Debunking 'Under The Gun' - Documentary or Propaganda?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    ...She is cute and perkey...

She's cuter than Joseph Goebbels, I'll give her that.

Dunno, you might have to ask Goebbels ​and her boyfriends about that.

I'll just leave this here.

tired%20of%20bs.png

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Thank you :D

So, what do you do after being caught barefaced in a lie? Offer a not apology and double down;
    Couric & Soechtig Double-Down On Fraudulent Anti-Gun Film ? Bearing Arms

Soechtig also revealed her true anti-gun rights agenda when she huffed: “If I wanted to make them [Virginia Citizens Defense League] look bad, I would have focused exclusively on their radical ideology. But I didn’t do that.” Later in the interview, Soechtig added: “It’s interesting that they’re focusing on what’s not in the film instead of what is in the film, because if they focused on what is in the film, it would threaten their livelihood. This is very textbook gun-lobby intimidation tactics, and I won’t be intimidated….There is a small but noisy fringe in this country. They’ve been really loud, and to be honest they’ve been really successful in preventing our legislators from passing any meaningful legislation on this issue.”

OK, let's look at what is in the film - by the admission of you and your co-conspirator there is deception.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    From the article.

Soechtig and Couric sound defiant in front of friendly television cameras.

I somehow suspect they won’t feel so cocky if they find themselves defending themselves in a multi-million dollar civil case.

Let's hope this goes forward.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    It would be very interesting because they have made statements that would support the claim that they willfully edited the footage to cast VCDL in a bad light and misrepresent their statements.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    That could get real interesting real quickly if the DA decides to do anything about it. Sadly I doubt it, it'll be swept under the rug like David Gregory.

Of course if it goes to trial she might argue that she was selectively edited :D

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Here's another article that nails them right on the money. Put your anti 2A money where your mouths are and turn your sanctimonious asses in for admitting to breaking Federal Firearms law. If you try to weasel out and claim it did'nt happen like you say it did then you are even bigger lying hack POS (plural)

Give it up. You're busted.

Katie Couric's Producers Repeatedly Broke Federal Gun Laws

When Soechtig and her team plea to federal charges for violating the nation’s commonsense gun laws, we’ll know they’re serious about cutting down on gun crime. Until then, we’ll know they’re just a bunch of ignorant, gun-trafficking profiteers who want to take away our rights while they violate with absolute impunity the very laws they demand.

Last edited:

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Yeah, just saw that. So she'll be turning herself in right?

if anyone gets their nuts in a vise it will be the lowly producer tasked with doing the deed. She wont even see the inside of a courtroom except as a witness.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    It's funny how "common sense gun laws" are so darn confusing that a college educated film producer passionate about gun safety can't follow them. ;)

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    It's funny how "common sense gun laws" are so darn confusing that a college educated film producer passionate about gun safety can't follow them. ;)
    She's passionate about her unhinged hatred of anyone or anything pro 2A proven by the low level lying tactics that she'll sink to in order to sway an easily malleable portion of the public that gobbles up her poisonous tripe by the spoonful.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    if anyone gets their nuts in a vise it will be the lowly producer tasked with doing the deed. She wont even see the inside of a courtroom except as a witness.
    I seriously doubt if anyone will even get indicted but if they did she should also be indicted for the alleged role she played when she allegedly instructed that lowly producer to go out and make those alleged purchases for her. If nothing else she would be party to a straw purchase as the article points out. Her hands are just as dirty as the hands of the lowly producer that allegedly made the purchases.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    I seriously doubt if anyone will even get indicted but if they did she should also be indicted for the alleged role she played when she allegedly instructed that lowly producer to go out and make those alleged purchases for her. If nothing else she would be party to a straw purchase as the article points out. Her hands are just as dirty as the hands of the lowly producer that allegedly made the purchases.
    Sounds like there could be a good case of conspiracy for her to answer

WarJunky91

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2016
    Decatur
    Normally i would say they will probably get out of it. But if, IF they happened to do it in a county that is unfriendly to the gun control agenda i'm sure the prosecutor in that district could pursue some sort of charges.

Top Bottom