• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    Does anyone know if this is possible? To direct thread a Sandman? Building another 300bo and want to dedicate this can to it. Does the Nomad direct thread fixed mount attachment work with the Sandman as well?

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    It is possible, but not in the way you are thinking. Keymo is built in to the Sandman series, so none of the Nomad mounting is compatible. You could latch a keymo muzzle device into the Sandman and then direct thread the can plus muzzle device on if that is what you want. This is not what you want to hear, but putting a Sandman on a dedicated 300 blackout is kind of the worst pair you can have. It will work, but they are two opposites of the spectrum. The Sandman is built to be abused on short barrel hot rounds like 5.56, 7.62x39, and 7.62x51. 300 blackout is a quiet suppressed round that isnt very abusive to cans. You are much better off dedicating a different can to your 300 blackout, but I dont really know your situation. In addition, you could send your Sandman to Nick at ECCO machine to chop off your Keymo and weld in direct threads, but this is costly and still kind of pointless to run on 300 blackout. If you provide additional background on what you are trying to do, we may have other suggestions.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    If you were okay with it being about 1.5” longer, you could go with the Sandman-Ti, which is a direct thread, titanium version.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    Thanks for the responses fellas. I'm not really looking to pick up any more cans at the moment. I've got 2 dedicated 5.56 cans, and 2 .30cal cans. The Dead Air had been living on my Scar 16 10" for a while and decided to switch things up. Wanted to move my YHM turbo k on it, and it frees up the Sandman to put on something else. My Thunder Chicken is going on a Sig Rattler, which was originally on my 9" BCM 300bo. Super quiet on both. But I think I'm just enjoying shooting subs way more and would like to build my 300bo collection. The initial idea was to run the Sandman integrally suppressed on the BCM upper. I was planning on changing out the rail, but after realizing that it's not the best can for that, I may just have to pick up a dedicated 300bo can for doing so.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    Just got my Sandman TI. Wow, just wow. Awesome can.

Agreed. I love mine. I run it on a bunch of different guns, but it mostly lives on my 300BO. I run supers and subs through it routinely. Not sure why it’s not a good option for 300BO.

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    Agreed. I love mine. I run it on a bunch of different guns, but it mostly lives on my 300BO. I run supers and subs through it routinely. Not sure why it’s not a good option for 300BO.

The Sandman TI is a decent fit for 300 blackout dedicated use. My comments were around the original question of using a Sandman S as a dedicated 300 blackout can. It will work, but it is longer and heavier than other silencers that have better sound suppression. It is designed as a heavy duty hard use can, and 300 blackout is not a hard use cartridge. The titanium silencers such as the Nomad TI, Nomad LT, and Sandman TI are more appropriate matches for dedicated 300 blackout.

Top Bottom