Deputy Secretary of Defense Kathleen Hicks “2022 is the year we question the sustainability of the all-volunteer force.”

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Hahahaha, fat chance, how else will diversity hires get welfare for mulling around and effectively doing nothing while all of society pats them on the back as if they're saving us from tyranny.

At this point speaking german would be a significant upgrade to the situation we find ourselves in.
    Have you seen the German price index? They have higher inflation than we do and are likely to all be wondering how they will produce anything(as their grid was 81% powered by natural gas,no nukes,no coal,just wind,solar,and gas). Oh,and about that thing that happens in a few months(winter),good luck with that one.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Have you seen the German price index? They have higher inflation than we do and are likely to all be wondering how they will produce anything(as their grid was 81% powered by natural gas,no nukes,no coal,just wind,solar,and gas). Oh,and about that thing that happens in a few months(winter),good luck with that one.

I'm pretty sure germany isn't ran by those people anymore.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    My son is enlisting, apparently. None of the social issues you guys care about are relevant to 17-19 year olds as far as deciding to enlist or not. Teenagers, even the smart ones, are still hormone riddled emotionally driven proto-humans with no idea of what real life looks like yet. You know, idiots. Just like me and just like you were. I think about things like how the VA will **** you like a house cat, and have been frank with him about it, but teenagers are invincible in their brains. Just like me. Just like you were. Remember what it was like when you were enlistment age and ask yourself if you gave a **** about any of this.

His decision is a job that lets him shoot cool guns vs a job that teaches him to do something useful when he gets out. Now once he's in, all that stuff will likely cause retention issues. Cool guy jobs aren't cool once you actually do them and they consistent largely of painting rocks and watching PowerPoints...

Did you teach your kids it's important to be part of something bigger than yourself? The value of service? Did YOU serve? Did you tell them it was a worthwhile experience? Or did you teach them college or you are a moron?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I'm pretty sure germany isn't ran by those people anymore.
    True. It is run by unelected bureaucrats of the EU,but they are following the same ideas. The EU has destroyed most of Europe,by design. No borders,one currency,unlimited immigration,and the green idea that no one needs anything to be made or grown.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I taught both of my sons to develop a skill that you enjoy and people will pay you to do. This has worked out for them so far.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Just another part of the master plan coming together. Gonna suck pretty bad to get invaded by China when we have an Army consisting of nothing more than 600 black racist transvestites.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    75   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    BBI, yeah I served. When all is said and done, all I wanted to do is fix guns like a gunsmith. Trouble is an armorer doesn't necessarily get to do that. Replace what is wrong and send it to the front. If you are lucky, you can get a cool guy job at Crane. I wasn't cool enough but was good enough to get into skilled trades at GM. 32 years later...

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    It's all this left wing "woke" nonsense that's making the military less attractive to mainstream men and women to enlist.

Get the military back to what it's function is supposed to be for.
    Which is to effectively "kill people and break things" when needed.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    It's all this left wing "woke" nonsense that's making the military less attractive to mainstream men and women to enlist.

That purpose being to secure the United States.

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene

Talking with my grandson last night, he got out of Army this spring on disability for messed up hips. He had served about three years and said he was glad to be out. When he went in they were teaching the real mission of securing the United States. The way to do that is knowing how to kill people and break things. Said now the army is more concerned with being "inclusive and using the proper pronouns."
    Also the older "hard core" types that he really respected are leaving or basicly being forced out. Sounds nothing like the Army I was in, and not a better one either. Jim.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I was 17 and 2 months old when the Army gave me a M16A1. They expected me to act like a adult well as much as a 17 year old can.

I don’t think we had any “sensitively“ type training. Mostly getting yelled at and push up’s.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    My son is enlisting, apparently. None of the social issues you guys care about are relevant to 17-19 year olds as far as deciding to enlist or not. Teenagers, even the smart ones, are still hormone riddled emotionally driven proto-humans with no idea of what real life looks like yet. You know, idiots. Just like me and just like you were. I think about things like how the VA will **** you like a house cat, and have been frank with him about it, but teenagers are invincible in their brains. Just like me. Just like you were. Remember what it was like when you were enlistment age and ask yourself if you gave a **** about any of this.

His decision is a job that lets him shoot cool guns vs a job that teaches him to do something useful when he gets out. Now once he's in, all that stuff will likely cause retention issues. Cool guy jobs aren't cool once you actually do them and they consistent largely of painting rocks and watching PowerPoints...

Did you teach your kids it's important to be part of something bigger than yourself? The value of service? Did YOU serve? Did you tell them it was a worthwhile experience? Or did you teach them college or you are a moron?
    My sons both enlisted in The MC after HS graduation in 97 and 99. Ones enlistment ended a few months ago and the other will be a 20-25 yearer and out. Provided he remains in good health.
    I pushed College or The Service since they were young. Both are/were Grunts with great mos's that came with shooting lots of cool weapons, your son will find unless hes an instructor or marsoc hes not going to shoot as much as he is led to believe.
    He could hit a combat deployment and that will change when he shoots.
    My one son left not over the every two week classes on todays world, he left over his paycheck. As a single Cpl in his mos earned him about 24,000 gross a year.
    Thats tough with a moderate car and insurance payment.
    Now he six folds his income, free housing, free chow and medical, beard and a normal mustache. Once he is done he plans to empty his gi bill getting a financial degree.
    Good Luck to your son, is he headed to MCRD-PI or MCRD-SD perhaps?

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I was 17 and 2 months old when the Army gave me a M16A1. They expected me to act like a adult well as much as a 17 year old can.

I don’t think we had any “sensitively“ type training. Mostly getting yelled at and push up’s.

Letters Home from The Island to me (single dad) with things learned that week.
    Dad, we qualed today, I shot a 342. It felt like I was cheating with a 4X scope.
    Dad, im the only one in my platoon that knows how to use a washer and dryer.
    Dad, ive been spit on so much, it feels like rain.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    your son will find unless hes an instructor or marsoc hes not going to shoot as much as he is led to believe.

Yes, I've explained that 'cool guy jobs' only let you be a 'cool guy' a small percentage of the time when you aren't deployed. Then you are painting rocks, mowing grass, picking up cigarette butts, counting shovels, all the little things that make the military go round. BTDT.

Good Luck to your son, is he headed to MCRD-PI or MCRD-SD perhaps?

No. He's narrowed it down to USCG or USA. USA for cool guy job with big signing bonus, USGI for Electrician's Mate and learning something useful.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    Yes, I've explained that 'cool guy jobs' only let you be a 'cool guy' a small percentage of the time when you aren't deployed. Then you are painting rocks, mowing grass, picking up cigarette butts, counting shovels, all the little things that make the military go round. BTDT.

No. He's narrowed it down to USCG or USA. USA for cool guy job with big signing bonus, USGI for Electrician's Mate and learning something useful.
    I wish him Great Luck.
    Has he taken his asvabs yet? Tell him to study, it pays off.

Top Bottom