Dem Indiana mayor arrested for alleged drunk driving: 'I want to apologize'.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oze

Mow Ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 26, 2018
    Fort Wayne
    Stopped at Trubble Brewing for a coupla beers this evening. They're selling "Don't Be a Tom Henry" t-shirts. Unfortunately, not in size 3X Fat.

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    Video released of the arrest. A council member wanted the police video of the mayor's arrest on stories of how the mayor acted that night. Mayor henry countered that the council member was only trying to score political points and instead do his job.

Now that the video is released, I now know why henry tried so hard to keep it under wraps and spoke out against anyone wanting to see it.

Jsomerset

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2016
    Somerset
    Don’t think the threat of I’ll remember this can be ignored. I take it as a threat to their employment which he has power over. As far as being twice over the legal limit and carrying on in a mostly straight up sober manner is a very impressive feat in itself. Meaning to me he’s been practicing his drunkenness & Operating a vehicle while stoned for a very long time.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    WISH-TV uploaded no fewer than twenty-one body cam feeds - and I watched them in all their banality (there's several videos of an empty rear seats and dash cams with nothing in view).

For the most part he acted contrite and cooperative. He does invoke, "I'm the mayor, and do what I want" but that was in regards to getting his wife home in time for her medication (so he says).

I certainly think the one officer's fears of being fired are greatly overrated.

Count the number of perceived threats to the number of times he says, "it's my fault" or "do what you got to do".

Not excusing him, but this is pretty tame compared to a whole lot of officials getting busted on the road.

Last edited:

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Now that the video is released, I now know why henry tried so hard to keep it under wraps and spoke out against anyone wanting to see it.
    TBF, no matter what the circumstance or how good you behave, video of you in handcuffs can only hurt your public image.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    Right by my office (Foster Park Golf Course)! Maybe something good can come of this tragedy: 1)Cease and desist all current and future construction of roundabouts in and around the City of Fort Wayne, and 2) Eliminate all existing roundabouts . Common sense traffic management that we all can agree on.
    Roundabout causes drunk driving?

mark40sw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 5, 2015
    Roanoke
    For the most part he acted contrite and cooperative. He does invoke, "I'm the mayor, and do what I want" but that was in regards to getting his wife home in time for her medication (so he says).

I certainly think the one officer's fears of being fired are greatly overrated.

Count the number of perceived threats to the number of times he says, "it's my fault" or "do what you got to do".

Not excusing him, but this is pretty tame compared to a whole lot of officials getting busted on the road.

"Put the mayor in the backseat in handcuffs."
    "I won't forget this. Believe me."

How is that a "perceived threat" from someone with great influence over your job? It is a threat.

"Have Steve ... now. That is an order."
    "No. Call Steve and get him here now. That is an order."
    "That is an order. You understand what i'm saying?"

Doesn't sound "contrite and cooperative" to me. What was he expecting Steve to do anyway?

Top Bottom