• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Buddy of mine put his new f1 with a deadair adapter on with the cover on , so he didn't get a good grip to torque it down properly
    Ran a few different low roundcount drills then decided to dump a good portion of a mag ...
    Needless to say the can worked it's way off ,shot off the mount and looks like it took a round while flying down range
    Now this is as far as the adapter will unscrew , so while it is possible for him to put it on and take it off it's EXTREMELY difficult
    Anyone know if these adapters can be taken apart so we can see what might be the problem ?....it tightens down just fine just seems like it's a few clicks from totally disengaging

Have to say considering it was apparently shot mid air it seems to be in good shape other than this problem lol Resized_20220924_183147.jpeg

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Might just be the picture, but the three inner lugs looked to be sheared off.
    Yeah it does look like they might be damaged but I'll have to look at his in person to be sure it's not just the pic
    As suggested by sloppyjoe I found a few disassembly videos and shared them with him but he says he can't get it to come apart so hopefully I can get some spare time to get over there and give it a try myself
    Tried looking for replacement parts online but I guess the main part of the adapter has those lugs built in so pretty much screwed I'd imagine

Last edited:

sloppyjoe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 27, 2019
    Brownsburg
    Yeah just went and looked at mine to compare and it does look like they might be damaged but I'll have to look at his in person to be sure it's not just the pic
    As suggested by sloppyjoe I found a few disassembly videos and shared them with him but he says he can't get it to come apart so hopefully I can get some spare time to get over there and give it a try myself
    Tried looking for replacement parts online but I guess the main part of the adapter has those lugs built in so pretty much screwed I'd imagine
    Dead Air may replace it under warranty if your buddy contacts their customer service. I thought I saw one guy on ar15.com have the lugs shear off on his keymo and damaged his YHM can. Dead Air ended up covering the replacements. I'm not sure if they will cover user error, but it doesnt hurt to ask.

Elcardo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 14, 2020
    Ft.wayne
    Dead Air may replace it under warranty if your buddy contacts their customer service. I thought I saw one guy on ar15.com have the lugs shear off on his keymo and damaged his YHM can. Dead Air ended up covering the replacements. I'm not sure if they will cover user error, but it doesnt hurt to ask.
    Yeah thats what I told him basically, doesn't hurt to ask.....

Top Bottom