• ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Its not to early at all. For me, the 2021 season started in March with shed hunting.

In fact, I'm later this year than normal. Commitments and weather have kept me from staying onvtop of my food plots. I hope to till/plant late this week, but that will depend on how quickly it dries out from the rain coming down right now.

KARP

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2020
    Nwi
    A couple of weeks ago we put up a new ladder stand fixed another and helped the farmer put in 250ft. of new drain tile. Did a little scouting and checked all the other stands. Always feels good to walk the farm.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    My December 2020 doe. She`s a lot bigger than she looks. I`m 6'4". The guy who helped me unload her at Baker`s Camp said she had a huge head too. Took her of course, with that Knight Disc Extreme .50 caliber. Hope there`s many more like her to fill the freezer in 2021.

Attachments

• 2020 doe 1.jpg
      2020 doe 1.jpg
      4.2 MB · Views: 29

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    My December 2020 doe. She`s a lot bigger than she looks. I`m 6'4". The guy who helped me unload her at Baker`s Camp said she had a huge head too. Took her of course, with that Knight Disc Extreme .50 caliber. Hope there`s many more like her to fill the freezer in 2021.

Where did you get her?

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Our big boy has been making regular appearances in the back yard. Looks like he's going to have one helluva set of headgear. Main beams are already well past his ears and just starting to get a knob for the first tines. Brow tines are well in place, kinda hard to tell with the velvet but they look to be at least 4".

In other news got a couple plots planted and refreshed the mineral lick. Both are getting plenty of traffic.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Where did you get her?
    Long story, but the Reader`s Digest version:

Putnam County, kinda in the Greencastle/Fillmore area. I recently lost access to a couple small farms I`d had access to for better than 25 years. My buddy took me out on some property he has access to. We were sitting on the ground when I killed her. It had been a LONG time since I`d deer hunted off the ground, and it was really intense, really neat.

My buddy had already killed a really nice, big buck with beautiful dark antlers. He should have been home, comfortable and warm, taking it easy. But he was sitting out with me, working hard to get a deer for me. Wonderful friend.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Long story, but the Reader`s Digest version:

Putnam County, kinda in the Greencastle/Fillmore area. I recently lost access to a couple small farms I`d had access to for better than 25 years. My buddy took me out on some property he has access to. We were sitting on the ground when I killed her. It had been a LONG time since I`d deer hunted off the ground, and it was really intense, really neat.

My buddy had already killed a really nice, big buck with beautiful dark antlers. He should have been home, comfortable and warm, taking it easy. But he was sitting out with me, working hard to get a deer for me. Wonderful friend.

Very nice!

That area has some good hunting.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Very nice!

That area has some good hunting.
    I killed a really pretty 134 3/8" buck near there in 2018. 204 field dressed, my biggest buck ever. The herd numbers seem to be down the past 5 years or so, but the deer that are there are big, healthy, well fed deer.

Top Bottom