukraine for a day?

I take the bad with the good. Apparently, so do you. You're looking for contrition, I'm looking for Wyatt Earp

If you find the candidate who can solve all of the problems you list simultaneously in his first term while lowering inflation, getting the economy humming and facing down China, let me know

Heck, if you can find a candidate who can balance the budget in his first term I'd take a look. You DO remember congress sets the budget, yes? Or are we talking about candidates for US representative

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    He outlines issues like securing our borders, addressing the crisis of readiness within our military, achieving energy security and independence, and checking the economic, cultural, and military power of the Chinese Communist Party.
    Sounds a lot like Trump, except Trump already delivered that once

Why not have the real thing and get the party behind him this time, rather than settle for Diet Trump

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Are we going to continue to gloss over the fact that DeSantis couldn't stand up to the pressure brought about by a heterodox view about the war in Ukraine for a day?

I take the bad with the good. Apparently, so do you. You're looking for contrition, I'm looking for Wyatt Earp

If you find the candidate who can solve all of the problems you list simultaneously in his first term while lowering inflation, getting the economy humming and facing down China, let me know

Heck, if you can find a candidate who can balance the budget in his first term I'd take a look. You DO remember congress sets the budget, yes? Or are we talking about candidates for US representative
    Was there a point here?

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Sounds like we have been hearing that DeSantis isn't enough like Trump but then when he shares some of the same policy priorities, he is too much like Trump and we don't like that all of a sudden.

Which is it?

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    Sounds like we have been hearing that DeSantis isn't enough like Trump but then when he shares some of the same policy priorities, he is too much like Trump and we don't like that all of a sudden.

Which is it?
    For the Trump fans he is not enough like Trump. For the TDS crowd, he is too much like Trump.
    And then sometimes what he says or does plays a tiny role in this as well.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    KG1's #1528. Retroactively adjusted to make better sense

Which is it?

Neither

The question is why settle for the cheap imitation when you can have the real thing, especially when the imitation couldn't find enough backbone to defend its tentative anti-endless war position. He's been near the sharp end, he should know better and have had no qualms about saying what he meant and meaning what he said

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    How can Trump be put on the trailer now before the primary outcome by anyone here? I'm equally in favor of a fair fight for Trump as anyone else in the primary field. You'll never see me advocate for anything else but awaiting the outcome of a fair fight. I would be amongst the ones that would cry foul if it wasn't.

There will be an answer then and for a majority here except for a small few they have said they will not be so shallow as to put Trump in the trailer and shut the door on him even then if he is the victor.

Some people just want to conveniently ignore that part.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The bottom line for me is that I'm all in favor of DeSantis mounting a challenge if he wants a shot at it. I believe that he believes in governing by mostly the same priorities that Trump believes in. If he loses, he loses and it's on to the general election. I won't b*tch and moan about it.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This is why, if people like this get their way, what happened to us will happen to us again and again.

Speaking only for myself (who got the first two jabs), no, it won't happen again (to me). I just won't do it. That being said, I do agree with him in that I haven't thought about covid other than what I see here on INGO. I still see people wearing masks and just assume they're thinking about committing a crime, or they're just idiots (or possibly otherwise health-compromised). It truly isn't even a thing for me whatsoever.

A lot of people are hanging on to it like a dog with a bone though. I know that the people that inflicted it on us won't ever face a day in court, let alone prison, so... :dunno:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Speaking only for myself (who got the first two jabs), no, it won't happen again (to me). I just won't do it. That being said, I do agree with him in that I haven't thought about covid other than what I see here on INGO. I still see people wearing masks and just assume they're thinking about committing a crime, or they're just idiots (or possibly otherwise health-compromised). It truly isn't even a thing for me whatsoever.

A lot of people are hanging on to it like a dog with a bone though. I know that the people that inflicted it on us won't ever face a day in court, let alone prison, so... :dunno:
    I just returned from almost two weeks hiking on the southern part of the Pacific Crest Trail in Cali, and I see more masks at the grocery store in Ohio than I did anywhere I was in California

Covid is dead

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    This is why, if people like this get their way, what happened to us will happen to us again and again.

Everything Giglio mentions is higher up on my list of things I want than reforming national emergency powers - as long as a conservative-ish republican is in power.
    I want it done, it just isn't job one

Top Bottom