• ...and so much more!
  • Joniki

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    NE Indiana
    I would be curious to know what kind of security detail the mayor of DC has.
    She's a woman telling another woman that the city is safe and that carrying a gun for protection is not needed ...
    12 armed guards (most likely full auto) at a cost of 1 mill a year....

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    It's my understanding that it is legal for her to carry at work, in congress. The issue is how she protects herself on the way to work, back at home and in between.

Interesting how the mayor associated Boebert's self-defense with the "violence" coming to DC in the form of legal protest of election fraud?
    It's my understanding that it is legal for her to carry at work, in congress. The issue is how she protects herself on the way to work, back at home and in between.

Interesting how the mayor associated Boebert's self-defense with the "violence" coming to DC in the form of legal protest of election fraud?

I think I read somewhere that she could could travel with it unloaded (possibly cases, maybe even more restrictions).

I like her stance, but she's about to get railroaded.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I think I read somewhere that she could could travel with it unloaded (possibly cases, maybe even more restrictions).

I like her stance, but she's about to get railroaded.
    Maybe she's hitting it head on? Be the test case?

Maybe this was her plan from the beginning? She is the perfect example.

She comes from a free state. There should be immunity for her to represent that free state safely in our nation's capitol.

Last edited:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    Maybe she's hitting it head on? Be the test case?

Maybe this was her plan from the beginning? She is the perfect example.

She comes from a free state. There should be immunity for her to represent that free state safely in our nation's capitol.

Hopefully she is playing the long game.
    IMO she is right, her and every other legal person has the right

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Well apparently she dropped the idea of carrying a gun at work.

Two days into the new, 117th Congress, Boebert has reported to work minus the Glock, according to an aide who asked not to be identified.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Oh yeah.

There's a least one politician that's been busted carrying a gun through airport security, too.
    It wasn't the same though.
    That other dude had a carry permit in his state, TSA caught him with a gun while trying to board a plane.
    He wasn't charged or arrested.

In her case she's potentially carrying illegally while in DC, and even owning an unregistered handgun at her residence in DC is illegal.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    That other dude had a carry permit in his state, TSA caught him with a gun while trying to board a plane.

In her case she's potentially carrying illegally while in DC, and even owning an unregistered handgun at her residence in DC is illegal.
    My point is, being a politician doesn't (technically*) make you immune.

* See the "chumps" thread.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30

She can carry INSIDE the congressional building where her office is at and I think onto the house floor.

The issue is how does she get the GLOCK onto federal property without breaking the DC law.

She would have to leave the weapon in her office when she leaves work as well since she cant legally carry on the streets of DC.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    She can carry INSIDE the congressional building where her office is at and I think onto the house floor.

The issue is how does she get the GLOCK onto federal property without breaking the DC law.

She would have to leave the weapon in her office when she leaves work as well since she cant legally carry on the streets of DC.
    Yeah, that's my understanding ase well.

I don't know what DC law says about transporting (unloaded gun in case) a gun.
    I read that a handgun as to be registered for it to be legal in DC anyway.

So it might be even illegal for her to bring her handgun from her home state to her DC residence.
    Even if she doesn't carry it.

I know another congressman keeps an AR-15 in his office.
    I don't think you can buy those in DC so im not sure about the legalities to bring it to the Capitol.

ken-burke.jpg

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    The video description is straight leftist drivel. I regret my click...

First, Congresswoman Lauren Boebert you walk to work so that means you’re also in one of the most wealthiest parts of DC where you’ll avoid the homeless on our streets, you’ll never walk down the Southeast Streets where families are struggling with the highest covid infection rates and where families are only living with a roof over their head because evictions are legally prevented by Mayor Bowser emergency order. Many of your new neighbors are struggling why? Well in part to your new colleagues refusing to address the struggles of what’s really going on just two miles down PA Avenue. So while you walk and talk let’s see if you can chew on some of this - remember you’re only a guest here - politicians come and go you still register your address far away from the very place where you may sleep, sleep well too I’m sure. However before you come into the very place where Congress decides what rights we who live here have, why not jump on and support DC Statehood Coalition are you able to become part of the D.C. Statehood Congressional Delegation? Oh and while you’re at it give us the proper funding that other states smaller than us have gotten and tell your buddy Trump that in the four years our Washington Metropolitan Police Dept. has protected him he’s racked up a bill for security all the back to his inauguration which he has yet to pay back to the district. SOOO... if you want to complain (already) about the very streets you’re a guest walking on pick up that mirror and ask yourself how you can help Congresswoman Eleanor Holmes Norton with statehood so We The People of DC can have voting representation just like the very people you represent. How dare you come here and in just days spend whoever’s money to produce this expensive video production against the very place where people will risk their lives to protect yours. (I bet many could have had some nice warm meals on the expense you paid to produce this video) So whatcha think ready to support statehood? Oh, one more thing, Our new Police Chief, Robert J. Contee III has already put you in your place reminding you that you are only a guest here when he said "That congresswoman, whoever it is, I guess it was from Colorado, will be subjected to the same penalties as anyone else that’s caught on the District of Columbia street that’s carrying a firearm.” On behalf of many struggling DC residents who DO call Washington, DC home, Welcome! Really who did pay for that video?

Top Bottom