• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Parabellum R

Plinker
    Feb 27, 2013
    Presented by Eric McElhaney*

This 1-day class covers the basic defensive use of the shotgun. It begins with the basics, including proper zeroing of your carbine, fundamentals of marksmanship, safety, manipulations, reloads (tactical & speed), and malfunctions. Students will increase their proficiency in close to midrange firing, defensive engagement of targets, ballistics, the use of cover and move into more advanced drills. Primary focus is raising the accuracy level and tactical handling of the shotgun.
    This course reviews the fundamentals and then focuses on refining accuracy and multiple target engagements. Drills will emphasize weak shoulder, moving, awkward positions, prone firing, dim light techniques, and moving into more advance long-range engagements.
    Fights are won by solid fundamentals and this course will teach you those fundamentals. This course is great for anyone who wants to dramatically improve their shooting skill.
    Safety rules and waivers
    Introduction of the shotgun
    Nomenclature of the shotgun
    Ballistics of the shotgun
    Zeroing of the shotgun
    Immediate action drills (Failure to fire)
    Shooting positions
    Multiple targets and zones shooting
    Transition shotgun to pistol to carbine drills
    Awkward shooting positions (KLBs)
    Cover and concealment drills
    Movement drills
    Dim light shooting techniques
    Assessment drill
    Shotgun preparedness drill

Required Equipment
    A pump action or semi-automatic shotgun with an appropriate barrel length.
    15 buckshot shells.
    5 slugs
    200 lead bird shot (low brass)
    50 rounds of pistol
    Eye and ear protection

Class will begin at 9:00 am sharp and will be fast paced.
    Lunch is NOT included. Please bring your own.
    Do not forget hydration and sunscreen.
    It's highly recommended to bring a chair.
    This is an outdoor range, so the only restrooms are Port-A-Johns.

*Eric is the owner of Professional Firearms Training, LLC and hold certifications from the NRA, Rangemaster, and the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy as an instructor.

draftsman

Marksman
    Feb 5, 2012
    Greenfield
    Sounds like a fun course.
    Where is this outdoor class taking place? Parabellum is an indoor range correct?
    Description mentions drills transitioning from shotgun to pistol to carbine but pistol and carbine are not listed as required equipment for the class. Please clarify.
    Thanks

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    This looks like a great course, and one I would benefit from taking; unfortunately, that date isn't going to work for me.

is there any chance Parabellum could udpate their website, with current/correct course information? Due to the nature of my work/travel, I have to plan ahead as much as possible, to accommodate things like this course.

Parabellum R

Plinker
    Feb 27, 2013
    Sounds like a fun course.
    Where is this outdoor class taking place? Parabellum is an indoor range correct?
    Description mentions drills transitioning from shotgun to pistol to carbine but pistol and carbine are not listed as required equipment for the class. Please clarify.
    Thanks
    It will be at the Martinsville Sportsmen Conservation Club, 2295 Burton Lane, Martinsville, 46151

Parabellum R

Plinker
    Feb 27, 2013
    This looks like a great course, and one I would benefit from taking; unfortunately, that date isn't going to work for me.

is there any chance Parabellum could udpate their website, with current/correct course information? Due to the nature of my work/travel, I have to plan ahead as much as possible, to accommodate things like this course.
    We are working on that. We have a new website rolling out August 1 that we have control of rather than the one we had which was a sight controlled by our Point of Sale company.

Top Bottom