• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    I got an email a while back from Delta Team Tactical about a upper on sale. Davidson Defense complete upper minus bolt, and a lower build kit(556). I took the bait and ordered it. About 5 weeks later it arrived. The night before Thanksgiving I assembled a lower and put the Davidson Defense upper on it ( I didn't use any of the LPK that came with the upper). Thanksgiving day we always do a bunch of shooting, so I got it out, put a mag in it, went to charge a round, and the round got stuck about 1\4 inch from full battery. And it was STUCK! A few days later I took a rubber mallet and beat the bolt open and got the round out. I tried that round in another gun and it went fine, I then tried other rounds in the Davidson Defense and again no-go. Yesterday Delta Team sent me a return label and I sent it off today. I told them I want my money back. We'll see how long it takes them and if I get a full refund.
    Also the rounds that I tried in the chamber came out very scuffed up, like the chamber wasn't finished. Empty brass wouldn't fit either.

Last edited:

PGRChaplain

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Waynedale (FT Wayne)
    Sorry to hear about your Bad Luck! I ordered an AR kit last year from Sarco minus the Lower. For the price I figured I'd have to deal with some small problems. I was surprised to find just the opposite. It was all Mil-Spec and neatly packaged and arrived in under 48 hours. I haven't seen Sarco mentioned on here but ill buy from them again. Good Luck with your Refund!

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So is it actually a Daniel Defense upper?

I am thinking Typo

OP did you run a brush in the chamber. I had PSA upper a few years ago that did near the same thing.
    Looked in the chamber and it was full of crap. I put a chamber brush on a battery drill and cleaned it out.
    Ran just fine after that.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Hey guys, parts is parts, it shouldn't matter that one is $800 and another is $50? Daniel, David, Defense, it's all the same!

OP, not dogging on you, just making a point!

223 Gunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    199   0   0
    Jan 7, 2009
    Red Sector A
    I think it's a Davidson Defense. In the OP.

Yes, I read the title and his paragraph, he does state Davidson a couple times and Daniel Defense once near the end, referring to it as the same upper with the issue.
    That's why I was confused.
    The OP could go back in and edit his post.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    FWIW, I just dropped a round in the chamber of my Davidson upper and it dropped right in, no problem. Hopefully the OP just got a lemon and it's not endemic to the brand.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    Yes, I read the title and his paragraph, he does state Davidson a couple times and Daniel Defense once near the end, referring to it as the same upper with the issue.
    That's why I was confused.
    The OP could go back in and edit his post.
    I see than now. Fixed

FWIW, I just dropped a round in the chamber of my Davidson upper and it dropped right in, no problem. Hopefully the OP just got a lemon and it's not endemic to the brand.
    I'm always getting lemons, and I don't even like lemon aide...

potterinlaws

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2019
    Inidana
    Bought two hand-guards. Called to return... No damage to product. Called for return rma... They never pick up their phone. Emailed and they respond days later.. after I returned product for guaranteed return. Got shipping confirmation that they got the product. They NEVER credited my account...but billed me full amount. Stay Away from Davidson Defense! This company is UNRESPONSIVE to the customer. THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN. Go anywhere else. SPEND IT AT DAVIDSON AND YOU WON'T GET YOUR MONEY BACK EVEN IF YOU HAVE SHIPPING CONFIRMATION THAT THEY HAVE THEIR PRODUCT BACK. THIS COMPANY IS COMPLETELY IRRESPONSIBLE! 3 MONTHS LATER AND STILL NO REFUND DESPITE THEIR GUARANTEE! RUN AWAY! I FINALLY GOT A HOLD OF A GUY NAMED BRAD AT THEIR STORE FRONT. HE REFUSED TO TALK TO ME AND HUNG UP SAYING HE WAS TOO BUSY AND THEY HAVE THOUSANDS OF ORDERS. I TOLD HIM THE CUSTOMER PHONE NUMBER HE WAS TRYING TO GET ME TO CALL NEVER PICKS UP AND IVE BEEN TRYING FOR MONTHS. HE JUST HUNG UP ON ME...NOT CARING AT ALL THAT THEY HAVE TAKEN MY MONEY! THIS GUY DESERVES JAIL TIME! CLOSE THIS COMPANY DOWN.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    Bought two hand-guards. Called to return... No damage to product. Called for return rma... They never pick up their phone. Emailed and they respond days later.. after I returned product for guaranteed return. Got shipping confirmation that they got the product. They NEVER credited my account...but billed me full amount. Stay Away from Davidson Defense! This company is UNRESPONSIVE to the customer. THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN. Go anywhere else. SPEND IT AT DAVIDSON AND YOU WON'T GET YOUR MONEY BACK EVEN IF YOU HAVE SHIPPING CONFIRMATION THAT THEY HAVE THEIR PRODUCT BACK. THIS COMPANY IS COMPLETELY IRRESPONSIBLE! 3 MONTHS LATER AND STILL NO REFUND DESPITE THEIR GUARANTEE! RUN AWAY! I FINALLY GOT A HOLD OF A GUY NAMED BRAD AT THEIR STORE FRONT. HE REFUSED TO TALK TO ME AND HUNG UP SAYING HE WAS TOO BUSY AND THEY HAVE THOUSANDS OF ORDERS. I TOLD HIM THE CUSTOMER PHONE NUMBER HE WAS TRYING TO GET ME TO CALL NEVER PICKS UP AND IVE BEEN TRYING FOR MONTHS. HE JUST HUNG UP ON ME...NOT CARING AT ALL THAT THEY HAVE TAKEN MY MONEY! THIS GUY DESERVES JAIL TIME! CLOSE THIS COMPANY DOWN.

Heckuva first post after 11 months of lurking. Sorryboutchurluck. I'll keep that in mind if I'm EVER tempted by a Davidson Defense ad.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

First post in almost a year. Attorney or married in to the Potter family? Oh yeah, welcome to INGO.

Top Bottom