• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dobe77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2021
    Northeast IN
    Just curious if anyone here has the Dead Air Wolfman suppressor? If so, I would appreciate your opinion of the can and what you are using it on.

Thanks!

Jkwrangler70

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2016
    Lafayette
    Mine was great for the first few hundred rounds on my kp9 SBR till the first weld failed and launched my can down range. To Dead Air’s credit, they immediately sent me an RMA (over a holiday weekend) and had the can back to me in 8 days including shipping both ways. Been great ever since

Attachments

• 19827190-4D79-4400-B0D6-17695EAE3EAB.jpeg
      19827190-4D79-4400-B0D6-17695EAE3EAB.jpeg
      1 MB · Views: 16
    • 7CB22B08-7F5F-4A9A-81BE-AE9E7EC2279F.jpeg
      7CB22B08-7F5F-4A9A-81BE-AE9E7EC2279F.jpeg
      471.7 KB · Views: 15

SpinDrift762

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 4, 2022
    Brownsburg
    Mine was great for the first few hundred rounds on my kp9 SBR till the first weld failed and launched my can down range. To Dead Air’s credit, they immediately sent me an RMA (over a holiday weekend) and had the can back to me in 8 days including shipping both ways. Been great ever since
    I’ve seen a ton of reviews saying the Wolfman is spooky quiet in its full length configuration, what’s your take?

I’m starting to look at cans exclusively for my MP5, and I’m on the fence between this and the SiCo Omega 9k with the flush mount tri-lug adapter

Jkwrangler70

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2016
    Lafayette
    It is definitely quiet af with subs, in either configuration. If I was gonna buy a dedicated sub gun can it would be definitely be either a wolfman or Omega 9k. I don’t have a 9k but I’ve heard great things. Will buy one eventually

dobe77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2021
    Northeast IN
    Thanks for your response.

Was there ever a root cause analysis done that determined the cause of the failure?

Jkwrangler70

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 24, 2016
    Lafayette
    Thanks for your response.

Was there ever a root cause analysis done that determined the cause of the failure?
    The repair summary Dead Air sent told me that there was low weld penetration along the entire stack, with the penetration getting progressively worse front to back. The second to last baffle before the blast baffle actually split as well, but the rearmost baffle in the split visibly has almost zero weld penetration which caused the failure. They told me it was probably a laser welder out of calibration or with a dirty tip. The entire baffle stack was replaced and welded onto the rear portion of my can. Total process was 8 days iirc, including shipping both days over a holiday.

dobe77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2021
    Northeast IN
    The repair summary Dead Air sent told me that there was low weld penetration along the entire stack, with the penetration getting progressively worse front to back. The second to last baffle before the blast baffle actually split as well, but the rearmost baffle in the split visibly has almost zero weld penetration which caused the failure. They told me it was probably a laser welder out of calibration or with a dirty tip. The entire baffle stack was replaced and welded onto the rear portion of my can. Total process was 8 days iirc, including shipping both days over a holiday.
    Thanks so much for those details! Much appreciated. I am very close to ordering one of these. Anyone can have QC issues, it is what is done after an issue occurs and it sounds like Dead Air took care of you and provided great customer support.

IUKalash429

Bullet Hose
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Apr 6, 2019
    Rum Ham
    I didn't see this thread until just now, but @dobe77 you made a great choice. Mine has been awesome and I run it on a bunch of different guns in pistol and rifle calibers. Washers are a nice bonus. Between DA and JMac there is a Keymicro device for just about everything. You won't be disappointed.

UJ8GP6Yh.jpeg

dobe77

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 5, 2021
    Northeast IN
    I didn't see this thread until just now, but @dobe77 you made a great choice. Mine has been awesome and I run it on a bunch of different guns in pistol and rifle calibers. Washers are a nice bonus. Between DA and JMac there is a Keymicro device for just about everything. You won't be disappointed.

UJ8GP6Yh.jpeg
    Thanks for the feedback! I only have one host currently for the Wolfman, but good to know that it works well on a variety of calibers.

tbhausen

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    That means yours probably ain’t the only one.

Top Bottom