Debunking 'Under The Gun' - Documentary or Propaganda?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    If this is NPR's take, it looks like Katie has alienated even her base.
    You simply can't be that unambiguously biased in the news today.
    It WILL be called out.

I firmly believe that Barack Obama was only elected because of the internet, and I also believe that same internet will be the downfall of his political legacy.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    It WILL be called out.

It was only called out because someone with the VCDL made a recording and shared it with others. Lesson: When interviewed by the media and you are in any way concerned about bias or being made to look bad publicly, make your own independent recording.

I firmly believe that Barack Obama was only elected because of the internet, and I also believe that same internet will be the downfall of his political legacy.

Not sure why you limit to "the internet". The vast majority of the media (print, TV, etc) slanted and amplified his message while suppressing dissenting points of view.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The two stupid hacks responsible for this still maintain it was an innocent editing choice to put in the pause in order to represent the seriousness of the question and not intended to to make anyone look bad. Bull****.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    The two stupid hacks responsible for this still maintain it was an innocent editing choice to put in the pause in order to represent the seriousness of the question and not intended to to make anyone look bad. Bull****.

Sorry, but that doesn't pass the sniff test. The editted in a section of video from another time period. This was a conscious act, not an accident. They asked a question as part of the video, but then never showed the answers that the members actually gave. If they really wanted to "allow the audience to think", then why show the members being silent (when they weren't in the real interview) and never show their actual responses? Liars.

Just assume they are Democrat operatives with media power and you'll rarely go wrong.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Thank you for that link

It WILL be called out.

Yup. There needs to be plausible deniability, or a fall guy in place. Claiming that the edit was supposed to be artistic rather than leave the defenders of 2A speechless was neither.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    13256548_1003107973119191_3295258942906008537_n.jpg

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I have known more than a few journalist. Not the bloggers. Honest to goodness graduates from J school at respected universities.

The vast majority are very socially liberal. I don't know why. Not sure if the profession attracts liberal mindsets or if the profession creates it.

But without exception, they were all dogmatically bound to their ethical code. It doesn't surprise me that they have turned on her.

She he has an undergraduate degree in American Studies. She is cute and perkey. And has no journalistic credibility other than the fact she has worked for every major news organization. ( which also means she's been fired from every major news organization).

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I have known more than a few journalist. Not the bloggers. Honest to goodness graduates from J school at respected universities.

The vast majority are very socially liberal. I don't know why. Not sure if the profession attracts liberal mindsets or if the profession creates it.

But without exception, they were all dogmatically bound to their ethical code. It doesn't surprise me that they have turned on her.

She he has an undergraduate degree in American Studies. She is cute and perkey. And has no journalistic credibility other than the fact she has worked for every major news organization. ( which also means she's been fired from every major news organization).

She's cuter than Joseph Goebbels, I'll give her that.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Dunno, you might have to ask Goebbels ​and her boyfriends about that.

Top Bottom