• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    Can anyone reccomend a 7.62x39 soft point round they've had good luck with?

I'm going to try using my AK for the first time this year but I've only ever shot targets with bulk FMJ. Something matching 124 grain ballistics is preferable

I have had good luck with these...accurate and get the job done....I stocked up when they were $8.00 per box and thought that was expensive for 7.62X39...LOL....I run them in a Ruger American....not sure on how they would feed in an AK.

I just ordered 200 Lehigh controled caos .311 projectiles to start playing with loading up...reviews are all good...we will see.

Sorry....noticed they don't make them anymore.:dunno:

Last edited:

ndawoods25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Martinsville
    Well the heat has kept me out of the woods for a bit. After work on tuesday I will have 5 weeks off. I will start posting my daily deer movement as I did last year. Might help some of you to know you NEED to be in the woods. Cant wait for the chill in the air all day.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Went out this morning and spooked deer all the way there and including under my stand...lol. Nothing new, but got planted at 7:30 a.m and just before 8 a.m. had 2 yearlings and 2 nice does wondering around. Got a nice doe, been using Muzzy 4 blade 100 grain and once again not a single drop of blood to trail, but thankfully I watched her run around part of a picked cornfield for 125 yds, then lost sight. She only went another 20 yards after that run. Was able to drive truck through the woods and into the field right to her, man you can't beat that...getting her up in the 4x4 was a struggle but I manned up. LOL thumbnail.jpeg thumbnail.jpeg

ndawoods25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm behind on my update. Sat all day Saturday. Saw squirrels. Sat Sunday am in that monsoon. Saw nothing. Came home. Typhoon coming Monday. Headed back down Tues am. Sat tues evening Saw couple little bucks. We'd am, 1 120" buck, let walk. Almost had a turkey. Saw me at 80 yds ready my bow. Saw 3 does at noon. 1330 had a doe 45 yds. Just a yearling. 1345 had a at 24 yds. Let her have it. Dressed about 125lbs. Came home immediately after getting here to truck. To warm to hang. Cut her up, took shower, ate,cent to bed. 10 am thurs, getting ready to head back to West baden springs. My hunting grounds 20211027_134352.jpg

Last edited:

ndawoods25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Martinsville

I have had good luck with these...accurate and get the job done....I stocked up when they were $8.00 per box and thought that was expensive for 7.62X39...LOL....I run them in a Ruger American....not sure on how they would feed in an AK.

I just ordered 200 Lehigh controled caos .311 projectiles to start playing with loading up...reviews are all good...we will see.

Sorry....noticed they don't make them anymore.:dunno:
    Last year I used generic wolf, steel cased. hollow point. Deer only went 20 yds and major blood trail

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I am taking an extra special trip this year.

Next week I will be taking by friend out for the last time. He has terminal cancer and won't make gun season this year. We plan to go out to the deer woods in the blind and just watch. He doesn't feel like shooting a deer this year and, to be honest, I don't either.

Hopefully we get to see some good deer. I know we will have a good time while we are out there either way.

BigMatt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 22, 2009
    I just realized I may have put a damper on the thread. To start it back up again, here is a picture of another friend with the buck he took on my tree farm last year.

o1NqG1N.jpg

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Next week I will be taking by friend out for the last time. He has terminal cancer and won't make gun season this year. We plan to go out to the deer woods in the blind and just watch. He doesn't feel like shooting a deer this year and, to be honest, I don't either.

Hopefully we get to see some good deer. I know we will have a good time while we are out there either way.

Time well spent.

Shep79

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    Bainbridge

Probably the best hunting story I will read all year. May we all be blessed with friends like this on our journey home!

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    I still have the bucks bunched up and travelling together. It is a late fall here and most of the leaves are still green.

Still have and 8, 10 and 12pt walking together. A LOT OF REAL YOUNG BUCKS. I only have 62 acres and right now I have identified 15 different bucks on my property.

I don't bow hunt and have spent the year rolling out the welcome mat for the woodland creatures and it is paying off...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I still have the bucks bunched up and travelling together. It is a late fall here and most of the leaves are still green.

Still have and 8, 10 and 12pt walking together. A LOT OF REAL YOUNG BUCKS. I only have 62 acres and right now I have identified 15 different bucks on my property.

I don't bow hunt and have spent the year rolling out the welcome mat for the woodland creatures and it is paying off...
    Sounds similar to our situation. EHD smoked the herd a few years back before my hunting partner bought 75 acres. He busted his butt over the past two years and the results are definitely paying off. We're seeing at least a dozen different bucks on a regular basis and we've had one or two really nice ones that we've only seen once or twice.

We're confident his place will hold them like a magnet in a couple of years. Should be an amazing place to hunt. Good luck!

ndawoods25

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2011
    Martinsville
    Sit update. Sat fri am. An 8 pointer just even with his ears came through at 11 am. Let him walk. Not what I'm looking for. 1145 had 2, 4 pointers come right through me. Looked like twins. Let them walk. Getting warm. Got down at 1245. No big boys yet. Didn't hunt the pm. 65 degrees. Back at it in the am

Top Bottom