• ...and so much more!
  • patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    The “war on drugs” (including marijuana) has been about as successful as prohibition. It has done little to discourage drug use, while at the same time putting a lot of people in prison (which the taxpayers have to pay for) and allowing criminal organizations to make obscene amounts of money selling drugs.

The Gov needs to decriminalize all drug use, at that point capitalism can take over and companies can compete which will both make drugs safer and add a large amount of money to the US economy.
    Ask Washington state how that's working out for them.

Wabatuckian

Smith-Sights.com
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 9, 2008
    Wabash
    As much as I personally dislike everything about marijuana -- the look, the smell, how it affects me -- I'd be a hypocrite by not supporting its legalization. I have an occasional beer or whiskey on the rocks, and, by all accounts, that's no better and no worse than weed.

My issue is with people who think they can do either and then get behind a trigger or a wheel. Either be willing to stay put and leave guns alone for a bit, or don't get drunk or high.

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    The wife and I just got back from a week in Grand Haven, beautiful area. We stopped in one of the dispensaries just for the heck of it. It was interesting how they presented it. Not pushy, very informative. Talked about the farms they have to raise the MJ. Had it in all forms, pre-rolled, gummies, flowers etc. We ended up buying one pre-rolled joint. Sparked it up that night. Super potent. It's been over 30 years since I last smoked. Would I consume if it became legal in Indiana. Maybe once in a blue moon. Definetly not on a regular basis.

Butch627

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jan 3, 2012
    NWI
    The wife and I just got back from a week in Grand Haven, beautiful area. We stopped in one of the dispensaries just for the heck of it. It was interesting how they presented it. Not pushy, very informative. Talked about the farms they have to raise the MJ. Had it in all forms, pre-rolled, gummies, flowers etc. We ended up buying one pre-rolled joint. Sparked it up that night. Super potent. It's been over 30 years since I last smoked. Would I consume if it became legal in Indiana. Maybe once in a blue moon. Definetly not on a regular basis.
    I know in Illinois they check ID and record the info when purchasing from a dispensary. Do they do the same in Michigan?

yeahbaby

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    Portage
    I know in Illinois they check ID and record the info when purchasing from a dispensary. Do they do the same in Michigan?
    Yes, we were in an outer reception area initially. That's where they scanned our drivers license. Then we were let into a large room where all the different type of MJ was available. Very business like process. Well it is a business.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yes, we were in an outer reception area initially. That's where they scanned our drivers license. Then we were let into a large room where all the different type of MJ was available. Very business like process. Well it is a business.
    You let them scan your license?? :runaway: Heck there are INGO members that won't even let Kroger do that to buy beer!

04FXSTS

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 31, 2010
    Eugene
    I try to stay abreast of what goes on in Illinois because I have friends and family there. I think the state will be checking dispensary records against 4473 forms at some point in time if they are not doing it already. So if you are on the dispensary list for buying pot and say "no" on the 4473 to being a drug user you are in deep do do.
    In Illinois the law went into effect a couple years ago that requires Illinois FFL's to have an Illinois FFL. Part of this law gives the ISP the right to check an FFL's records whenever and for no reason. There was a lot more horrible stuff in that bill, bad enough that when it became law over half the FFL's closed. Jim.

kBk wz. 1970

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2021
    Carroll County
    The “war on drugs” (including marijuana) has been about as successful as prohibition. It has done little to discourage drug use, while at the same time putting a lot of people in prison (which the taxpayers have to pay for) and allowing criminal organizations to make obscene amounts of money selling drugs.

The Gov needs to decriminalize all drug use, at that point capitalism can take over and companies can compete which will both make drugs safer and add a large amount of money to the US economy.
    I smell a Libertarian. Nothing wrong with being one I suppose, except the infantile assessment of how decriminalizing drugs would actually go. “Capitalism” is at work as I type this (albeit through the Mexican cartel and the “authorities” that allow their mischief).
    Not everyone can do drugs.
    Narcotics/Hallucinogens are not for the average mind.
    Hell no all drugs should be legal-
    Billy buys a bit of LSD at the gas station, an hour later experiences a psychotic episode and stabs my wife in the face with a legally procured pocket knife (which his grand dad bought at WalMarts for his Christmas present the previous year)....
    Life, Liberty, the Pursuit of Happiness... (stuff like that)
    Shan't be infringed.
    Hell no.
    I speak from experience. My whole family was a bunch of needle farmers. I’ve seen first hand the secondary effects of rampant drug use.

“Let’s turn the nation into Portland”…
    GTFO here with that nonsense.

kBk wz. 1970

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2021
    Carroll County
    I try to stay abreast of what goes on in Illinois because I have friends and family there. I think the state will be checking dispensary records against 4473 forms at some point in time if they are not doing it already. So if you are on the dispensary list for buying pot and say "no" on the 4473 to being a drug user you are in deep do do.
    In Illinois the law went into effect a couple years ago that requires Illinois FFL's to have an Illinois FFL. Part of this law gives the ISP the right to check an FFL's records whenever and for no reason. There was a lot more horrible stuff in that bill, bad enough that when it became law over half the FFL's closed. Jim.
    Guy Relford was just talking about this today on “Monday Gun Day” on WIBC on the Hammer & Nigel show. Specifically in states that have legalized medicinal marijuana.
    Medical card/4473= 10 years.

(But if there is no “registry” how would they know?)

More importantly, how would they have access to your medical records under HIPPA?

All a smoke show… (no pun intended)

“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” -Benjamin Franklin

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Guy Relford was just talking about this today on “Monday Gun Day” on WIBC on the Hammer & Nigel show. Specifically in states that have legalized medicinal marijuana.

More importantly, how would they have access to your medical records under HIPPA?

“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.” -Benjamin Franklin
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding you, but this post seems to be in direct contradiction to your previous post just before it.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

"Medical card/4473= 10 years."

What does this mean? Were you trying to put some sort of equation in?

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I smell a Libertarian.
    Holy ****! Sweet mother of god NO! Run for your lives! A libertarian is on the loose! :runaway:

C’mon man. People who want to do drugs do them. Doesn’t matter. The problem has only expanded since the war on drugs. Time to end it. It’s futile as prohibition was. Markets for what people want always form. Even if the market has to go underground.

kBk wz. 1970

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 16, 2021
    Carroll County
    "Medical card/4473= 10 years."

What does this mean? Were you trying to put some sort of equation in?
    So if you’re a registered medical marijuana user in a state like Colorado and file for your 4473, you either forfeit your rights to owning firearms, or suffer the federal penalty 10 years in prison for lying on your application.

Top Bottom