• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tbell7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Aug 21, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Just ordered a drop thigh holster...and was very disappointed. It looks/feels very airsofty....I understand you get what you pay for. Any word on some decent drop thigh holster out there. I know there's a ton for glocks and sigs...I want one for my Rhino and some other revolvers. Help me INGO!?!?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Safariland makes a solid Level 3 retention holster. Or at least they used to.

EDIT: I just noticed the relative oddballs you are trying to fit in it. Good luck. You're going to need it. There arent many holsters for obscure guns for the Rhino, let alone a drop leg. You will probably have to have a custom one made.

Speaking of that, I think Blackhawk has a modular quick change system. Maybe buy the stuff for a drop leg with the adapter plates, and then have your holster maker attach it to the plate.

Tbell7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Aug 21, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Safariland makes a solid Level 3 retention holster. Or at least they used to.

EDIT: I just noticed the relative oddballs you are trying to fit in it. Good luck. You're going to need it. There arent many holsters for obscure guns for the Rhino, let alone a drop leg. You will probably have to have a custom one made.

Speaking of that, I think Blackhawk has a modular quick change system. Maybe buy the stuff for a drop leg with the adapter plates, and then have your holster maker attach it to the plate.
    I would prefer a safariland....bummed they don't have more options for their drop downs. You never know what you'll need just incase you get charged by a bear or a Eastside Indy tweaker...I like the idea with the adapter plates!

Tbell7

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Aug 21, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Looks cool, they saw it on TV, is the only resort I can think of.
    I mean yaa that's pretty much it....zero practical purpose. It's kind of bad ass.... I might take it out when I hunt... same reason people "need" 50 round drums for their glocks....If the Rock has one then the rest of America probably should too lol

Attachments

• fast-five-2.jpg
      fast-five-2.jpg
      384 KB · Views: 10

bullcrap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2023
    Paoli
    I mean yaa that's pretty much it....zero practical purpose. It's kind of bad ass.... I might take it out when I hunt... same reason people "need" 50 round drums for their glocks....If the Rock has one then the rest of America probably should too lol
    I'm glad someone on here agrees with some of the things that I do.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Just ordered a drop thigh holster...and was very disappointed. It looks/feels very airsofty....I understand you get what you pay for. Any word on some decent drop thigh holster out there. I know there's a ton for glocks and sigs...I want one for my Rhino and some other revolvers. Help me INGO!?!?

I think I still have a bladetech drop panel lying around if you'd be interested. Free if you'd like it. It missing one strap I think

IMG_20210809_094303541.jpg

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Looks cool, they saw it on TV, is the only resort I can think of.
    Last fall I watched some LEO's donning their regalia in the parking lot of Monrovia High School. It was off hours, I assumed it was some type of training. At leas two of them were wearing drop leg holsters. I've contemplated one when hiking backwoods. Seems like it would be comfortable and convenient, but I don't really know. They look badass though.

bullcrap

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2023
    Paoli
    Last fall I watched some LEO's donning their regalia in the parking lot of Monrovia High School. It was off hours, I assumed it was some type of training. At leas two of them were wearing drop leg holsters. I've contemplated one when hiking backwoods. Seems like it would be comfortable and convenient, but I don't really know. They look badass though.
    With that extra weight on one leg it will cause you to walk in circles.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

They aren't particularly comfortable and I wouldn't really want to hike with one on all day. They were originally for getting your sidearm down and out of the way of older really bulky body armor, but now with new lighter plate carriers something mounted to a Safariland medium ride UBL will clear armor easily and you don't have to deal with the inconvenience of the leg strap and you handgun trying to ride forward as you walk or run.

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan

If you insist on a drop leg rig (which I don't recommend for most people), I would get the drop leg base from Safariland and find a company that will make you kydex holsters for the revolvers you want with the three hole Safariland attachment. Another brand you could use is G-Code.

Your other options are leather holsters in a dangler type sheath and leg strap or Uncle Mikes style crapola holster made out of Cordura.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    They aren't particularly comfortable and I wouldn't really want to hike with one on all day. They were originally for getting your sidearm down and out of the way of older really bulky body armor, but now with new lighter plate carriers something mounted to a Safariland medium ride UBL will clear armor easily and you don't have to deal with the inconvenience of the leg strap and you handgun trying to ride forward as you walk or run.

Safariland Mid-ride UBL is the bees pajamas! Perfect length of draw for me. Plenty of clearance for draw with modern carriers, even with cummerbund/side plates

Top Bottom