• ...and so much more!
  • Jont22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Aug 24, 2019
    Morgan County
    So, after waiting over a year, I picked up my mask to discover that one of the baffles was slightly deformed. I contacted DA and they said it would be fine but that I could send it in for a replacement baffle. I did this because I wanted my new suppressor to be right. I waited 2 more weeks and got it back today to find that they replaced the standard baffle with a blast baffle...so now there are two blast baffles. I contacted DA again and they assured me I wouldn't see any performance issues, but I have little faith in the CS rep on the other end of the email just based of the inferred tone I got from his messages and the lack of any information other than stating it would be fine. Can anyone here provide any insight? Am I better off or the same? Should I be sending it back in for them to get it right?

I should have 1 blast baffle and 6 standard baffles then shorter baffle for the other end.

IMG_2931.JPEG

This is the deformed standard baffle and the reason I sent it in.
    IMG_2873.JPEG

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I'm no expert but if I buy product xyz with hard earned bucks esp after waiting for a jail break, that better be perfect and not some jackass telling me it will be "fine" / "ok" / " you'll never notice". Guess what, I noticed it ain't right and I noticed that the CSR sucks donkey private parts. I tend to call places asking to soeak directly to head cheeses as they are usually unawares of unhappy customers. Unhappy campers aren't repeat customers and will air their grievances on boards like ours.

Jont22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Aug 24, 2019
    Morgan County
    The only number I could find goes to a full answering machine that tells you to send an email. I may ask for a return call next week and see what happens. I just hate to have to wait 2 more weeks but what’s 2 more compared to 60 I guess.

Jont22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Aug 24, 2019
    Morgan County
    If you post on ar15.com in the silencers section, Todd McGee from Dead Air will help get you sorted out. He is an engineer for Dead Air.
    I was searching and searching last night for a contact other than the cs email and found his email in a post from when the mask was released. Whether it’s still valid, only time will tell. Lol. But I sent a message to the email I found. I asked for someone to call me on Monday in the cs email thread also.

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    Enjoy it when they get it straightened out. I'm surprised they couldn't just send you a baffle. My mask is so much fun to shoot. I just need to get my hands on a solid 10/22 with a threaded barrel.

Top Bottom