• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • phatgemi

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Oct 1, 2008
    Metamora, IN
    Hope I'm not duplicating a post anywhere but I just saw the DNR price increases. Bundle going up to 91 dollars. Non resident bundle going up to 550. Wow!!!

Dirty Steve

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 16, 2011
    Danville
    I have no issue with raising the price of a non-resident license. Wyoming sticks me for over $1K for an elk license to hunt on public lands and then tells me I have to hire a guide to go onto the same public land if it happens to be designated as a wilderness area. If a guy from Florida wants to come shoot one of "our" deer, he can pay a premium price to do so.

Dirty Steve

VostocK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 28, 2010
    I figured they would hike prices eventually. I am just kind of surprised they did it all at once. I guess now I just have to pay a little more to go squirrel watching during deer and turkey season and to spot monster bucks during squirrel season.

Michigan Slim

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    I understand and accept the fees for harvesting deer, fish, fur, etc. But why a license for catch and release fishing by IN residents?
    You use a State boat launch paid for by license fees, get checked by a Fish Cop who is using State equipment. The Feds provide monies determined by the number of licenses sold in the state. Water quality programs, habitat programs, land purchases and on and on. We fund it all. Takes money.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Indiana have a huge surplus of $$$$....DNR says they are doing fine...but this was to raise money for DNR, education....and "other things". No reason for the increase except our republicans love $$$$. Pretty soon you'll just get guys buy one license and just butcher their 3 or more deer and and turn the last deer in. State looks for added income any chance they get. At least they didn't raise it 300% like my County republicans did to our land taxes. Plus non residents already saying they are done, not paying that much to come here to hunt....so thats less $$$ for restaurant owners and motels that benefit from out of state hunters. Younger guys with god jobs paying more not so bad...but the older folks fixed incomes not so good.

Cavman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 2, 2009
    Indiana have a huge surplus of $$$$....DNR says they are doing fine...but this was to raise money for DNR, education....and "other things". No reason for the increase except our republicans love $$$$. Pretty soon you'll just get guys buy one license and just butcher their 3 or more deer and and turn the last deer in. State looks for added income any chance they get. At least they didn't raise it 300% like my County republicans did to our land taxes. Plus non residents already saying they are done, not paying that much to come here to hunt....so thats less $$$ for restaurant owners and motels that benefit from out of state hunters. Younger guys with god jobs paying more not so bad...but the older folks fixed incomes not so good
    Sent my state rep a email. Saying how the dnr was out of line with price increases. My state rwp pushes for constitutional carry cause ya cant charge for a right. So i said we made hunting a individual right under our state constitution so why we charging for it?

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Indiana have a huge surplus of $$$$....DNR says they are doing fine...but this was to raise money for DNR, education....and "other things". No reason for the increase except our republicans love $$$$. Pretty soon you'll just get guys buy one license and just butcher their 3 or more deer and and turn the last deer in. State looks for added income any chance they get. At least they didn't raise it 300% like my County republicans did to our land taxes. Plus non residents already saying they are done, not paying that much to come here to hunt....so thats less $$$ for restaurant owners and motels that benefit from out of state hunters. Younger guys with god jobs paying more not so bad...but the older folks fixed incomes not so good.
    Non resident hunters can stay in their state and hunt if they don't like price increases. Liberal Illinois has some good examples for Indiana to follow, wonder what good advice they can give.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    That is not legal in Indiana. Please explain?
    They raised land taxes 300%.....they can do what ever they want. People went to courthouse and nobody at courthouse would say who passed it. its a joke. Poor disabled ex FIL on fixed income was paying out $1000 a year for land taxes each year...shot up to $3000......you never own your own land,.....don't pay they come get it and your looking for a new home and land. Oh but the farmers don't have to pay because they got "farm land." But if you just got land or woods your screwed...thankfully we only set on 2 acres. Wabash County.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    They raised land taxes 300%.....they can do what ever they want. People went to courthouse and nobody at courthouse would say who passed it. its a joke. Poor disabled ex FIL on fixed income was paying out $1000 a year for land taxes each year...shot up to $3000......you never own your own land,.....don't pay they come get it and your looking for a new home and land. Oh but the farmers don't have to pay because they got "farm land." But if you just got land or woods your screwed...thankfully we only set on 2 acres. Wabash County.
    This is not possible. There is way more to the story. Here can be an example.

Joe owns 20 acres, about an acre is his homestead exemption, the rest has been taxed agricultural because Joe used to raise a couple of calves, but to qualify, agriculture of some kind must exist. As Joe’s health got worse he had to stop raising calves, in the meantime development is encroaching, Joe’s land is no longer agricultural, its best use is development and that is what he is taxed on. Land prices are skyrocketing.

Gov. Daniel’s locked property tax rates so your county did not raise taxes 300% because to do so it would require a state constitutional amendment to do so.

This situation sucks, maybe you could help him get to agricultural again. Maybe harvesting some trees might work? Get something to graze the land?

Top Bottom