• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Craig T

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2012
    Avon
    I’m looking to start taking some training classes and wondered what is around. I know tactical response’s fighting pistol is supposed to be a top notch class, but what else is there around here?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    First Vet your Instructor wether local or if traveling. If you want a more national known Instructor just look at their schedule Just had a Lee Weens First Person Safety class this weekend at Riley and highly recommend him GREAT person and Phenomenal Instructor, very Knowledgeable with good course material

John Murphy comes to several areas in Indiana and is a very good Instructor with good course material

Brian Hill another good instructor has done some courses in Indiana .

Been to 2 Dave Spaulding Classes and he is phenomenal but other than 2 specialty classes this year is now retired.

Also I have seen several classes in here Reveres Riders and others posted. If they fall on off weekends for you as far as other local, I am one of 2 instructors at Top Guns in Terre Haute. We have basic, Intro to personal protection and Church Security courses as far as Saturday classes and/or can cater to what you want/need In A private lesson.

We don’t do Navy Seal stuff just what is relevant to normal Earth People

And we are retired Agency Supervisory Instructors and continue to go to classes (Gunsite, Handguns Combatives, First Person Safety etc )to stay relevant if that’s something you’d be interested in PM me and I’ll give you more info

Good Luck

Last edited:

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    It's not just gun-handling and shooting skills, which do matter, it's also about acquiring the knowledge and developing the mindset of a good situational-awareness system (Condition: Yellow) with the goal of being able to take steps to avoid a situation first, implement an intermediate level of defense (ex: pepper spray) if possible, second, and utilizing a firearm only as a last resort!
    Understanding legal issues, recognizing the difference between being a 'soft' target and a 'hard' target and how to present yourself accordingly, as well as knowing what to expect in terms of how the body / brain changes when involved in a highly stressful, personal / home defense situations, etc., all of which combine to help make a defensive situation more survivable!
    The United States Concealed Carry Association (USCCA) offers members some excellent in-person (live) and online training videos available which gives excellent knowledge and situational awareness training to help one stay 'Left of Bang!' when it comes to personal / home defense!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom