• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Might as well, some may not approve of what people might do with alfalfa.
    Especially Alfalfa!

iu

CTBay

Marksman
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 13, 2021
    Bedford
    Out of curiosity, when someone is pulled over for impaired driving and they are high but not drunk, how is this prosecuted? Drunk is pretty easy to understand as the breathalyzer gives a number and statutes are written around those numbers. I'm not aware of anything like this for MJ though.

People who are only high on weed typically don’t cause traffic accidents or display incredibly impaired driving. The police can and do drag people from the side of the road to a hospital for a blood draw. That usually doesn’t happen when weed is the only drug the person consumed. Every time I read about an incident in the newspaper the person had some kind of harder drug in their system, usually opiates. I don’t ever recall ever reading the cops taking someone for a blood draw for only weed. It probably happens but I have never heard of it. Lights in ones rearview can have a sobering effect.

A blood draw finding ANY weed in your blood counts for a DUI. There definitely needs to be an impairment threshold established. The trouble is that pot will have DRASTICALLY different effects on the person who uses everyday vs the person who almost never does. People high on only weed don’t cause traffic accidents like drunk people IMO.

Looks like the not at fault party in car accidents we’re getting screwed on post accident blood draws for weed in their blood but lawmakers changed it.

I think there is also an exception in Indiana OWI law for marijuana if the person didn’t cause an accident or drive dangerous. I could be wrong.

EMT-Alex

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2021
    Anderson
    Indiana Democrats want to legalize medical and recreational marijuana. They say it will generate a lot of tax revenue.
    Obviously, the next step is to legalize prostitution. It will also generate tax revenue and attract conventions (except the FFA) to the state. Additionally, it will provide employment for unskilled young people who don't want to bother with schooling.

Add purple if you think necessary.
    Better to legalize it here than to have Indiana residents cross state lines and use our money to fund those blue states surrounding us.

The only concern I have is letting liberals have their way in our state. I moved out of California to escape their suicidal policies. I’ve seen the end result of liberal policies. It’s not pretty.

“If you give a mouse a cookie”.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    But also, let's not say that it’s a sign of an immoral society, any more than society was when it demanded that Prohibition end.
    So, you would characterize the arc of society as bending toward the moral since the end of prohibition? :n00b:

I really just want to make the point that right and wrong are not a popularity contest. More people wanting something might actually get it, but that doesn't make it right or even usually solve the problem

Last edited:

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    It wasn’t made illegal federally by the MJ tax act. It was federally regulated and taxed in 1937. Interestingly that law was repealed in 1969. It was made illegal by the controlled substances act in 1970.
    Maybe revisit the actual meaning of 'de facto'?
    Congress saw how states were prohibiting cannabis and responded with the Marihuana Tax Act in 1937. At the time, the US federal government lacked the power to ban cannabis, so it levied a tax so punitive that no one could pay it. Drafted by Anslinger, the act imposed a heavy tax against anyone using the plant. Failure to comply meant a fine of up to $2,000 and up to five years in jail. The first marijuana arrest under the new federal law was a small-time weed dealer in Denver, Colorado.

jamil

code ho
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So, you would characterize the arc of society as bending toward the moral since the end of prohibition? :n00b:

I really just want to make the point that right and wrong are not a popularity contest. More people wanting something might actually get it, but that doesn't make it right or even usually even solve the problem
    Well, no, I wouldn’t characterize it as that and I didn’t say anything that should indicate such.

Right and wrong is pretty objective for some actions and not others. Harming people unjustly: wrong. Stealing: wrong. Murder: wrong. Those are easy. Nearly everyone on the planet across racial and cultural lines, agree on those things.

Foul language? Now we’re starting to get subjective. Drinking alcohol? Smoking weed? Marriage outside of wedlock? Subjective. When it comes to subjective morality, yes, it is indeed a popularity contest. Those are the morals that tend to be downstream from culture.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

State Police Header Image 3
    INDIANA STATE POLICE
    PUTNAMVILLE DISTRICT
    1927 US 40 West
    Greencastle, IN 46135
    www.in.gov/isp
    FOR RELEASE: Upon Receipt​
    Sgt. Matt Ames
    Public Information Officer
    812-240-0030
    DATE: 12-12-21
    Traffic Stop Leads to Discovery of 133 Pounds of Marijuana
    Morgan County - Saturday, December 11, 2021, at approximately 4:20 p.m., an Indiana State Trooper observed a GMC Yukon that was following too close to a tractor trailer on I-70 near the 51-mile marker eastbound. The driver of the vehicle was identified as Alvaro Lopez-Chacon, age 39, of Costa Rica. During the course of the traffic stop the trooper observed criminal indicators and requested a canine. Trooper Kyle Hall and his canine Barker, from the ISP Putnamville Post, arrived. Barker indicated an alert on the vehicle. A subsequent search of the vehicle discovered that Lopez-Chacon was transporting 133 pounds of marijuana. Alvaro Lopez-Chacon was taken into custody and transported to the Morgan County Jail. The estimated street value of the marijuana is $300,000.
    Arrested and Charges: Alvaro Lopez-Chacon, 39, Costa Rica
    • Dealing Marijuana, Level 5 Felony
    • Possession of Marijuana, Class B Misdemeanor
    Photo 1 - Evidence Collected
    All criminal defendants are to be presumed innocent until, and unless proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt in a court of law.
    -30-​
    AMES
    mm

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    420, I get it! It wasn't Willie Nelson or Tommy Chong so 133 pounds is considered dealing.

Top Bottom