Btown Rural

1661913429723.png

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Wow, that’s crazy. So if you use too much you can get addicted or cause other problems? Glad they’re keeping it a schedule 1 at the federal level, we don’t need that kind of terrifying death shrub out on the streets. I’ll stick with the much safer Sch 2 substances which don’t have these problems, you know things that don’t come from pants and are medicine like cocaine and methamphetamine.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Last edited:

edporch

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Oct 19, 2010
    Indianapolis
    View attachment 238506

I don't know, but I would guess that it's still illegal in California for individuals to grow their own pot for their own use, similar to how it's legal to make beer and wine for one's own use.

So it's a simple fact of economics that people will vote with their wallets and buy pot from illegal growers than pay way more for highly taxed legal pot.

The only thing that has a chance of taking a bite out of the illegal growers profits is to make it legal for individuals to grow their own pot for their own use, but keep dealing in it still illegal unless licensed.

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    I don't know, but I would guess that it's still illegal in California for individuals to grow their own pot for their own use, similar to how it's legal to make beer and wine for one's own use.
    Its not. In states where it has been deemed recreationally legal there are provisions for how much a person can grow at their residence.
    So it's a simple fact of economics that people will vote with their wallets and buy pot from illegal growers than pay way more for highly taxed legal pot.
    Taxed and legal doesn't equal expensive. Black market and dispensary prices are quite comparable.
    The only thing that has a chance of taking a bite out of the illegal growers profits is to make it legal for individuals to grow their own pot for their own use, but keep dealing in it still illegal unless licensed.
    Engaging in an argument with bwframe is similar to hitting yourself in the crotch with a hammer. Mostly painful and unproductive..... proceed with caution.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I have relatives in Cali that do grow their own. It is legal to do so, but near impossible to buy the seeds - mainly because the primary products are proprietary strains and grown as sinsemilla. So no seeds in the commercial product, what seeds might be available are for inferior product and the state doesn't allow the import of seeds under agricultural regulation. Seeds can be gotten but it is very gray market

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I can actually go along with this, many of those illegal grows definitely trash the landscape and reside in sensitive areas.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Apples and oranges. Compare and contrast fatal fentanyl overdoses, fatal heroin overdoses, fatal alcohol poisonings/overdoses and fatal marijuana overdoses and get back to me.
    'safer' =/= 'safe', one is a relative term and one is an endpoint

The need to classify something as 'safer' merely points out neither is 'safe'

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    'safer' =/= 'safe', one is a relative term and one is an endpoint

The need to classify something as 'safer' merely points out neither is 'safe'
    And the need to classify marijuana the same as heroin and fentanyl is flat out wrong. There is no comparison. Classifying alcohol the same as heroin and fentanyl would be closer to the truth. In fact, I think I've seen it said that if alcohol was invented today, it would be classified the same as fentanyl and heroin.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    And if getting lifted had been as popular as alcohol with the founding fathers it would be accepted more widely and thus have remained legal or at least less regulated, but alas ...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    And if getting lifted had been as popular as alcohol with the founding fathers it would be accepted more widely and thus have remained legal or at least less regulated, but alas ...
    Which is why it wasn't made illegal until the founding fathers were dead and buried.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey

Say what you will, but this gentleman didn't get to lookin like this by smoking tobacco. :cool:

I wonder which one hit the states first, MJ or hashish?

well-played-good-sir-well-played-indeed.jpg

Top Bottom